This waiting game is driving me insane!

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

MrNixdorf
Year: 2021
Color: Black

This waiting game is driving me insane!

Post by MrNixdorf »

Hi all, the name is Matt.
Living in England, aged 50, and the last time I rode a bike was back in 1988 on my old CG125.

I am almost rentering into the bike/scooter owner world by preordering a 2021 PCX 125. I love the look and feel of this little gem, used one (2016 version) on the CBT training we need in UK and loved every minute of it, was very sad the 'on road' training segment only lasted 2 hours :cry:
So I ordered the PCX back in January, but sadly it has still not arrived. Thus I am finding myself slowly going insane with the constant checking my phone/email every hour to see if it has finally been delivered. It was expected back in February but due to brexit/suez canal/who knows whar reasons it is still not here.

Is there anyone else waiting on the 2021 version to be shipped/delivered?

Thanks for reading - Matt
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Re: This waiting game is driving me insane!

Post by WhiteNoise »

Welcome Matt! What a great choice you're making and it'll be Well Worth the wait! So hang in there. If it makes you feel any better, (it won't (heehee), last I heard the 2021 PCX 160 won't be arriving in the U.S. till May. Now just a few weeks away.

I believe there are members waiting just like you. Let's see if they chime in.
You keep us posted, (please) we'd love to see a few photos as well. Love dem pics!
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
StillThumps
Regular User
Regular User
Color: White

Post by StillThumps »

Hi Matt, I feel your waiting pain! I’m waiting on a 2021 PCX as well. My dealer hopes their 2 will arrive the first week in May.
I have good memories of living 3 years in England while serving on an RAF NATO base in Suffolk. I used to ride an ancient BSA 250 to work that regularly shed parts😄. Hang in there mate.. they’re coming! Now I’m needing some real fish ‘n chips!
ZinogreHelm

Post by ZinogreHelm »

Hey Matt. I just got my PCX today, and I've been wanting it for MONTHS now. I decided to wait until the 2021 model was released here (Seoul, South Korea), then even after it came out I waited a few more months until I knew I'd have time to ride daily and practice (it's my first scooter). The wait killed me for weeks and weeks, just watching review videos nonstop in Korean since no one else really was posting vids online. After riding around today, it was totally worth it. Hang on just a little longer. You'll get it.
--ZH
Nickypoo

Post by Nickypoo »

I'm in the same boat! I also ordered the 2021 model, which will be my first ever moped! Right now the ship date is set for May 8th.. just a few weeks away so we are getting so close!
FrogmanDave
Year: 2020
Color: Candy Red

Post by FrogmanDave »

Nickypoo wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:34 am I'm in the same boat! I also ordered the 2021 model, which will be my first ever moped! Right now the ship date is set for May 8th.. just a few weeks away so we are getting so close!
No moped there. It is a scooter. Big difference to many people.
2020 PCX 150 Candy Luster Red
MrNixdorf

Post by MrNixdorf »

Thank you all for the replies.

Just had the good new that the Scoot has arrived today at the Dealer so I only have a week to wait now while paperwork etc is sorted. Super chuffed!

I will reply to your kind posts If I may :

@WhiteNoise : Thank you for the warm welcome! I too believe I have made the right choice going for the Honda. I have had a few people ask why I didn't opt for an NMax or other scooters that are available, but after testing a few out the PCX just felt 'right'.

@StillThumps : Since its Friday I am just about to tuck into some Fish n Chips :) Sounds like you were stationed at Lakenheath? My sister and brother-in-law were there for about 3 years before moving on to Dakota (USAF)

@ZinogreHelm : I have no idea how you waited extra time after they were available in your country? I am sure my dealer has been sick of me calling up every week trying to squeeze more information out of him!

@Nickypoo : I hope yours arrives soon too!

@FrogmanDave : Indeed! I remember riding an old Puch Maxi moped to get to my first Job after leaving School. I think I could have walked faster :)
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

:P Yeh!! Let the Countdown begin! 8)
--> Don't forget to post a photo or two!

Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
ezrider
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ezrider »

Great, mrnixdorf! In the US, I called the dealer at the one-month wait stage and learned, after he consulted his Honda person, that it may be another month before I see my new PCX. Still no tracking number |wink|... Between you and I, I've resumed shopping and may not be able/willing to wait. Then again, I had already shopped a lot and decided to wait. Enjoy your new PCX!
MrNixdorf

Post by MrNixdorf »

@ezrider Hang in there if you can! I too was informed after 2 months It could take upto another 1-2 months. Luckily I got a call 2 weeks later.

She is home now, and apart from the dealer haphazardly slapping the L plate on the front screen I am very happy!
Smooth ride, love the balance and I am taking it very easy with the running-in stage.

Will post pics when the sun next pays a visit to the UK, was rather overcast today :?
MrNixdorf

Post by MrNixdorf »

I hope double-posting is not frowned upon, but the sun just appeared, so I snapped a quick shot of Bella

StillThumps
Regular User
Regular User

Post by StillThumps »

Congratulations Matt!…the new PCX looks sleek and is tailor made for those narrow Brit country roads. Would really appreciate hearing your first impressions after riding it around. I’m still waiting on the PCX 160 to arrive…dealer said maybe end of May now.
Cheers mate
ZinogreHelm

Post by ZinogreHelm »

Nice, man. It looks really good! How're you liking riding it?
--ZH
StillThumps
Regular User
Regular User

Post by StillThumps »

Annyeong ZH, Congratulations on your new PCX as well! I was wondering if you have the 125 or 160 and what are your first impressions after riding your new scoot? Cheers, StillThumps
ZinogreHelm

Post by ZinogreHelm »

It's been great. Feels like I have a lot more freedom in the city now. Seoul has great public transportation and you can go literally anywhere by train or bus, but it's nice to be in control and to be able to go places faster, on my pace, instead of reading bus timetables before leaving my house. I got a 125 and generally have never really felt like I needed anything bigger. It's illegal to drive two-wheeled vehicles on the expressway here and most roads have a speed limit of 50kmh, up to about 80. Furthest I've driven is about an hour away, but I can imagine if you were driving far daily why someone might want something bigger and faster. I drive with a passenger half the time, and she's been really comfortable too.

Kinda feels like a life changer so far.
--ZH
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

MrNixdorf,

I am a little confused by your picture. In the UK, don't you ride/drive on the left? So who is in the right in that picture? It looks like that car that is heading toward you is on the wrong side.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Mel46 wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 10:26 am MrNixdorf,

I am a little confused by your picture. In the UK, don't you ride/drive on the left? So who is in the right in that picture? It looks like that car that is heading toward you is on the wrong side.
You are allowed to drive on the right if you are from abroad.

Its parked. :lol:
Limey
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 16 Forza/16 PCX
Color: Red/Maroon

Post by Limey »

Mel46 wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 10:26 am MrNixdorf,

It's parked.
ezrider
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ezrider »

Staying sane, but I am wavering indeed, inspired by the improving weather. I have called on 3 used-bike ads in the past week or so: a VanVan 200, a Versys X-300, and a Vespa 250ie. Alas, each had (just) been sold: bad luck, perhaps, or fate to wait. Still reliant on still-rare videos of even Asian white "160".
StillThumps
Regular User
Regular User

Post by StillThumps »

Ezrider,

Same boat as you mate. My Honda dealer’s projected delivery date for the 2 new 2021 PCXs has once again come..and gone. Still riding my present scoot, but the PCX’s arrival will soon see it parked in someone else’s garage.
That Versys X-300 you mentioned looks impressive, has available ABS, 5.7 gal. gas tank, slipper clutch…but that seat makes me hurt just looking at it! Cheers