Nobody likes 'em....

Anything and everything not related to anything else on this site.

Moderator: Modsquad

fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Nobody likes 'em....

Post by fish »

"Tailgaters - don't you hate 'em Fish!?"

"He keeps this up - one of us is going into the Med!"

Fish
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Re: Nobody likes 'em....

Post by gn2 »

James Garner I believe.
Remember going to the cinema to see that back in the 60s.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

James Garner I believe.
Remember going to the cinema to see that back in the 60s.
Right you are!

Circa 1966 or so . . ..

Got the Grand Prix 2 tape set on VHS . . . long ago . . . and around the same time also bought Woodstock.
100_8221a.jpg
The beginning of both films let you know your are going to be in for a real experience . . . awesome they were and awesome they are.

Tail gating is a sure sign of ignorance IMHO. Traveling at 180 ft./second at 60 MPH doesn't leave much time to react.

I suppose at some point the technology will be built into vehicles that will disallow that. :geek:
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I doubt that technology can fix stupid.

I see drivers tailgating continuously for miles and miles, as though being 6 feet from the car ahead of them will give them an advantage of some sort, but for what? They go from light to light still riding the bumper of the vehicle in front of them. Eventually they reach their turnoff and go their own way, but how many seconds did they gain by tailgating? They lost what they gained when they had to stop at the red lights.

....of course, we have all seen the idiots who have gone around the car ahead of them while at the red light and just ran the red light like it wasn't there. In fact, I was ahead of one of those drivers a couple of days ago. He used the right turn lane while we were stopped at the red light to go around me, pause at the light, and then drive right through it!

If you have an emergency then put on your flashers and beep your horn. People will move out of your way. Otherwise, just drive like you should drive in normal traffic, not like you are at the race track. Other people's lives may depend on it.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers