Has the Forza died?

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2014
Color: Silver

Has the Forza died?

Post by davenowherejones »

Very quiet around here lately.

Has the Forza all died? Have the riders all died of COVID?

We are in some sort of lockdown but we are still allowed to get groceries.

I took my usual long way round to get groceries yesterday.

I had one eye looking for the RCMP and the other on my tach. I am not liking the 60 series Shinko rear tire. Too easy to hit Redline.

I might need some more groceries today.

153,000 km (95,000 miles) on my 2014 Honda Forza 300 with another oil change soon.

I need to order some more rear brake pads and a front tire. No money.
mymitzi
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013
Color: black

Re: Has the Forza died?

Post by mymitzi »

Might be a good sign.......no problems here! Still enjoying mine.....no issues [if you don't count replacing tires] : ) Trying to catch you Dave.......
but you're a moving target. Suppose you'll have a Hundred thousand before long. 26,ooo mi on mine. New front tire past week, brakes OK.
canthai
Regular User
Regular User

Post by canthai »

Ride mine every day. Damn hot in the afternoons tho'
Rain in the evenings so keeping things cool for the morning, and getting greener by the day.
Pirelli tires excellent - good grip, long life.
Rear brake no issues - front either.
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

I ordered a new front tire this morning. I think my forks are not in the best condition. I get strange wear patterns on my fronts.

The K66 looks like a mini knobby from wear.

A lot of tires are currently out of stock at Fortnine in Montreal.

I ordered a Shinko SR567 120/70-14 because almost every other front was out of stock or really expensive.
producerguy

Post by producerguy »

Doesn't seem to be nearly as active as other forums, but there's tons of real-world info here, which I'm looking forward to using as soon as I get mine this month!
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Getting a 300 or a 350?
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: blk

Post by easyrider »

Still riding mostly everyday. Weather getting hot , but Forza is running great and great to ride.
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

I rode to Princeton today, 137 km each way. I am getting old, 62 almost. I don't have the muscles I need. Too many injuries.

The weather was excellent. The road needs lots of repairs. I hit one pothole too hard and hoped I did not have to wait for a friend to get me. I rode another 5 minutes and there was a black bear at the side of the road. I went carefully around all of the rest of the pot holes.
Stevestonian
Color: Red

Post by Stevestonian »

My # of riding days has gone way down. Haven't commuted to work in over a year.

Still getting out on pleasure rides into the Fraser Valley.

Haven't been as far east as davenowherejones in quite a while.
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

My Forza died yesterday. I went down to Chilliwack to look around Walmart & Home Depot.

It was a nice day and things were going well. I decided to go to Yale for ice cream. I stopped just before Hope to look at an old railway tunnel.

I got to Haig Station and the scooter made a whirring noise. I coasted to a stop.

The engine was still running but I was not going forward. I highly suspect a broken belt.

I was about 8 km from home and I called my neighbour who is a retired mechanic. He came and got me. We had to clear a ton of stuff out of his small box trailer.

We built a sketchy ramp and loaded the Forza. He was told by his wife to pick up a pizza on the way home.

We got the trailer to my house but his wife insisted we have the pizza before we unloaded the Forza. The pizza was good.

I put away my Forza. We re-loaded the ton of junk into the trailer. I went to bed.

This morning my neighbour took me to Chilliwack for an eye examination. We stopped at Princess Auto and a wrecking yard on the way home.

I need to cut a few lawns and then put an old belt back into the Forza. I have a new belt on the way from China. I should find a better source of belts.

I also have rear brake pads coming from China and a Shinko front tire coming from Montreal.

I need to get my Forza running for my psychiatric interview on Wednesday. I will probably fail the exam. You have to be a nut case to ride a Forza.
mymitzi
Regular User
Regular User
Color: black

Post by mymitzi »

Bikerzbits has them [original equipment] for 62.00 us and the shipping added about 20.00 us.
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

My 2014 Forza 300 needs about $1200 worth of parts and labour. I don't think a 160,000 km scooter is worth spending the money on.

I need about $3000 worth of parts for my body. At 62 I am not sure if it is worth the money.

