Frame Grounding / Signal Light Issue

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

Benny
Year: 2014
Color: Red

Frame Grounding / Signal Light Issue

Post by Benny »

Can anybody please tell me where the earth wires ground to the frame on a 2013 pcx? Haven't found any info online.

Also, my front right signal light isn't working, however when I press the side of the bulb on the frame, it starts to work. I assume this is simply a faulty earth on the socket. I would have thought if it's the circuit the left side signal would stop working too. Any ideas?
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Re: Frame Grounding / Signal Light Issue

Post by Mel46 »

I have a 2013 PCX and know the wiring quite well. Much of the wiring bundle begins and ends down the right side of the bike, with the front being connected through the ground in the rear. If the bulb itself works in the other positions then the socket may have a bad connection. You will need to get access to the back of that socket so that you can trace the wires. It may have been pinched or broken where it bends around in the front in order to follow the frame. Once you can access the connector put the bulb in, turn on the signal, and them move each of the two wires separately. IF...big IF...the ground wire is your only problem, you can ground it anywhere on the frame. It is a common ground, and as long as the ground is not painted it should be fine. The current will seek the closest ground. However, you will need to find out where the broken connection is because whatever caused that wire to break could cause the other wire to eventually short out, and THAT will drain your battery quickly.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers