Vaccine mission

Anything and everything not related to anything else on this site.

Moderator: Modsquad

big bear
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2016
Color: silver

Re: Vaccine mission

Post by big bear »

its getting worse im aching all over feel like im coming down with the virus again but i know its just the vaccine. Well at least i know the vaccine is working ive heard if you had the virus and get the shot your body thinks its the virus again
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I had my 2nd Pfizer vaccine a week ago and still feel fine. Took the bike out to gas station, to fill gas cans for lawnmowers. I modified a milk crate for the tail rack and took 3 gas cans...and the milk crate has brake lights too. Have to be seen, you know. :D
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
hondamatic
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2017 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by hondamatic »

Had my second Moderna last Tuesday. Next day I didn't feel 100% but wasn't sick either. I took my wife to a doctors appointment, she can't take the second shot because of a reaction.... doctors order.
Ride fast and keep it between the fences!
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Had my 1st Pfizer shot this past Sunday @ 2pm. Easy peazy.
An hour later I started feeling tired and by 7pm my upper arm was starting to hurt. I wrapped some ice in a washcloth and held it there for 15 mins., then 15 mins off.
I repeated that 2 more times. It did help some. By midnight my upper arm was more sore, I took an ibuprofen and went to bed.
Slept fine. Next day Monday, my arm still sore. I had mild case of the chills.
By evening things started to turn around.
It's Tuesday now, I feel fine. Just some arm tenderness. Tomorrow I'll be me again.

I truly believe hydrating the day before and the day of the your vaccine Matters! I drank Bottles of water. No alcohol. Very little salt and sugar intake, no fats.

My sister had a very bad experience after her 1st Pfizer shot. 103.4 fever, chills, dizzy, fatigue etc.
She also had Covid last November.
Some say that having had covid that there's a good chance you'll have a bad reaction. Hmm...
Anywho her 2nd shot is this coming Monday. She's nervous! I don't blame her.

My next and last shot is April 12th. Fingers crossed for another gentle ride
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Ganglylamb
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2016 - 125cc
Color: White (NHA16)

Post by Ganglylamb »

My wife got covid 10 days ago - probably got it from work as she has a job she can't do from home, we do not see anyone except people at work...
Been quarantined (both of us) since. From what I've seen it did to her I can't wait to get my vaccine. But probably, due to Europe being slow and cheap a**, it will still take months before we can get any shot whatsoever. I do not even care about some rare effects of blood clotting. She is now better but there were a couple of moments I was really afraid concerning her health - called the Dr. but she assured all was well unless she could no longer breath normally - probably minimizing things as hospitals are still struggling here.

In the meantime I'm still wondering how I did not get it (2 negative tests so far with 10 days apart) as we were still sleeping next to each other - one night (4 days before she tested positive) she started coughing in my face during her sleep - I just turned away... We only started sleeping and living separate when things were going really bad with her - as I was thinking that at least one of us should stay 'ok' just to look after the other.

So another 3 days of quarantine left and fingers crossed she stays ok and I do not get any symptoms but as I said bring on the vaccine - just hope they start soon with the J&J and resume the AZ vaccine. Getting tired of it all - tried 1 year to keep it out of our house and now I've been stuck with it for the past 10 days and no way to escape from it - walls closing in even more and not moving freely in your own house simply sucks!
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax
Color: White

Post by Jge64 »

So here’s my experience in South Florida: I have 4 friends that gotten Moderna, both shots, no reactions whatsoever. I have five friends that have gotten Pfizer shots, both of them, no reactions whatsoever. I have one friend with J&J, he and his wife got reactions after the shot, mostly fatigue, gone in 3 to 4 days. I have one friend that got Moderna and had fatigue and a little bit of chills for two days, now fine. In my experience, the older you are, the less reaction you have to any of the shots, only my friends that are under 60 have had any after effects, if they were over 60, they had no reactions whatsoever.

I know he gets a lot of flack, IMO mostly because he’s probably going to run for president and they want to knock him out early, but I think our governor has done an amazing job down here. Everybody I know has gotten a call in a timely manner, and the vaccination sites went perfect, everybody I know was in and out within 30 minutes, And able to stay in their car and just move through the line. Every site down here is being manned by national guard. Very efficient
Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

2nd Pfizer shot done on 4/12. Prior to, I hydrated a lot. I was nervous.
The first time around was easy peasy - The nurse squeezed my upper arm skin together then centered the needle & quickly injected potion :D

This last round I had a different nurse, She did Not squeeze the surrounding skin together, she just went in for the Gold!!
OUCH! I flinched. She said it was because my muscle twitched, she felt it through the needle. Uh yeah! :x
I was then pointed to the waiting zone. 15 mins of being watched. Then Released after being asked, how do you feel? Ok. Then Have a nice day and Congratulations!

I drove straight home, put a small ice pack on the site - 20 mins on/20 mins off. I repeated that 4 times to keep possible swelling down and to relieve any to-be-pain. I was good. No fever, no chills, no nausea. Just mild soreness in my not so good back. Again, two tylenol extra strength fixed that. Next day a little arm soreness.
Done!

My sister had her 2nd vaccine before I did. Her outcome bad, same as after her 1st shot. She was miserable. Took her a few days to feel normal again.

Sooo...what's the talk about Another Shot? Yearly like the Flu? What?
(Whoops, Battery low, gotta go!) o_O
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You