Psychiatric Ride

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2014
Color: Silver

Psychiatric Ride

Post by davenowherejones »

It was sunny today so I had to go for a ride once it got above 5C.

I did not leave until 1pm. I needed a new lock for my bike shed. The ones at the dollar store were too small but I found a nice shiny one at the other dollar store.

It was kind of stupid to buy a $5 lock for a plastic hasp but it stops the wind from blowing the doors open.

On my way out of Hope, BC, home, I noticed there was still ice on the puddles so I was careful where I rode.

I was going to go to Lytton, BC (110 km) but I was getting cold at Boston Bar (65 km). I stopped for a coffee (BB) and watched the sunset behind the mountain at 2:30 in the afternoon.

I headed back to Yale and had a pepperoni cheese stick pastry. Good.

Filled up with gas and bought Doritos & Dr Pepper at the Dollarama.

I put the Forza away with 145,093 km on the odometer.

The reason this was a psychiatric ride was because of yesterday. I was walking around Hope looking at stuff.

Electrify Canada is installing a charging station in Hope, BC because Volkswagen cheated on the diesels. The station is almost ready to be turned on but someone in the last few days cut all of the inch thick charging cables and stole the wire.

So 8 cables need to be replaced at a big amount of dollars.

I walked back to my truck and a friend pulled up asking me to go for coffee with him.

I suggested the Blue Moose coffee place just a block over. I don't know why but I always think the Blue Moose is a gay bar. It is not.

We had coffee, he paid, I mow his lawn sometimes. I wanted to go get some bananas but thought it might be a good idea to go to the bathroom first. He went first and I waited.

I was then in big trouble because I did not have a mask on nor did I register with barista that I needed the bathroom. You need to show a receipt, identification and leave your name & phone number in the book. I was in a hurry.

I argued with the employee and shoved my way into the bathroom.

I was so angry I could hardly pee straight.

I went and got my bananas. I found a $10 bill in the parking lot.

Things were improving until I found an ex-neighbour parked beside my truck. She had been booted out of the mobile home court for unknown reasons. I think they paid her to leave. She won't say why she left. The owner did extreme major cleaning of the unit after she was gone. Why?

It is 5 o'clock and very dark. Earlier this week we had an 80 kmph wind storm. My place was rocking and no sex was involved.
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: Psychiatric Ride

Sat at home for a few days. It was almost 5 degrees so close enough.

A&W has free coffee for November. I rode from Hope, BC to Lickman Rd, Chilliwack for a free coffee. About 50 km, some highway, some back roads. Lots of slower stuff so I got 30 km/liter, pretty good for a well used Forza almost 300. A bit of proof that everything is working properly.

I should have got the $3 hamburger but I was hungry so I splurged on the $10 burger. A couple of kids and their mother were coughing a few tables away. Was this a suicidal burger?

I came home on the highway more. I thought I saw my landlord pass me in his BMW convertible so I followed the car for a while. It turns out it was his eighty year old wife. It's her car but he borrows it. I could not keep up.

The days are short now. I need to be home before 5. 4 would be better to allow for problems.

We had snow on the ground the other day. That is another problem. The RCMP had red and blue lights everywhere today. No problem.
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

I almost got to Spuzzum before I got too scared.

There was more and more snow on the paved shoulder. That shoulder is my emergency escape route from 30 wheel lumber trucks driven by sleepy drivers.

The road itself was bare and wet. No problems.

I drank way too much coffee today. We had 80 kmph gusty winds again last night. Nothing new.

The new Esso truck stop requires some of the trucks to do a slow speed tight 180 degree corner off of the overpass. Some can and some can't. Some will and some won't. Mud all over the road.

No red and blue lights today, must have been nap time.

Rain forecast for all next week, no snow but that can change easily.
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

I got past Spuzzum today.

I spent the morning putting mouse poison under my neighbours mobile homes.

It was dark and 9C degrees so I got suited up to ride with 3 pairs of long underwear.

There is a new 7Eleven in Hope. I had a coupon for 3 free chicken wings. I liked the honey garlic the best.

Time to ride. The skies were grey and black but I headed for Spuzzum. It was even worse there but I twisted the throttle for Boston Bar.

I had an ice cream sandwich and a coffee at B Bar. I also got a little third hand mj smoke but what really pissed me off was all of the tokers coughing in this COVID era.

I headed back to Hope to fuel up. I tried to use Applepay but I think my credit card is maxed out. I had to go inside to pay.

I circled the mobile home park to check that all of the access doors were still closed hiding the poison. Some fall open sometimes.
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

Perhaps you mean a therapeutic ride....to improve your mental wellbeing?

