Top box mount

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

Curtpcx125
Year: 2021
Color: Mat black

Top box mount

Post by Curtpcx125 »

Hi guys!

I’ve just bought a new Honda pcx 2021 model, I’m going to use it for deliveroo but need a top box mount, so my question is are all the pcx mounts the same fitment? For example if I buy a bracket for a 2018 model will it fit on to my 2021 model I’ll put the link below of the one I’m thinking of buying

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B08H86 ... AKBW&psc=1

Thanks.
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax
Color: White

Re: Top box mount

Post by Jge64 »

Call the guys at revzilla.com. They will know. I’m going to guess though , that since the 2021 is an all new model with an extensive redesign, that earlier stuff won’t fit.
Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI
Curtpcx125

Post by Curtpcx125 »

Hi, thanks for the info! I believe revzilla is America as I called and it wouldn’t connect me (I’m in the UK) do you know where I could find a 2021 model topbox bracket in England e.g websites?

Cheers
StillThumps
Regular User
Regular User

Post by StillThumps »

Curtpcx125, Today I just bought a 2021 PCX here in the U.S. I have the Givi PCX mount that fits previous years and it looks like it will fit m 2021. I’m going to have to make my own template to drill the 4 holes in the little plastic top plate, but the Givi mount holes do line up perfectly. Hope to finish it tomorrow.
Curtpcx125

Post by Curtpcx125 »

The new pcx doesn’t need hole drilling, just remove the back plastic and unscrew the plate, the 4 holes will already be there
StillThumps
Regular User
Regular User

Post by StillThumps »

Curtpcx125, You’re right about the 4 permanent threaded mounting holes already installed on all PCX’s under the small plate.
For a Givi topbox, there are a left and right metal topbox mount, each with 2 long extended legs that need to mount thru the small plate that has been drilled to allow that. Different years of PCX’s have slightly different shaped plastic plates that need to be drilled so Givi provides the paper templates depending on the year of your scoot.

I guess the small plastic plate could be completely left off…then nothing would need to be drilled, but that would really look unfinished and leave things exposed.