Vaccine mission

Anything and everything not related to anything else on this site.

Moderator: Modsquad

halluinoid
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2018
Color: blue

Vaccine mission

Post by halluinoid »

I have got my Vaccine today

as soon as it was daylight I got my Forza 300 out onto my driveway, it hadnt been touched since December 2020

in addition it got blown over during a winter storm and spent a day lieing on its side, when I found the scooter on its side and got it back up , couldnt find any damage to my surprise :P

anyway, all that and no driving for 3 months, I expected a flat battery this morning.

WELL to my amazement, :D the Forza started on the touch of the button and off I went on a dry run to the Clinic, NO WORRIES!! Forza is fantastic, have you been down to get your Vaccine yet? how did it go?
Attachments
this is my Forza!!   SUPERB 300
this is my Forza!! SUPERB 300
HondaForzaDetails.JPG (104.79 KiB) Viewed 5478 times
2018 Honda Forza 300cc
Old Scoot
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Vaccine mission

Post by Old Scoot »

Getting mine tomorrow afternoon.
big bear
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2016
Color: silver

Post by big bear »

i was told theres a 4 month wait for mine in pennsylvania even though im 66 am a fronline worker and have chronic kidney disese due to a bad prostate that i had removed
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax
Color: White

Post by Jge64 »

We’re having good luck down in Florida, our state government has specifically targeted people over 65, and virtually everybody I know has had at least their first shot. My first Pfizer shot was two weeks ago, I go back again next week for the second. No side effects whatsoever so far. Today, according to the Israelis, I’m @ 92% efficacy. Most of our vaccination centers down here are being manned by the national guard, extremely efficient.
Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI
Conelite
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2017
Color: Blue

Post by Conelite »

Being one of the younger members on this page, I wanted to get your guys opinion on this.

If you are Pro-Vaccine for Covid and you are vaccinated. What is your stance on people that refuse to be vaccinated?
2017 PCX 150
Wirus Win Exhaust
Steady Garage Intake
Z-Bars
NCY Variator
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Jge64 »

Personally I think it’s foolish and selfish, even if you’re “younger”, do you really want to your conscience that you somehow transmitted it to an older person and they had problems?
Glen
Conelite
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Conelite »

Jge64 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:37 pm Personally I think it’s foolish and selfish, even if you’re “younger”, do you really want to your conscience that you somehow transmitted it to an older person and they had problems?
I think you missed my point. What Im trying to say is, if you are vaccinated (given if you have underlying conditions and run a higher risk of hospitalization or death), are you ok for people to opt out or would people like you only be content if EVERYONE is vaccinated, 100% of the population.

I personally think anyone with underlying issues and/or 65+ should be vaccinated. If you are vaccinated, you wouldn't have to worry about those that are not right? That's how vaccines work if I'm not mistaken?
2017 PCX 150
Wirus Win Exhaust
Steady Garage Intake
Z-Bars
NCY Variator
HondaC110
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2019
Color: Bronze

Post by HondaC110 »

Been vaccinated. As far as I'm concerned everyone has a social responsibility to get the shot. Among other things, this is a highly mutagenic virus. The less of it there is out there, the less chance of mutant strains.
And of course I owe it to others not to be a vector.

YMMV
halluinoid
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2018
Color: blue

Post by halluinoid »

a 4 month wait for people in pennsylvania is just insane , that is appalling :x Big Bear I feel for you mate

Old Scoot how did yours go? :)
2018 Honda Forza 300cc
Limey
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 16 Forza/16 PCX
Color: Red/Maroon

Post by Limey »

Got our second Moderna shots about 2 weeks ago. Still being careful, wearing masks and social distancing, when we go out!
Conelite
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Conelite »

HondaC110 wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:29 am Been vaccinated. As far as I'm concerned everyone has a social responsibility to get the shot. Among other things, this is a highly mutagenic virus. The less of it there is out there, the less chance of mutant strains.
And of course I owe it to others not to be a vector.

YMMV
I understand your point. As far as I'm concerned everyone has a social responsibility to live a healthy lifestyle to prevent health issues down the road. The biggest issue I have with this virus is zero talk about building up your immune system to fight off this virus naturally. Making people even more dependent on Big Pharma.

The most fearful and cautious people I know, were the first to get it around me. Almost as if fiddling with these sad excuses for masks cause more cross contamination.
Limey wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:58 am Still being careful, wearing masks and social distancing, when we go out!
If you still live in fear, still Social Distant and endless masks and still able to get C0vid, whats the point of getting the vaccine? Hopes of less severe symptoms?
2017 PCX 150
Wirus Win Exhaust
Steady Garage Intake
Z-Bars
NCY Variator
Limey
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Limey »

If you still live in fear, still Social Distant and endless masks and still able to get C0vid, whats the point of getting the vaccine? Hopes of less severe symptoms?
I do not live in fear - you put words in my mouth. I am aware that there is still a 5% - 10% chance that I can still get it. As an imuno-compromised 71 year old I am taking few chances until enough folks have been vaccinated to start providing herd immunity, as getting it could hospitalize me at a minimum. It is a common courtesy until then to remain taking precautions. You don't build up immunity naturally until you have either had the virus and recovered, or have had the shots. I know which I prefer!

