How to remove cleaning spray stains from paint work...!?

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Re: How to remove cleaning spray stains from paint work...!?

Post by Mel46 »

I hate to say it but that looks like staining, and it won't come out. Some agents, such as brake fluid will stain and discolor white paint by changing the color base. Check with a good paint shop to see if that is what happened.

Also keep in mind that the base color of the unpainted panels is black, and the paint coat is very thin. It is only the clear coat that protects this very thin coat of special color. Buy a new panel. You will have better luck with it thn trying to get that stain out.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Austins wrote:I was also struggling with scratches before, what happens is that dust and dirt and oil and dirty water and stuff get in the scratches and make it dark grey or black color, horrible on white paint - that's where maybe black or dark color is better, but I prefer visibility and it's cooler under hot sun here....

I also bought some scratch remover cream etc. but pretty useless - even tried that on my current stain, no result...

Then recently took one of those washing up sponges that has not-so-abrasive green layer on one side - I think these are specially designed not to damage Teflon on pans, then gently wipe the scratch area with some washing up liquid on that green side of sponge, and wollah, like magic all scratches disappear, I couldn't believe I didn't try it before...
But be careful, need to use the correct type and be very gentle...

More info about the nasty pink stains later...
I'm lost...so the pink stains have gone?
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2014
Color: Silver

Post by davenowherejones »

I suspect the pink is brake fluid and they tried to wash it off unsuccessfully.
Austins
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2016 Forza 300
Color: White

Post by Austins »

So I took the bike back to mechanic, he said nothing to do with me, no break fluid was used, brake reservoir not opened, only oil lubricant and cleaning foam was used etc. ...!

I looked a bit more carefully, bike on side stand parked , any drips from left handlebar falls on floor board, not on paint job realky, he also said maybe someone splashed something etc. , or you carry shopping bag on handlebar and it drops from bag etc. (which I do sometimes on short distances - but never a leaky corrosive item !) . Anyway, maybe he is not to blame after all, still a mystery.... (there is cat around by the way, could be him, pissing, dogs or birds maybe....!?)....

Anyway, neighbour suggested fresh Lime, has acid, was no use ...., also tried toilet cleaner, said 15% Hydrochloric Acid on it, no use either, though I only rubbed it for a minute, I think it might take longer, but could damage the paint too....!

Finally tried Acetone, it worked well right away,... so I carried on vigorously rubbing it for like 15min (with a soft cloth), used up whole 30ml bottle , paint is okay and most of stain is gone, though still a bit there, I'm not bothered much now, white paint looks good except a bit on that edge in the middle maybe fainted a bit due to rubbing.... (should have been more gentle), see photo below
Attachments
20210209_225315.jpg
20210209_225315.jpg (49.46 KiB) Viewed 1096 times
Austins
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2016 Forza 300
Color: White

Post by Austins »

Interestingly, looking at the photo closely looks like the faint pinky color is now spread across the area....! This is not very obvious looking at it with naked eye, the camera I think shows it more....

Anyway, I heard that this white panel is like $35 or $40 US dollar equivalent from Honda shop here, not a biggy if I want to change it...

I'm not a cosmetic type, so it doesn't bother me much, and I'm not planning to sell it anytime soon, so not important...

The sticky pads bother me more, but I want to check that again in a couple of weeks, when they bedded in more...
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

That looks OK now. Probably only you will notice it.

Acetone isn't good for paint or plastic so I'd be tempted to give the area a good wash and then wax.