Security

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

JohnVTR
Year: 2019
Color: white

U lock

Post by JohnVTR »

Has anyone managed to put on a U lock by going through the shock(s) springs and wheel? I have measured it and done a trial with a metal bar? It looks just about feasible but it would depend on lock bar diameter, length and pitch so just buying one will be a risk. Ask as I am having a trip to France later in the year (gone are the days of doing a ton up on VTR) and have Ohlins. This is for my 2019 300.
Kane
Year: 2021
Color: White

Re: Security

Post by Kane »

I just posted about my PCX lock in another thread, but realised no one has ever mentioned EasyBlock on this forum, It's probably because it's a new-ish London / EU thing, but most of my courier friends ride the PCXs, NMAXs, or Forza's and have one, so I thought I would share it with you guys too.

It's similar to a disc lock, but it's fitted to your bike and you kick it in to lock it. It's pretty sick, and as I stop a million times a day and before I never used to bother locking my bike.

https://easyblock.com/products/honda-forza-300

Here are some photos I found on their website for the Forza 300. It's fitted in a bit of a different place than my PCX, but it looks like each one of them is different.

There is a video on their homepage of how it works, but I'm not sure how to post the video here... or how to make images smaller haha... sorry
ghmpm
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: red

Post by ghmpm »

I use the stock Honda handlebar locks plus a disk brake lock. Scooters are not a big theft item in the US except for college towns...then watch out! LOL If I have to be gone for a couple of days I also use a heavy chain and large hardened lock. If they want my scoot they are going to have to work for it!!!
Glenn

2012 Honda Silver Wing

2015 Honda Forza 300
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2014
Color: Silver

Post by davenowherejones »

I had something similar, I could not unlock it, rusty etc . My neighbour said he would help, the propane torch melted the zinc lock cylinder. a big hammer finished it off