2021 Honda PCX "160"

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Re: 2021 Honda PCX "160"

Post by you you »

iceman wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:12 am
you you wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:12 am
iceman wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:53 pm Like the rear disc, not so keen now on the front ABS as never had issues with the CBS and much easier and cheaper to maintain.
What are the big differences in maintenance costs from?
Just what I have read over the past year from people where the ABS plays up and needs dealer assistance (ok with warranty but many chose to do servicing themselves so warranty becomes void). Easy to replace and fix things with normal pads and CBS, harder to maintain the ABS system.

Having ridden all year round for 6+ years, and with all the absolute a*******s on London roads, the CBS seems to do a good job so not keen on a more complex system. That said, may have to get used to it. Be good to hear feedback over the coming year or so when people buy the new PCX's.
It all sounds a bit anecdotal. There shouldn't be any real difference tbh
MicBergsma
Year: 2017
Color: white 150

Post by MicBergsma »

man good job Honda, they look so good!
Mitch's Scooter Stuff
YouTube - http://bit.ly/MitchScooterChannel
Instagram - http://bit.ly/2fB8gay
vito
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2019
Color: silver

Post by vito »

I have no idea what kind of rear brake my 2019 PCX has, but in any case, I find braking adequate for my needs, once I remembered that the left hand lever is not a clutch lever but for the rear brake. When I ride my PCX I readily recall my old Honda scooter from the early 1980's that had those tiny wheels. The newer versions like my current PCX is far superior for that reason alone.
U.S. Army retired
Former MSF Instructor
Fully retired!
2019 Honda PCX150
2021 Can Am Spyder RT
ezrider
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ezrider »

In the USA: Just called and ordered the first one I saw advertised in my region on a dealer's website. They currently expect to get just one, and 3-4 weeks is the ETA: We shall see. Have been lurking here, learning. We'll see how this develops; stay tuned. By the way, it's just PCX here: no 150 nor 160 designation now.
Gil
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: black

Post by Gil »

ezrider wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:28 pm In the USA: Just called and ordered the first one I saw advertised in my region on a dealer's website. They currently expect to get just one, and 3-4 weeks is the ETA: We shall see. Have been lurking here, learning. We'll see how this develops; stay tuned. By the way, it's just PCX here: no 150 nor 160 designation now.
Make sure to share some pictures. Interested.
ImageImage
  • 2013 Honda PCX 150, NCY Variator kit, Dr Pulley 13g Roller weights
  • IRC and City Grip tires, LED driving lights, Coroplast top box, MFR exhaust, Daytona Windshield.
StillThumps
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2021
Color: White

Post by StillThumps »

Hello all fellow scooteristi from another New Member. Like some here I’m a LONG time rider and am waiting on my dealer to get their first 2 new 2021 PCX models in around the first of May. They’re in line to get one ABS model and one non-ABS. I’m first in line for the ABS one🙂. The new engine specs sound pretty impressive....4 valve head, roller bearing crank, 12:1 compression, but no rear disc from my understanding. Currently riding Kymco Like 150 with 4 valve head and Yamaha SR400. Cheers!
ezrider
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ezrider »

The PCX sold in the USA has not featured rear disk brakes, and the 2021 PCX still does not. Front ABS has only been an option. The 2021 ADV features standard front-ABS, but also has a rear drum, and the 2022 ADV has the same brake offerings. Yamaha scooters here, on the other hand, have featured rear disk brakes for years, even on the Zuma 125, since 2016. Not a problem for me at all on a scooter, and I've happily ordered a lovely no-frills 2021 PCX. Happy and safe stopping to all.
StillThumps
Regular User
Regular User

Post by StillThumps »

I’ve been following this new PCX’s development for a while and there are some pretty Interesting engineering performance updates I saw online for the 2021 PCX besides those already stated.
Seems Honda has increased the throttle body diameter 2mm to 28mm. There’s a new high capacity air cleaner, redesigned catalytic muffler for smoother easier exhaust flow, 3 new low friction transmission bearings with optimized pulleys/clutch and a larger dia. output shaft.
This sounds to me like Honda is putting in some real $ to make a serious performance increase..and maybe a statement to some of the competition as well. Really looking forward to seeing how this sharp looking scooter performs and goes down the road! Cheers
justin2571
Color: Poseidon Black

Re: 2021 Honda PCX

Post by justin2571 »

Hi All,
I'm very new to this forum and very new to the whole scooter world - I've had a couple but now have the 2021 PCX (Honda in Australia tells me it's a 160 - everyone's view seems to differ.) I'm wondering is there an aftermarket performance exhaust system that is a plug and play with no mucking around other than tuning? I see on Japans Webike site they have options, was just looking for advice and thoughts on doing this?
Thank you!
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax

Post by Jge64 »

I’m put a Malossi pipe on my bike, it worked perfectly. I don’t see how you tune a pipe, the fuel injection system automatically takes care of anything, mine was absolute just bolt on and go.
Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI
airhead83
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by airhead83 »

You'll probably never have any problems with a slip-on only upgrade. But the fuel injectors depend on the ECU and its program of variables to operate. Any major alteration of the intake and/or exhaust systems will likely require an ECU 'retune' or 're-flash' to adjust its operating parameters so the injectors and engine will run properly.
I can't imagine one would want to alter the air/fuel system drastically enough to cause a problem on a PCX, but I guess it's possible.
cappra

Post by cappra »

Just FYI, I just purchased a 2021 PCX 150 A, checking the specs turns out it has the 157cc engine. From the owner's and Helms Shop manuals:
Displacement 157cc, 9.6 cu-in
Bore x stroke 60 x 55.5mm
Four valve head