PCX power delivery problem

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

Burtboywonder
Year: 2013
Color: Black

PCX power delivery problem

Post by Burtboywonder »

I have a 2013 OCX 150 with about 12,000 miles. An idiot (Me), let the cooling system run dry,
and the result was the need for a new crankshaft. I installed the new crank, and that's when
the trouble started. There are a lot of wires, hoses and other stuff connect to the engine which
must be disconnected to get the crankshaft out. Something didn't get back together right. Now
the engine will stumble when cold at low speed, and going up the onramp at the freeway, it will
suddenly die at about 50-55. I need to release the throttle to get it to relight.

Tests have confirmed that the fuel injector isn't providing fuel when it quits. Lots of diaognosis
has not found the problem. I did attach a spark tester, and when the fuel stope, the spark stops
too. Any ideas? Thanks.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Re: PCX power delivery problem

Post by Mel46 »

Hmmm...I am not the whisperer on this forum but it does sound like you have plugged in one of the sensors wrong or loosely. Check to make sure you didn't loosen the connector going to the ECM. Then walk through each and every connector you had to touch, unplug, or move. Hopefully you didn't bend a pin when reconnecting the plugs. It happens. If you have a service manual you may need to read through chapters 4 and 7.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
Conelite
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2017
Color: Blue

Post by Conelite »

There is a reason mechanics charge more when you have worked on the vehicle first..... lol

Your best guess is much better than anyone elses when you have put this level of disassembly into the bike. I would recommend going over every single step you did when taking things apart. Could be a loose wire, or a plug not pushed in all the way. You have to go over everything. Could just be a loose ground. Or could be a damaged sensor telling the ECU to cut fuel and spark..

Any CEL on the dash?
2017 PCX 150
Wirus Win Exhaust
Steady Garage Intake
Z-Bars
NCY Variator
pcx888
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2011
Color: pearl white

Post by pcx888 »

I would check The coolant temp sensor. Near water pump. see if plugged in.
2011 White PCX
Michelin Tire City Grip Front and Rear
Aftermarket Thai Seat.
JDM Front lights and Rear Lights and Fender.
NCY Variator, And Face and 13 Dr. pulley sliders.
Rear NCY 1000 contra spring.
NCY Textured clutch bell.
Oyabun
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: `12,`15,`19
Color: black&black

Post by Oyabun »

Does the bike store any fault codes when rough idling or dies at speed? Reading those could be a useful help in diagnosing the issue.