Forza Tow Pack

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

salsa
Year: 2014
Color: Forza red

Forza Tow Pack

Post by salsa »

Could anyone tell me a bit about putting a tow pack on a Forza 300? What kind of cost to buy and have installed, does the ride feel different, what size wheels are on one, etc.? And, does anyone know of one available near southeast SD?
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: Silver

Re: Forza Tow Pack

Post by davenowherejones »

Engine is too small.

I put a 65 liter Givi top case on. Not good for a lot of weight.

Was plenty good enough for my trip to the Yukon. I had a small back pack on the rear seat also.

What do you want to carry?
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Hi Dave! I'm pretty sure he's asking about a trike kit called Tow Pac. One of these:
http://towpacusa.com/

salsa, I did a quick search here on the forum. Found a few threads on trike kits but will point you to one. Don't know if it will answer any of your immediate questions though:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2320&hilit=Trike+kit

I may move this topic to Forza 300 accessories where it may get better exposure. We'll wait a bit & see how it pans out here. Tow pac has been around for awhile, happy customers I'm betting. Good luck with your trike quest ;)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

davenowherejones wrote:Engine is too small.

I put a 65 liter Givi top case on. Not good for a lot of weight.

Was plenty good enough for my trip to the Yukon. I had a small back pack on the rear seat also.

What do you want to carry?
How can he get a Givi top case home without a Trailer?
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

I noticed on the TowPac page they had a picture of their "Travel Trailer" product hooked up to a Yamaha VMax.

That should be enough power to pull a load up hill . . . right? :lol:
salsa

Re: Forza Tow Pac

Post by salsa »

Thanks for clarifying that White Noise. Yes. I was actually referring to the Trike conversion kits. Thanks.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

salsa wrote:does the ride feel different
Yes, completely.
Think bicycle with stabilisers on.
If you really have to have a trike get a real one with two wheels at the front.
Preferably tilting.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
salsa

Post by salsa »

Thanks all. Just was doing a little "what if" since my hubby decided he wanted to be on 3 wheels instead of 2 now. He had a bicycle accident, breaking one arm and 2 years later, a scooter accident (hit black ice) breaking the other. Thought he could still stay on his Forza if it was made into a 3 wheel version. We're looking at Can Am Spyders too but the cost is so ridiculous.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Maybe see if you can find a Piaggio MP3

Have you looked at the Can-Am Ryker? Much cheaper.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
salsa

Re: Forza Tow Pac

Post by salsa »

The Piaggio still leans too much and could tip over pretty easily according to someone in our club who owns one. Never sat on one though so can't verify that. The Ryker is considerably less (about 30% less than the Spyder RT) but has no backrest option and wouldn't work if we decide to take a two-up trip. We did sit on one and found it to be a lot less comfortable. Thanks for the ideas.
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

salsa wrote:Thanks all. Just was doing a little "what if" since my hubby decided he wanted to be on 3 wheels instead of 2 now. He had a bicycle accident, breaking one arm and 2 years later, a scooter accident (hit black ice) breaking the other. Thought he could still stay on his Forza if it was made into a 3 wheel version. We're looking at Can Am Spyders too but the cost is so ridiculous.
Seriously, how about riding lessons first.

Black ice is a bitch but I look at my thermometer before I go riding.

And how old is this guy? Sounds brittle.

I had an old neighbour who thought the 3 wheelers were for him. The steering was so awful that he bought another Harley. Do some test rides first.

Short older guy on a Forza 300 scooter. I want an Africa Twin.
salsa

Post by salsa »

Please don't judge....he had to ride that day since it was his only afternoon off and it needed to be taken to winter storage and it WAS above freezing. Black ice doesn't care. And we did take a rider course (and he's done thousands of miles on a number of scoots) but unless you've gone down on black ice, you don't know that the scoot can slide out from under you no matter how well you ride. He was only going about 15-20 mph, just having pulled away from a stop. And, old has nothing to do with it!!! He has a mild case of osteopenia (genetic) but is still gutsy enough to be out there, keeping more active than a lot of guys much younger!
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Ice always scares me.

Most of the times my motorcycle has gone down have been at slow speeds.

I have had to have the "Time to quit" conversation with a few family and friends. Including myself for a while. I had a stroke.

Personally, I think I am a good rider until a really good rider shows me how bad I actually am. I have never been a good rider partially due to being dyslexic and other brain damage. I do not have true stereo vision. I do have about 500,000 km of experience. A few broken bones along the way. Some my fault others not.

So I say ride on but be careful.

I don't think the Forza has enough power to be a 3 wheeler other than at 30 mph. At that speed I would look at some of the 3 wheel electric scooters. Expensive but interesting.

Reality sucks. Winter storage sucks. Any advice from me sucks.
fullmetalscooter

Post by fullmetalscooter »

Consider a sidecar which has more use then the tow pack . A scooter makes is simpler to mount the type of sidecar you find on say vespa . They call it a cozy model ??