Flasher bleeper

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

Bricorn
Year: 2021
Color: black

Flasher bleeper

Post by Bricorn »

Mine is the 350, but that probably doesn't matter.

I used to have a car that could bleep along with the turn indicators, it just needed to be activated by someone with the right software. Is that an option on the Forza?

It isn't in the user manual, so it likely can't be done by an owner, if it can be done at all.

If it can't be, I'm going to buy an aftermarket kit to do this. I keep leaving the indicators on and, as I'm the first person to swear at others who do that, I really hate doing it. 🤐

On that subject, where is the relay physically located, please?

Thanks
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Re: Flasher bleeper

Post by Mel46 »

I have a PCX so I am not sure about your bike, but as far as I know every vehicle uses a single device for the blinker. It is a blinker relay. There are quite a few aftermarket relays that allow you to hear the turn signal as well as seeing the indicator bink. You only need to locate the blinker relay and replace it with one that beeps. My turn signal relay is under the dash cover and took me a few minutes to remove the windshield and dash cover, but then it was plug and play. I switched mine quickly and easily. Some have 2 wires. Some have 3. Either way, they come with quick pull connectors so they can be replaced quickly and easily.
Check with the dealer to see what kind yours is. The parts personnel should be able to help you.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
Bricorn

Post by Bricorn »

Mel46 wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:56 am I have a PCX so I am not sure about your bike, but as far as I know every vehicle uses a single device for the blinker. It is a blinker relay. There are quite a few aftermarket relays that allow you to hear the turn signal as well as seeing the indicator bink. You only need to locate the blinker relay and replace it with one that beeps. My turn signal relay is under the dash cover and took me a few minutes to remove the windshield and dash cover, but then it was plug and play. I switched mine quickly and easily. Some have 2 wires. Some have 3. Either way, they come with quick pull connectors so they can be replaced quickly and easily.
Check with the dealer to see what kind yours is. The parts personnel should be able to help you.
Thanks, trouble is that they don't speak English, so it isn't as simple as that here.
Austins
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2016 Forza 300
Color: White

Post by Austins »

When I had smaller 125cc scooters, mine or rented, it was always the problem, not to notice the indicators are left ON after the turn. But with my old model Forza 2016 I never have this issue, because the dash is way forward in front of me, and big bright blinking lights, I can't miss it - it was one of the big differences I noticed quickly.

Perhaps give it a few days/weeks and see how it goes. I also heard of auro-cancelling blinkers for bikes, but I think they just have a timer, not sure how reliable they are, could timeout before the turn...!!!
Bricorn

Post by Bricorn »

Austins wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:56 pm When I had smaller 125cc scooters, mine or rented, it was always the problem, not to notice the indicators are left ON after the turn. But with my old model Forza 2016 I never have this issue, because the dash is way forward in front of me, and big bright blinking lights, I can't miss it - it was one of the big differences I noticed quickly.

Perhaps give it a few days/weeks and see how it goes. I also heard of auro-cancelling blinkers for bikes, but I think they just have a timer, not sure how reliable they are, could timeout before the turn...!!!
Thanks, I always noticed on my PCX, but I sit higher on the Forza and it's out of my eyeline unless I look down.

It looks like a simple job to replace, if I knew where it is!
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

See if you can purchase a service manual for your bike. It will show you exactly where it is located. My bet is that the previous version of Forza has it in the same place, so maybe one of the members here who has a Forza can tell you where the blinker relay is.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Old Scoot
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Old Scoot »

Mel46 wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:12 pm See if you can purchase a service manual for your bike......
That would be a no-go
You can't even find one for a 2018 -2020 Forza 300 let alone for a Forza 350 :(
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

I tried to search the Forza parts pages I came across on the web but it looks like the latest I can find is for the 2016 model. From it I gather that the relays are all together on a relay holder, and that it uses a 2 pin turn signal relay, which is held into place by a clip on the relay. I am still betting that the relay holder is under the dash cover. Looking at a picture of the relay itself, you may find that an aftermarket one will fit in the slot, and there are quite a few aftermarket turn signal relays sold that make noise. (If you fear that the aftermarket one would fall out, there are always zip ties, and they work quite well. :P )

As I said previously, I changed my PCX over to an aftermarket one that beeps, and I do hear it. It sounds like a small truck in reverse from a distance (because the sound is a little muffled by the plastic, since it is up front under the dash cover). There is no way that I will get so use to it that I will ignore it though.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Bricorn

Post by Bricorn »

Mel46 wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:16 am I tried to search the Forza parts pages I came across on the web but it looks like the latest I can find is for the 2016 model. From it I gather that the relays are all together on a relay holder, and that it uses a 2 pin turn signal relay, which is held into place by a clip on the relay. I am still betting that the relay holder is under the dash cover. Looking at a picture of the relay itself, you may find that an aftermarket one will fit in the slot, and there are quite a few aftermarket turn signal relays sold that make noise. (If you fear that the aftermarket one would fall out, there are always zip ties, and they work quite well. :P )

As I said previously, I changed my PCX over to an aftermarket one that beeps, and I do hear it. It sounds like a small truck in reverse from a distance (because the sound is a little muffled by the plastic, since it is up front under the dash cover). There is no way that I will get so use to it that I will ignore it though.
Thanks, it does seem to be under the cover. I'm a bit nervous about removing that though, there's lots of clips to remove and, me not being certain how to remove them without breaking them, they make me nervous. What's wrong with screws? :roll:
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2014
Color: Silver

Post by davenowherejones »

I broke several of my clips looking at my relays. Silicone glue is what I used to glue the panels back on. Ugly but it works, sort of.

In other places I have used sheet metal roofing screws with rubber grommets. Ugly but it works.

The sun was shining so I took a psychiatric health day and rode up to Boston Bar. 148,927 km on the clock now.

I bought 3 months of insurance on the scooter. The bare minimum legal amount was $109 Canadian dollars. Almost no coverage.

I made my standard joke that the 1 gram sticker was more expensive than cocaine. I have no idea how much the 2 square inch sticker weighs. I also have no experience on the cost of cocaine. It makes an interesting joke though.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

Bricorn,

I am betting that there are mechanics there that can take the dash cover off for you, and probably could find an aftermarket one that beeps to replace the factory relay. They won't guarantee the aftermarket one, but I am pretty sure money talks, and if you are willing to pay them to do it I sure they are glad to take your money.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150