Also I have no money. Heading out for my psychiatric interview next. I put an old belt back on the Forza to get there. Raining.
ghmpm
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: red

Post by ghmpm »

Here in the US most of the lockdowns have long since ended, I never did any myself anyhow. Been riding most of the time, just not as many places open. Anyway, My Forza stays winterized for 6 months or more while I am in Arizona with my Silver Wing. Now my Forza is on the road and I put a 150 mile ride on it Saturday!! Fun ride but on the way back hit some VICIOUS wind. Moved me all over but made it home safe.
Glenn

2012 Honda Silver Wing

2015 Honda Forza 300
RichyP
Regular User
Regular User
Color: White

Post by RichyP »

I am in the UK and have been riding throughout lockdown; not I must be clear here - the farthest I have gone is about 10miles.

1) Taking the missus to work
2) dropping off food for grandparents
3) buying food from the supermarket (dont own a car)

I actually got pulled over by the police last May whilst taking the missus to work, I was riding the Ninja 650 at the time. The copper didnt know what the hell he was talking about. Told me that I didnt have L Plates on - and if I was taking Pillions - I should have L Plates on!!! which is actually incorrect and on L Plates in the UK its actually illegal to take a pillion. The copper clearly realised he was wrong and made a quick exit mumbling something to himself as he walked back to his car; it was he strangest thing and the first time I have ever been pulled over in 10yrs of riding.

I will be honest though, the roads were lovely and quiet and it was tempting to go "out out" - but I did my bit and stuck to the same boring routes for the duration of lockdown.

In terms of how quiet it is around here; it maybe that people are too busy getting some riding in now that some of us in the world are allowed to go where we want

:)
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

I had the RCMP follow me for a bit the other day. They turned on the red & blue flashing lights. I pulled over. The police car did a u-turn and went away.

Our geographically challenged Chief Medical officer has set up lock down areas based on Health Authority boundaries.

My Health boundary is about 100 miles by 50 miles wide. But she has decided we will be in the next area. The Interior & North health area is 300 miles by 800 miles. I can be fined $575 for being in the wrong area or too far from home. No one has defined too far. Interior is about 3 times the area of the UK, probably more.
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

My Shinko SR567 Front Scooter Tire 120/70-14 arrived the other day. I put it on the Forza yesterday.

I had a hard time getting the Heidenau front tire off but my Motion Pro BeadPro FS (Forged Steel) 16 inchers got it done eventually. https://fortnine.ca/en/motion-pro-beadp ... el-08-0536

I put the Shinko on and then realized it was backwards. I am dyslexic and make frequent mistakes. Turned it around.

The Shinko did not want to seat the rim but eventually it stopped leaking air. I scratched the wheel a lot but at 154,444 km I just don't care any more.

I need to check the tire today when I mow the lawn.

I like new tires, they are round and so soft riding.

I did a quick test ride in the rain around the airport. We had 4 Super Puma helicopters stop the night before when we had 80 km winds and snow.

I continued up to Yale to look at the very full muddy Fraser River.

I had no problems with the Shinko. Just another tire. I wonder how long it will last.

I have medical problems. I wonder how long I will last.
Air Hadoken
Color: Red

Post by Air Hadoken »

In November I took mine in for end of season maintenance, and got the tires replaced.

I put the tall windscreen on earlier this year (no mounting kit so it's held in place with silicone gaskets I bummed from a brewery), and I don't think I have the front plate seated correctly despite trying a dozen times to get both clips in place.

My new front tire has a slow leak and I don't know whether it's from the tire itself or the installation. Tried doing the dish soap method to look for leaks but didn't find it. So for now I have to inflate it about once a week.

My battery is also shot, and doesn't hold enough charge to kick over the engine if I leave it for a couple days. I've been starting it with a jump battery that's small enough to fix in the glove box, but it's time to replace and I'll take suggestions on which replacement to buy if anyone has them.

Otherwise it's still serving me very well! I've mostly only used it for fun runs and going to said brewery for weekly kombucha, but now that I have been fully vaccinated it's time to do more grocery runs.
big bear
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2016
Color: silver

Post by big bear »

if honda still sold forzas here im sure the forza section would be more active i have an x max 300 but if honda had sold the new forza here i might of bought a forza instead but i dident have that option
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

The Forza has not been sold in Canada for many years also. Very few Forza were ever sold in Canada, it was very expensive when it was new.

Although it would not surprise me if some dealer still has a brand new 2014 hidden and forgotten in the back of his warehouse.

I had a flat front tire today. I probably did not clean the rim enough when I put the Shinko on recently.

I took the wheel off and dismounted the tire. I took a Dremel with a wire wheel to the rim before re-mounting the tire.

Hopefully I have air tomorrow.
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

156,226 km on the 2014 Forza 300 today.

I rode north today but stopped before I hit the COVID police road block in Boston Bar.