Should have left the stock windscreen on

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

vito
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2019
Color: silver

Should have left the stock windscreen on

Post by vito »

I really love my 2019 PCX150 and use it for errands and short rides into the country. Its not my primary two wheel ride, which is a Honda Goldwing, and the only thing I do not care for on the PCX was the wind buffeting when riding at 50 mph or more (which is most of the time for me). So I bought a National Cycle windscreen which is much, much larger than the mini stock screen but I found it really did not make as much difference as I thought it would. Over this past winter I ordered and installed a small additional screen that attaches at the top of the main windscreen, having read that this deflector would make a significant difference. I recently had a chance to take a ride this Spring and could detect little if any difference that this deflector made in the amount of wind hitting my helmet or my chest. I'm coming to the conclusion that I might be better off just going back to the tiny stock screen and accept the reality that a full face helmet with the visor down is what I have to do when riding at 55 or 65 mph on this scooter.
U.S. Army retired
Former MSF Instructor
Fully retired!
2019 Honda PCX150
2021 Can Am Spyder RT
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Re: Should have left the stock windscreen on

Post by Mel46 »

Maybe you have gotten use to the luxury of the Goldwing. The seat is lower and the windshield is higher and wider than on little PCX. Still, before you give up completely on a windshield for the PCX, try to locate someone with a scooter (any kind) that had a GIVI windshield and ask to ride it. The Givi windshield is wider than the National. I am not sure about its height vs the National, but I do know that I am quite comfortable behind mine, and IF I needed more protection from the wind it would only be at the top of it where the wind hits the top of my helmet. One of those devices you put on the top of yours would work well, I am sure.
Still, I solved that on mine by putting an automobile door edge guard strip on the top edge of the windshield to break up the windflow as it bleeds over the top. I also have a custom seat that allows me to lean back just a little on a gel cushion. It will NEVER beat the Goldwing seat, but the difference between the Goldwing and PCX prices say a lot about what to expect. It is a little scooter that is happy to run all day at 55 mph...and still give you 100 mpg. Thoe two things are the big selling points for the PCX.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
riding@100mpg
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013
Color: red

Post by riding@100mpg »

I to had the givi tall windshield and loved it. I could ride with the face shield up all day without any problems. I thought it made a huge difference
vito
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2019
Color: silver

Post by vito »

I guess I bought the wrong one.
U.S. Army retired
Former MSF Instructor
Fully retired!
2019 Honda PCX150