Sounds after installing Dr Pulley sliders

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

150pcxer
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014
Color: Silver

Sounds after installing Dr Pulley sliders

Post by 150pcxer »

Hi all,

I just installed the Dr Pulley sliders, 14.5 grams, as recommended by the workshop.

However, I noticed there is this sound. Is it normal? Or is something wrong?

What's the cause of it?

Thanks.

Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Re: Sounds after installing Dr Pulley sliders

Post by Old Grinner »

I noticed you have a 2014.

I used to have a 2017 but never heard any noises on it like that . . ..

Is the belt worn at all?

If you've replaced the pully sliders you must have either done it for performance or the originals were old and needed to be replaced anyways. Hence, the belt must have some wear on it.

Here's a vid from a Zuma 125 that has "belt slapping" noises. Just something to consider as a possible source of the noise. That said if you can't discover the problem and fix it I would recommend you take it to a dealer mechanic and have them fix it. Safety first IMHO. :D

150pcxer
Regular User
Regular User
Color: Silver

Post by 150pcxer »

Old Grinner wrote:I noticed you have a 2014.

I used to have a 2017 but never heard any noises on it like that . . ..

Is the belt worn at all?

If you've replaced the pully sliders you must have either done it for performance or the originals were old and needed to be replaced anyways. Hence, the belt must have some wear on it.

Here's a vid from a Zuma 125 that has "belt slapping" noises. Just something to consider as a possible source of the noise. That said if you can't discover the problem and fix it I would recommend you take it to a dealer mechanic and have them fix it. Safety first IMHO. :D

Someone else told me these things could be the culprit
https://lamoto.co.nz/slide-piece-set-honda-pcx/

So i went to another workshop, got new ones installed and the sound was gone.

To be honest, I have no idea what caused it. My guess is either improper installation or the old, worn-out slide pieces.
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

Yep, easy for Dr P's to flip over when installing back onto scooter. Must keep the assembly 'pinched' , or else they can flip over. Once installed properly - they'll stay in place.
Fish
pintail120
Color: WHITE

Post by pintail120 »

fish wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:11 am Yep, easy for Dr P's to flip over when installing back onto scooter. Must keep the assembly 'pinched' , or else they can flip over. Once installed properly - they'll stay in place.
Fish
I also contacted Dr PUlley and they sent me updated sliders (not including the centre weights), the little winglets were in a different place that maybe help prevent them flipping over 90 which happened to mine a lot. I think the rear spring also helps keep tension on the front variator and prevent the sliders rotating