KVB Clutch Upgrade on 2019 150

Drivetrain upgrades, engine upgrades, or any other mods to gain speed or acceleration.

Moderator: Modsquad

Kennylxix
Year: 2019
Color: Bronze?

KVB Clutch Upgrade on 2019 150

Post by Kennylxix »

I did the kvb clutch upgrade. Made a huge difference. The stock clutch was shuddery and just didn't feel good. The kvb clutch shoes have a nice firm smooth engagement. Definitely a worthwhile upgrade for the price. If anybody's interested the stock shoes are 8.6 Oz each and the kvb ones are 7.8 Oz each. The clutch material appears to be very similar but not identical.
Conelite
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2017
Color: Blue

Re: KVB Clutch Upgrade on 2019 150

Post by Conelite »

Any part numbers?
2017 PCX 150
Wirus Win Exhaust
Steady Garage Intake
Z-Bars
NCY Variator
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Re: KVB Clutch Upgrade on 2019 150

Post by iceman »

Using other pads also does the same trick, although I still have not installed them as the originals still work well - any shudder and I just give it more throttle from off for a while and problem gone. It's usually due to going to gentle on the throttle for too long. I've never used full throtte starts, just learnt to not be too gentle.

Someone posted a fix on this forum long ago, suggesting to use 110 pads instead on the PCX - 22535-KVB-900. Not sure if these will work on the newer models, but all too often Honda change part numbers and charge more for the exact same part.