I am so sick of hearing conspiracy theories about how there is no real virus, or chances of getting it are slim, and that therefore there is no need to get the shot.

The wearing of masks and social distancing has reduced this year's flu statistics to a very low level. So much so that they are having a hard time identifying new strains in order to create a modified flu shot for next year. If follows that, if the masks are reducing flu instances significantly, they are also reducing Covid 19 instances significantly. That, with the shots, will hopefully get us past this pandemic. As long as the mask reduces flu instances I will continue to wear a mask during flu season.

I do not live in fear of either virus - What I do, is respect the really bad effect that it can have on compromised individuals like myself.
Conelite
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Conelite »

I apologize, didn't mean to put words in anyone's mouth. Thanks for the reply. There is definitely a virus out there that's not the common flu (although flu does kill a lot of people annually including children). I lost an uncle in Mexico to C0vid. Older, obese, poor access to hospital/ventilators.

Good points. Out of the 9 immediate family members that got C-19, my father was the only 1 hospitalized (74, cancer survivor, smoked for 25+ years, Thankfully after 2 weeks of being on oxygen he made a full recovery). The rest suffered mild symptoms and all recovered at home (all under 40). I personally would rather just get the virus instead of the vaccine. Been trying too just to get it over with. But I am respectful to others and would not be irresponsible in going out in public spreading it. Ive gotten tested a number of times bc I was around people that tested positive.

I hope the long term effects of these vaccines are not worse than the virus itself. Just trying to have a rational conversation about it without it becoming politcal, or being canceled for questioning the narrative.
2017 PCX 150
Wirus Win Exhaust
Steady Garage Intake
Z-Bars
NCY Variator
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Everyone has their own opinion about the vaccine, but I feel that part of the privilege of living together as a society is to do whatever they can to help the rest of the society feel as safe as possible. The vaccines were rushed through because they were needed as soon as possible and the death toll was climbing.
What were the other options??
Face masks? Half of the people not only don't believe in them, but they would also fight anyone who asks them to use one.
Social distancing? Those same individuals who won't wear a mask don't belive in social distancing.
Wiping down surfaces people touch? Who is going to follow you around continually with a container of disinfectants and wipe what you touch? Ask those in the first two areas above if they would wipe surfaces after they touch them.

Whether you believe it is your right to do what you want or not, the actions/non-actions of a few will have less of an impact on others who have gotten the vaccines now.

Essentially, rushing through vaccines seemed to be the most viable option. So, now that we have them, we have some real way of slowing the spread of the deadly killer.

I have had both doses of the Pfizer vaccine now, and I feel safer than I did prior to getting them. I not only have underlying health issues (leukemia), but I also have grandchildren. Two very good reasons for getting the vaccine.

Whatever your feelings are about protection of some sort, there are others who may become adversely affected through no fault of their own if you do nothing. Please consider that. You can say that you have a right to live wherever you want to and do what you want to, but if you are a major contributor to the spread of this killer, ask yourself if you have a right to contribute to the death of innocent children. Please be respectful of others and at least do some of the suggested guides to slow this pandemic.

Enough rant.

Spring is right around the corner. Time to dust off the scooters, charge the batteries, and get ready.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
big bear
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by big bear »

much to my suprize the health service emailed me im getting my first dose of the vaccine tommorow morning at 9am
big bear
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by big bear »

eveything went well i was there less than a half hour i get my 2nd shot april 1st
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

Had both modernas. Was very tired the next day after shot #2, but rode scooter in the morning before that hit.
Sore arm riding my scooter again today.

No. Other. Comment.
Fish
big bear
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by big bear »

yes my arm is sore now wasent till a few hours ago
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Jge64 »

Second shot yesterday… Absolutely no symptoms whatsoever this morning, temperature normal, normal night of sleep. I read somewhere that if you have symptoms from your first shot -like a sore arm, it means you might have symptoms on the second shot, I had no symptoms whatsoever after my first shot…
Glen
Limey
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Limey »

Jge64 wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:33 am Second shot yesterday… Absolutely no symptoms whatsoever this morning, temperature normal, normal night of sleep. I read somewhere that if you have symptoms from your first shot -like a sore arm, it means you might have symptoms on the second shot, I had no symptoms whatsoever after my first shot…
Same here.