Or -- maybe you do mean that riding a scooter makes you feel crazy? In which case - probably best to take the bus.
Fish
relic
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red white

Post by relic »

Both me and Davy have seen our therapeutic rides turn into playing in traffic nightmares.
Envy you fish.
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

There have been a few rides that have driven me crazy. The Forza does not really have enough power to quickly pass MOTORHOMES in the Fraser Canyon. Get out of everyones way people.

Sometimes I would like to mount some red and blue LED's. But give me a gun and there would be a lot less idiots in this world. Not a good idea.

The rain is supposed to stop in a while. I need to check my lottery ticket. I need to ride.
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

I won a free ticket. Order that Ferrari.
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Psychotic rides are coming.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

davenowherejones wrote:I won a free ticket. Order that Ferrari.

Me too on the Euromillions lottery. Here's hoping....
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

I won another free lotto ticket. The new 711 in town is giving away free chicken until the 27th. I had to wait a bit but I got hot chicken today.

I rode over to Hope River to spend my coins on a small coffee. 7 layers of clothing made it hard to pee.

I rode down to Popkum for a donut. Again 7 layers were a nuisance.

It wasn't raining so I went for a walk at Harrison Hot Springs. I needed gas so I went back to 711. I think I might look for a tube or funnel to handle the 7 layers.

I have a FOBO tire pressure monitor on the valve stems. I mostly like the system although it has a few faults. I was looking at the iPhone App at 10:30 pm. It is still showing the readings from 1:30 this afternoon, not sure why.

I have 30 psi front and rear. It seems to work well with my weight and the oddball tires I run. Heidenau K66 on the front, Michelin CityGrip 2 on the rear. Not intentionally but that's the way I roll now.

146,646 km on the odometer at the 711 fill up.

Today was cold and about 5 degrees C. The FOBO system also has a thermometer in each valve cap. The front was 5C at 1:30, air was about the same. The rear was 21C. I do not think the brakes are dragging. I think it is just the muffler heating up the tire. It could be a little from the final drive or the belt or clutch. I bet it is not much.

I would like to try an aftermarket muffler to see if it makes any difference. I do not think it matters. I guess the heat is actually a positive. Melts the frost a bit. Improves the traction in the rain? Or even in the dry. Who needs racing tire warmers when you have a 2014 Forza 300.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

How often do you pee!
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: blk

Post by easyrider »

Good story LMAO.. Laughed my ass off.
Old Scoot
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Old Scoot »

easyrider wrote:..... Laughed my ass off.
I hope you don't lose it :lol:
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Old Scoot wrote:

His small donkey?
Old Scoot
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Old Scoot »

you you wrote:
Old Scoot wrote:

His small donkey?
maybe, maybe something else
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

IMG_7078.jpeg
IMG_7078.jpeg (38.92 KiB) Viewed 2932 times
[]Today is the Winter Solstice and you should be very afraid of the riderless Honda Forza 300 on this the darkest of all days.

But it shall pass and you will surely die (sometime in the next 105 years.)

Merry Scary Christmas to one and all.
attachment=0]IMG_7080.jpeg[/attachment]
Attachments
IMG_7080.jpeg
IMG_7080.jpeg (45.02 KiB) Viewed 2931 times
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

146,789 km or 91210 miles, snowing today
Attachments
IMG_7079.jpeg
IMG_7079.jpeg (46.08 KiB) Viewed 2931 times
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

I was going to go riding today but I had to fix my toilet.

How come the water supply to the bottom of a faucet is 3/4 but to the bottom of a toilet is 7/8?

It took two trips to Rona Building Supplies Canada owned by Lowes USA.

The fan is blowing all the damp stuff.

I washed my sheets ready for 2021. Once a year is good enough!

I had a good year riding even if I didn't really go anywhere. Hey Nascar mostly goes round in circles.

I need a clutch seal I think but it runs anyway. I had a few flat tires this last year. The worst was at 140 kmph. If it doesn't break it is not an adventure.

I have run out of money. This is probably going to end badly.

The local RCMP killed another 3 people the other day. The story changes everyday. You can't handle the truth.

It is a bit too warm here, not much snow on the ground.

Our female in charge of COVID has declared that midnight is at 8:00 here because she does not want us to get too drunk. We need to get rid of her and solve this problem. Hiding under the bed does not solve the problem.

They killed the rats to get rid of the plague and the mosquitos to get rid of something else. So what do I have to kill to go riding properly?

Time to check the toilet for leaks, Happy New Year!!!
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

China is using anal probes for COVID testing.

Did they learn that from the aliens?