Psychiatric Ride

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2014
Color: Silver

Re: Psychiatric Ride

Post by davenowherejones »

It was above 5C today for a while so I went to Chilliwack to do some banking.

A RCMP ghost SUV passed me and then put on his Red & Blue flashers. Not sure why? Must have been shift change or donut time.

I have a hi-interest saving account (oxymoron these days) that has 14 cents in it. I wanted the money moved to a different account and then closed. There was going to be a $5 service charge for the transaction. Dumb.

I had a coffee and chicken burger at Burger King. To get the seniors coffee at Burger King you need to be 65 but McDonalds seems to accept 55. At 61 I am too old to be sitting on the sidewalk having my lunch. I should have walked over to Starbucks outdoor tables.

I went over to the mall and some stupid old lady followed me there. She started saying mean nasty things about me and my scooter. I told her to "Piss off". The things she said were true but I was not in the mood to listen to her.

I went over to Walmart to get a few things. The RCMP were hauling out a guy who sort of looked like me, a mean nasty customer. I did not want to look up the code for a cantaloupe so I tried to leave it there. Some obnoxious girl punched in the code and made me buy it.

I got home before dark for a change. It is 3C so time to put the scooter away for the night.
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

-4C today. I spent all night trying to get my furnace going. We had a power failure that tripped a limit switch.

I eventually got a good flashlight and found it. My motorcycle damaged brain could not remember where it was.

A one second push of the button got me warm again.

I might try to get my 4x4 running but it is cold out there.
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

Post a reminder with a picture somewhere in plain view, like on your refrigerator, about your "reset" button on your heating system and how to find it/use it.

Keep a flashlight ready in a drawer or hanging on a wall near the refrigerator so you can read the reminder. If you need reading glasses then keep a spare pair of those with the flashlight.

The longest I've ever gone without power is about 5 days, twice in my life, during bad storms, and fortunately it wasn't during Winter. That said I have been out of power in Winter months but seldom and only for a few hours at a time. The upside is you can put frozen food outside in a cooler (so racoons etc . . . don't get into it).

Here's a link to some other power outage tips for survival. :geek:

https://www.bobvila.com/slideshow/11-wa ... tage-52639
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

OK, this is different. Just posting to see if I can.

-13C right now, with 40 kmph wind gusting to 62.

No riding for a while.