Your Favorite Rides/Places to Ride

Meetups, rallies, or scooter-related events.

Moderator: Modsquad

StillThumps
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2021
Color: White

Your Favorite Rides/Places to Ride

Post by StillThumps »

So many scooter riders view reading others’ ride reports From Any Country as interesting good things (I do!)...where you rode, the scenery you saw, any fun or unusual experience. Things like hearing a bit about your scooter, how it ran, why you like riding, or why you like your favorite riding places are always nice to hear. Longer ride plans/tours are fun to hear about too! Cheers, ~ST
StillThumps
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Your Favorite Rides/Places to Ride

Post by StillThumps »

In Ohio the best rides I’ve had by far (and will have with the PCX🙂) have been in the Hocking Hills in the southeastern part of the state. There are up & down curvy roads through farm country and the Wayne National Forest area. During the fall the colors are stunning and it’s a favorite ride for many 2 and 4 wheelers.

A previous favorite..years ago..was riding the narrow country roads near my AF base in Suffolk, England. Beautiful countryside and villages…could stop for fish and chips on the way. I didn’t go far as my ancient BSA 250 regularly shed parts or broke down. Cheers
mymitzi
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013
Color: black

Post by mymitzi »

Don't stray as far these days...........most of my riding is in the S.E corner of PA. Plenty of Horse, Cattle,sheep,goat Farms along with beautiful
Homes and landscapes. River roads parallel R.R. and generally nice paved, lightly traveled roads help to make for a pleasant ride. I call it scooter
therapy......try to get a dose or two every day. Occasionally conduct business with the scoots, of course.........bread and milk etc. after the "ride".
Flirt with the idea of longer trips but an hour "fix" seems to be the right dose for me now. Back 30 years ago we towed an RV trailer with a Yamaha
XV 920 across the country hitting many of the National Parks etc. Quite a bit of Canada too. Lake Louise.... a stand out! Thankful to have had that
experience. I know.........cheating but........it was a lot of fun.
StillThumps
Regular User
Regular User

Post by StillThumps »

Thanks mymitzi..Great ride images! I’d love to ride or tour in the West or Canada. +1 on rural rides as good Scooter Therapy😉
mymitzi
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013
Color: black

Post by mymitzi »

Thanks Still Thumps...remember riding [car] in S.E. part of Ohio many years ago and thinking why haven't we heard about this. Not to be missed if near.
Hope you get the opportunity to do the west coast ride. Have thought about "fly& rent " ........That's as far as I got! Not a fan of flying.....even
less so now! More than likely, just content myself with the current program. : ) Happy trails......