Anybody painted their wheels yet?

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Re: Anybody painted their wheels yet?

Post by WhiteNoise »

Hi Ali, powder-coated? 8) Wow, quite a difference from the other color! I like it...it's brighter, & has some life to it :) Are they on your scoot yet? How's the color match with our "gold dust?"
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019
Color: Black

Post by Alibally »

I haven't fitted them yet. I had to get a couple of bearings for the front wheel so will get them done next week. I know someone with a proper tyre machine for bikes so he is putting them on the tyres for me. The machine I have at work is for cars and the arm isn't long enough for the smaller wheels. I don't want to risk damaging them with tyre levers.
I needed a new rear tyre anyway so thought it was the time to do them. I got a set of city grips as I prefer to keep them matching.
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by Alibally »

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390665882.288269.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390665882.288269.jpg (280.82 KiB) Viewed 775 times
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390665892.656656.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390665892.656656.jpg (251.13 KiB) Viewed 775 times
Wheels on at last. Not the best photos as it's just about to piss down with rain again. Boo.
GeezyRider
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by GeezyRider »

That's a nice look. Very classy.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

The colour really suits the design of the wheels

Get yer test passed!
Fizzy Rascal
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 (2015)
Color: White

Post by Fizzy Rascal »

Very cool! :)
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

:P "Applause, applause applause" 8)
Voila! Done and looking sharp! When your sun appears again Ali ( :roll: will it?) please take more photo's (profile and close-up). Bottom line is....are you happy with the color and it's durability?
Just thinking this: Tupperware ideas yet? Gold pinstripping, or gold decals next? More gold? Or are ye done?
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by Alibally »

No more bling. Not big fan of pinstripes or tribal markings, etc. The colour is fine. Powdercoat is not so easy to alter the base colour like normal paint so your kind of restricted. It was a bit of an experiment as the guy who did it hadn't done gold before as it is a relatively new business, but I saw the powder before he did it. I still have the black wheels with the old tyres on them so can go back to standard if I want to.

The sun was out for about 15 minutes the other day so that's a bonus. It's back to cold and damp. It's not so much the weather that stops me using it, it's the fact they spread the roads with salt in the winter and they are building a new railway line on my route to work, so the roads are always covered in mud. It's not really a good combination and I ain't washing it every time I come home.
hellboy7

Post by hellboy7 »

I like the painted wheels. it gives the bike a lot more character. With gold wheels actually, I think that the bike stands out a little bit more and not too many PCXs actually stand out like that. The powder goating looks pretty good too. I would have went with the plastidip route just to see how everything looks but you did it right!
Mgalutia88
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 PCX 150
Color: Red

Post by Mgalutia88 »

That gold really makes the bike!
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Ali, I get it. Clean look vs. stickies, it makes life easier too. Hey! I'm not riding in any of this frigid icy snowy cold weather! Nah, not for moi! Salt is everywhere and on everything, even the walkways. Nuff to clean inside as the salt has moved in here too (feet). Understand the wait. I am as well.
Yer bike looks Rich :D