My New Machine - Can Am Ryker

The other 2-wheeled contraptions you ride.

Moderator: Modsquad

Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Re: my new machine

Post by Old Grinner »

Not sure where I should have posted this but the thought of Amish folks riding their horse drawn buggies down a road and then seeing an ATV got me to thinking. The only thing missing in the picture was a high tech critter chasing something.

Actually seems a bit scary.

All that said, Halloween is right around the corner . . .. :roll:

big bear
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2016
Color: silver

Post by big bear »

took a rainy 22 mile ride on the ryker this morning with wet leaves all over the roads i was kinda glad to be on 3 wheels. But we did get a few hours of dry weather yesterday so i was able to take the x max and pcx both for a ride
big bear
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: My New Machine - Can Am Ryker

Post by big bear »

took the ryker out for a night ride headlights were very bright was worried about deer but only saw one buck on the side of the road hiting a deer on 3 wheels might not be as bad as being on 2 wheels but still not good
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

OldG, Re: your video. Very impressive and equally as scary. I'd hate to walk out my door one day only to see "that thing" chasing a cat or dog up/down the street. Or....me o_O (note to self: order roller skates!)

bigbear, you bought a Ryker! Congratulations, I think they're cool. I've had my eye on them since their birth. One day I'll get to test ride one.
So I am curious, do You feel very close to the ground while seated, low like in a 2 seater sports car?
I saw one pull into the parking lot at the market the other day and the guy looked so low to the ground. More questions: do you feel Any vibrations? Do you feel pushed around from wind like you would on your scoot?
Looking at youtube videos some owners mention that the sound between the standard 900 and 900 Rally is different. Do you know if there is?
I hope I'm not asking questions that you've already covered in this thread. I just popped in here and didn't read back. Ok ya'll can scold me now, I (may) deserve it :oops:
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
big bear
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by big bear »

yes youre very close to the ground. You dont get pushed around from wind but your arms get a workout you have to steer the ryker with a bike you just have to lean i dont do long trips but if you did arm tiredness would be a problem well maybee not if you were a young guy but at 66 years old my arms would get tired after an hour or so of contunius riding . Ive never rode any other ryker so i dont know if there is a differance in sound. It works great on the dirt roads i ride also gravel has no effect on it either it just blows right through it
salsa
Year: 2014
Color: Forza red

Post by salsa »

Good for you! We're considering a Can Am Spyder for my hubby. I'll still ride my Forza but he had an accident on his bicycle, breaking his arm/elbow very badly and then a couple of years later, he hit black ice on his Forza, breaking his other arm. He's a writer so those are pretty much "job killers" for a while. He has decided it would be best not to be on 2 wheels anymore, but still wants to ride. The Spyder looks like a wonderful option for him. And, we could easily ride together on it occasionally, which could help with that lower mpg.
big bear
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by big bear »

another rainy day so i took the ryker for a 15 mile ride at least yesterday was dry and i was able to ride both the x max and the pcx had to go to the dollar store and everything fit under the seat of the x max
big bear
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by big bear »

33 degrees and 25 mile an hour winds i put on as many clothes as i could and heated gloves and took the ryker for a ride. Ive got almost 500 miles of rainy weather riding on it so far wont be long and ill be trying it out in the snow
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

Having 3 wheels is a plus in gusty winds! :D
big bear
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by big bear »

yes theres a video on you tube of a guy riding in canada in 4 inches of snow the ryker just blows right through it
big bear
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by big bear »

yes theres a video on you tube of a guy riding in canada in 4 inches of snow the ryker just blows right through it
Gil
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: black

Post by Gil »

How does the Ryker compare to riding a scooter.
ImageImage
  • 2013 Honda PCX 150, NCY Variator kit, Dr Pulley 13g Roller weights
  • IRC and City Grip tires, LED driving lights, Coroplast top box, MFR exhaust, Daytona Windshield.
big bear
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by big bear »

its not like riding a scooter at all its kinda like a street legal ATV ive heard it called a snowmobile with wheels but ive never ridden a snowmobile so i cant compare the two. As far as storage there is none really you have to buy it aftermarket. I bought it for rainy days and theres alot of dirt roads where i ride plus as long as the snow isint real bad you can ride it on snowy days to and you dont have to worry about hitting a slick spot and going down i cant stand being stuck indoors so hopefully ill be able to do more winter riding with the ryker
Gil
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: black

Post by Gil »

big bear wrote:its not like riding a scooter at all its kinda like a street legal ATV ive heard it called a snowmobile with wheels but ive never ridden a snowmobile so i cant compare the two. As far as storage there is none really you have to buy it aftermarket. I bought it for rainy days and theres alot of dirt roads where i ride plus as long as the snow isint real bad you can ride it on snowy days to and you dont have to worry about hitting a slick spot and going down i cant stand being stuck indoors so hopefully ill be able to do more winter riding with the ryker

It definitely looks fun. I like the stability of three wheels, but the downside is that I can't split lanes with it, here in california. It's a cool ride though and I might just get one at some point in the future, as it looks fun.

Gil
ImageImage
  • 2013 Honda PCX 150, NCY Variator kit, Dr Pulley 13g Roller weights
  • IRC and City Grip tires, LED driving lights, Coroplast top box, MFR exhaust, Daytona Windshield.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Old Grinner wrote:Not sure where I should have posted this but the thought of Amish folks riding their horse drawn buggies down a road and then seeing an ATV got me to thinking. The only thing missing in the picture was a high tech critter chasing something.

Actually seems a bit scary.

All that said, Halloween is right around the corner . . .. :roll:

That is a bit unnerving.
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

That is a bit unnerving.
Yeah . . ..

It's like the smartest of the smart are playing God with science.

But, the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

big bear
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by big bear »

alot of rain here high winds trees down i have no electric ive got the generator running. But i still have internet cable tv and phone. It was probly a bad idea but i rode the ryker for a 12 miler through the rain and wind
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: blk

Post by easyrider »

Does it feel like a go cart when riding ie being low to the gound.?
big bear
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by big bear »

yea it does its nothing like riding a 2 wheel bike like i said i bought it to ride in nasty weather where i live we get 4 months of mostly terrible weather every year and im trying to keep from getting cabin fever