New Tires

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

cheferman65
Year: 2019
Color: silver

New Tires

Post by cheferman65 »

Greetings and good evening fromm sunny SW Florida,

What's the deal with finding replacement tires for the 2019? Is the 100/80-14 F, 120/70-14 R combo a Honda OEM thing?

It seems like there are two brands that offer that size, if you can find them in stock.

Any leads on places to purchase? My local dealer thinks I crap money and wants $200 + for a set and mounting... :roll:
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Re: New Tires

Post by iceman »

Easily available in the UK i.e MCG £47 + about £4 delivery for the front. It may be harder to locate locally in the US as scooters are not such a big thing. Have you searched google or just tried local outlets?
big bear
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2016

Post by big bear »

most bike shops charge 70 or 80 bucks an hour labor unless you can find a tire shop that will order you a set or know someone that can mount tires then you can save money.
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

There are several youtube videos showing how easy it is to remove and fit a scooter tyre yourself - fairly easy to break the bead and get the tyre off and quite easy to reseat. Just need soem rim protectors and iron bars - worth the investment over time - if your brave enough :)
cheferman65
Year: 2019

Post by cheferman65 »

Tnx for the replies, searched and will continue to. It's not the changing, its the locating to purchase.
raito
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: matte silver

Post by raito »

The easiest way to search is online. I got almost all of mine online at very good prices. What I found offline were rather old stocks and yet more expensive. I bought a few of them just to help them clear out and save the environment from wastage.
ImageImageImage