PCX versatility

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: Black

PCX versatility

Post by honkerman »

One of the things I love about my PCX (and scooters in general) is it's versatility. It was developed in Thailand, and it works well for multiple different scenarios. It's a tough little beast. I take it fishing, for light shopping, long distance traveling, and just yesterday; hunting. It's not the first time I've used a scooter to go hunting, and hopefully will not be the last. I made a motovlog, probably my last ride for a while, and will link it, but wanted to start a thread on how versatile these little beasties can be. if you have an interesting story, I'd love to hear it.

Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
Lancaster County Pennsylvania
2013 Honda PCX-150 (Angry Hornet) - Leo Vince Corsa Exhaust, NCY Variator (13g Rollers), NCY shocks, Givi D322S windscreen, NCY drum brake actuator arm, Denali Soundbomb mini horn
2006 Piaggio Beverly 250 (Rosa)
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Re: PCX versatility

Post by iceman »

Only thing I do not like is the cumbersome plastics - if they came off easily and you had access to the engine it would be great.
Coasting
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014

Post by Coasting »

I treat mine as a workhorse. I've done day trips of several hundred miles - used it as "dad's taxi" for daughter (inc out of town pickup) - use it for delivering things for clients (can strap a pretty big box on the back if I take off the soft box (the grab rail is a good anchor point for ratchet strops).

Most of the time there's a way to get everything on it - even if that way is to some times put everything in a pack on my back (it rests on the seat if I loosen the straps).
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Right now mine just sits in the garage looking beautiful, as usual. :D ...but then, it has been storming a lot lately. We keep getting the remains of hurricanes and tropical storms... :(
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers