2011 PCX 125 from.... Germany!

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

comecamino
Year: 2011
Color: Black

2011 PCX 125 from.... Germany!

Post by comecamino »

Hello everyone!

I'm here to introduce my 2011 PCX with almost 28.000Km.

Long Story short:

Im Chilean and I came to Germany 4 months ago and I needed a vehicle!! so this is the wisest decision ever.... Buy a scooter instead of a car. And of course, had to be Honda and no other. I learned the lesson back in Chile.

Here maintenance to a car is so expensive that in my opinion doesn't worth it if you have to commute everyday. so, since I ride bikes since 2009 I'm able to make all the maintenance at home

I bought the scooter completely standard, and in a few weeks is equipped with some Givi accessories, Dr. Pulley sliders and now that winter is coming, a pair of Tucano Urbano Handmuffs... and last but not least, I'm thinking about making the humptectomy

Here some photos

xixon
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013 PCX 150

Re: 2011 PCX 125 from.... Germany!

Post by xixon »

Wow, your PCX looks really good for a 2011....looks damn near brand new

As for the hump....yeah it's a pain in the ass, especially if you are tall.

You can just remove it and fill in the holes....I bought a Cheeky Seat cover which is a bit expensive but works very well

https://scooterseatcovers.net/index.php ... Path=37_54

BTW: welcome to the PCX forum :)
Attachments
P7080040.JPG
P7080040.JPG (192.26 KiB) Viewed 1978 times
comecamino

Post by comecamino »

Oh yes I was thinking about those seat covers, and they look amazing! But unfortunately, sending costs nowadays (idk if its because of corona) rises the price quite a bit :lol:

For now, I'm just thinking about it... I'm 1.75 tall so yes, the hump is quite annoying if I want to stretch my legs, but if I drive it like a vespa (haha) is not terrible at all.

So, I'm still making some research for example where to buy faux leather, good glue, foam to fill the inner hump that apparently has to be removed and finally how to reinforce the plastic underneath the seat. I need this job to look as neat as possible!

Talking about the looks, well, in northern Germany rains a lot, and you dont get that many sunny days to ruin the paintjob, to be honest cloudy days are super super common, and that's my theory of how a lot of german old cars looks in such a mint condition, but another story is RUST, and oh boy you better watch under those beautiful cars!!! They might run super nice but, there's some cars with heavy cancer going on

To prevent this, It's a MUST to pressure wash the bike at least twice a month, to get rid of all the debris specially in winter. I had to wash the bike even in rainy days because I'm lucky to have the washing center close to my house. And, finally wax! I would recommend to you any 3M synthetic wax, SONAX or Turtle Wax with carnauba (IMHO is the best)
Coasting
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014

Post by Coasting »

From the "for what it's worth" department, I took the hump off mine for a couple of years. If you don't put a couple of bolts in the holes then rain will get into the center storage compartment. Another option for a quick/easy job is to cover the bolt hole and the larger hole in the vinyl with a vinyl repair patch; it's functional and doesn't look too bad.

Having just said all that, after a few years of the hump being off I put it back on again where it's now been for the last few years. It used to bother me but now it doesn't. I'm average height - 178cm.
comecamino

Post by comecamino »

Good insight!

If I decide not to remove the plastic inderneath, it is noticeably harder to sit in that area?

Another question, nothing to do with the hump. What's the REAL difference between this engine and the eSP one? I've seen some JF28 ones with the eSP air filter box... Sometimes I think that the eSP nomenclature is just a gimmick...

Look at this video for example..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0O1cb8THII

wn :D
Coasting
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014

Post by Coasting »

When I removed mine I (eventually) put the bolts back in from the top (for weather sealing). Sitting on the bolt heads was something I could feel but other than that "not a biggie". If the bolt heads weren't there then it wouldn't feel any different to any other part of the seat.

Not sure what plastic you're referring to - mine has vinyl for the seat cover and I'm not too sure what's underneath all that.

Mine is the eSP model but by coincidence the eSP label fell off the other day and I haven't noticed any difference in performance ...

In all seriousness ... it did actually fall off but I wouldn't have a clue as to the differences in eSP vs non-eSP engines - so can't help with that one.

Bottom line for me is that with or without the hump it's not an overly comfortable seat anyway. Most of my rides are less than an hour in one go - and when I do longer rides I just accept the fact that it's going to get a bit uncomfortable after a while (sometimes on longer rides I'll stand up for a while just to get a bit of movement).
comecamino

Post by comecamino »

Yes, so far the big noticeable difference is the airbox, nothing else.

The plastic that I'm talking about is the structural part where the bolts originally are, some people remove it, and then is filled with some foam and reinforced with something like aluminum sticks honestly I dont like that solution at all becasue there's no way back after that mod... Well but I think you're right. I will try just taking off the hump out of the seat and then see how it feels like, then i will make the final decision. :D

Thank you! And happy riding! :D
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

comecamino wrote:Yes, so far the big noticeable difference is the airbox, nothing else.

The plastic that I'm talking about is the structural part where the bolts originally are, some people remove it, and then is filled with some foam and reinforced with something like aluminum sticks honestly I dont like that solution at all becasue there's no way back after that mod... Well but I think you're right. I will try just taking off the hump out of the seat and then see how it feels like, then i will make the final decision. :D

Thank you! And happy riding! :D
You need to remove the part where the bolts are as it still forms part of the hump and can still be felt. It isn't structural and is easily trimmed out. It doesn't need reinforcing.
comecamino

Post by comecamino »

Humptectomy done

Truth to be told, the hump is beautiful but extremely annoying. What a pleasure not to have it! Now I have these extra centimeters I needed for the perfect fit

Enviado desde mi CLT-L29 mediante Tapatalk
comecamino

Post by comecamino »

Not the most beautiful patchwork, but.... What the heck! :lol: :lol:
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

comecamino wrote:Humptectomy done

Truth to be told, the hump is beautiful but extremely annoying. What a pleasure not to have it! Now I have these extra centimeters I needed for the perfect fit

Enviado desde mi CLT-L29 mediante Tapatalk

I’m with you. It does make an enormous difference.
towdie
Year: 2010
Color: Silver

Post by towdie »

I was thinking about the same mod but it look little bit ugly with those holes. :) and it will rain into the seat if it will not be sealed well.. :D
towdie
Year: 2010
Color: Silver

Post by towdie »

But I found some aftermarket seat for PCX 2011 without the bump so maybe I will go this way.
comecamino

Post by comecamino »

Yes they exist, but here are quite expensive, finding aftermarket for this scooter here is at least for me a challenge

Unfortunately when it comes to scooters, vespa is the king here. I dont know exactly why. maybe because they have the factory close? Maybe because 50cc scooters are more popular... but i can tell that vespas dare to be a wheelbarrow compared to its counterpart with honda. :lol:

Well, i decided to put back again the hump, .... yes, i can feel the difference and i really liked the other way but those holes!!! :x