Honda Forza Overheat Issues

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

ForzaDave
Year: 2017
Color: White + Blue

Honda Forza Overheat Issues

Post by ForzaDave »

Hey everyone, been lurking a while and thought I'd sign up and make a post. Relatively new owner of a 2017 Forza 125 and so far had tons of problems with it.

When I first got it had really bad performance and figured the drive belt needed doing but I also decided to go for the malossi transmission stuff so ordered the parts luckily. While waiting for the parts, I took a trip to buy a tool and the variator nut came off, luckily within a distance I could push it back! The last work on it was done by Maidstone Honda! Supposedly a "major service and in January!

Once I opened up the casing and found rollers and variator destroyed, no pads left on the clutch and subsequently the bell housing was also ruined by this and the boss for the variator was stuck on hard. I had to use a gear puller and blowtorch to get it off the crankshaft.

Then some time after going along great with new transmission parts I'm driving home and notice I'm overheating so I managed to get back slowly (and now overheated a couple of time so hopefully no damage).

Found the radiator to be absolutely corroded and leaking and it lost pressure on me and blew out most of the coolant.

Now got a new radiator put on but it's getting hot at the top and not heating at the bottom so now I'm under the impression the water pump is broken so now will have to order one of those too. Just hoping that this is going to get the issue fixed and no damage caused to the head on overheating. What a nightmare!

Also overheated testing it out which sucks but going slow I seemed to be getting cooled but picking up the speed causes it to overheat, really didn't seem to bleed properly either so really hoping it's the water pump.

Saw someone mentioned about foam in the drive case and it also had a big piece that would have made direct contact with the radiator which also happened to be the worst corroded part. Who had the idea to put that in.

Anyone got any experiences with any problems like this or any other problems you've had with one?

Not really finding too many places to talk about the Forza at all! Seems like possibly a bit of a rare bike.
ForzaDave
Year: 2017
Color: White + Blue

Re: Honda Forza Overheat Issues

Post by ForzaDave »

Is there really so few forzas in the UK?

After my radiator replacement found heat not to be circulating well so I have also put on a new water pump but still having overheat problems. Seems that I can go to about 7000rpm with no issues but as soon as I pick it up a bit more after a few minutes I overheat.

Cool down and drive back on low rpm then no overheat.
Although I haven't tested it beyond that as really don't want to cause anymore damage than may have already been done. I'm going to replace the thermostat but beyond that I really don't know.
Scootyman
Year: 2015
Color: Black

Re: Honda Forza Overheat Issues

Post by Scootyman »

Hi Dave,
I don’t suppose you still have air in the cooling system after refilling? I experienced a similar problem with a larger motorcycle, a CBF1000 which needed a bit of jinxing around to get all of the air out of the system. Just a thought and best regards