More problems with AdMore High Output LED light bar

Anything and everything not related to anything else on this site.

Moderator: Modsquad

fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

More problems with AdMore High Output LED light bar

Post by fish »

Last year the lens with the lights separated from the base while out riding.
After an email and with proof of purchase AdMore sent me another light bar.
This weekend I noticed that the left mounting was broken away.

The light is two sections of plastic - with powerful LEDs inside.
If the black base were made of metal I'd have had neither problem.
Deployed JBWeld (my 1st rodeo w/this stuff) to rebuild the mount, and reattached the lens which is adrift, again.
Hope it works.

Likely one of the many & much cheaper Chinese plastic knock-offs would have worked as well as has this plastic one.

Fish
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Re: More problems with AdMore High Output LED light bar

Post by Old Grinner »

Would it be possible to remount the LED to a new DIY backing plate made from wood or plastic/composite and reinstall using angle brackets?

https://www.homedepot.com/p/WeatherShie ... /300573653

Outline the new backing plate from the existing light configuration. Make "through holes" where the LED light is screwed to the base and use longer screws and nuts to secure the whole thing to the new backing plate. Attach angle brackets to backing plate and then install to scooter. Match marking or template may be required.

I dunno . . . maybe it would be too much like work.

I have to say the plywood extension to my luggage rack on my Zuma 125 works fine. It's thick plywood.

It's good that you discovered the problem before it totally fell off the scooter. Glad it didn't fall into your wheel . . .. :roll:
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

Old Grinner wrote:Would it be possible to remount the LED to a new DIY backing plate made from wood or plastic/composite and reinstall using angle brackets?

https://www.homedepot.com/p/WeatherShie ... /300573653

Outline the new backing plate from the existing light configuration. Make "through holes" where the LED light is screwed to the base and use longer screws and nuts to secure the whole thing to the new backing plate. Attach angle brackets to backing plate and then install to scooter. Match marking or template may be required.

I dunno . . . maybe it would be too much like work.

I have to say the plywood extension to my luggage rack on my Zuma 125 works fine. It's thick plywood.

It's good that you discovered the problem before it totally fell off the scooter. Glad it didn't fall into your wheel . . .. :roll:
Well, no joy on locating any Italian plywood or nice Italian galvanized stuff from Tractor Supply - so I put it back as stock with some good 'ol boy JB Weld and a screw.

After it dries, I'll flip it over and take it for a ride.

Fish
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

Maybe put some rubber bands around the mating pieces to keep secure until it dries also . . . or maybe the screw you mentioned already does that?

Keep up posted on how it works out.

Maybe put a "tie off" (zip tie) or two somewhere on the assembly in case it breaks off again so as not to fall into the wheel spokes? Black ones will blend in better . . .. Call me cautious. o_O

Italian wood eh? Costs extra! :lol: