6 foot on 2nd gen model?

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Scottish
Regular User
Regular User

6 foot on 2nd gen model?

Post by Scottish »

Just about to pull the trigger on a 2nd gen Forza, however my location is fairly remote so its difficult to get a test ride, can any 6ft owners shed some light?..is it a bit cramped?
whats the consensus ??
Old Scoot
Regular User
Regular User

Re: 6 foot on 2nd gen model?

Post by Old Scoot »

I don't know what year a 2nd gen model is but I have a 2020 Forza 300 and sit quite comfortably and I'm 1.86 m [6'1"] There is enough leg and foot space to sit relaxed behind the handlebar
Scottish
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Scottish »

Old Scoot wrote:I don't know what year a 2nd gen model is but I have a 2020 Forza 300 and sit quite comfortably and I'm 1.86 m [6'1"] There is enough leg and foot space to sit relaxed behind the handlebar
I think thats all I needed to hear :D
yep 2018 onwards is the 2nd gen
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

It'll probably be less cramped than the original because the seat is higher relative to the footboards (and the ground)
Your height is less of a factor than your leg length.
Plenty review videos.
Mr. Fish said he would buy one despite it being a bit small for him, but I believe he's a really big fella.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Silversmurfer

Post by Silversmurfer »

gn2 wrote:It'll probably be less cramped than the original because the seat is higher relative to the footboards (and the ground)
Plenty review videos.
Mr. Fish said he would buy one despite it being a bit small for him, but I believe he's a really big fella.
He's 6ft2 but supposedly with incredibly long thigh bones, as he always points out.
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

Silversmurfer wrote:
gn2 wrote:It'll probably be less cramped than the original because the seat is higher relative to the footboards (and the ground)
Plenty review videos.
He's 6ft2 but supposedly with incredibly long thigh bones, as he always points out.
The Fish is 6'3"+, and 230 these days. And yes, one thigh is longer than the other, putting one knee closer to the front of a 2014 Forza than the other.
Hence I turn right a lot.
Once started hitch-hiking from Mass. to Florida in 1967 and ended up in San Diego. True story.
My knees were close to the front of a Forza - but never was a problem...they didn't touch.
Loved that Big Red Forza.
Fish
Silversmurfer

Post by Silversmurfer »

fish wrote:
Silversmurfer wrote:
Plenty review videos.
The Fish is 6'3"+, and 230 these days. And yes, one thigh is longer than the other, putting one knee closer to the front of a 2014 Forza than the other.
Hence I turn right a lot.
Once started hitch-hiking from Mass. to Florida in 1967 and ended up in San Diego. True story.
My knees were close to the front of a Forza - but never was a problem...they didn't touch.
Loved that Big Red Forza.
Fish
https://youtu.be/f1ftL2MkBAQ?t=79

It's funny, I actually took that statement from your Forza 300 video.

But just to ask, what was the reason why you didn't buy one of these Forza 300's? I'm stuck between buying myself a Forza 300, CRF250 Rally or NC750X myself and I know you've driven all, so any advice is appreciated.
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

Well, this is embarrassing.
I am FISH.
But I am Not Mr Fish on youtube. Also, he talks funny....
And I did buy a 1st gen Forza.

Fish
Silversmurfer

Post by Silversmurfer »

fish wrote:Well, this is embarrassing.
I am FISH.
But I am Not Mr Fish on youtube. Also, he talks funny....
And I did buy a 1st gen Forza.

Fish
Confuse me again again and I'll make you a fish dish.. :P

Yeah, he does talk funny, he's the kind of guy who would refer to himself as "The fish", pretty sure he did in a couple of videos.

Either way, to the OP, I've watched several videos on the Forza 300 and what every person who is about 6 ft tall complains about is that the windscreen isn't tall enough. But everyone also agrees the seat is good.

You could do what I'm doing though and wait for next years (unconfirmed) Forza 350, which while the seat won't be better will feature a taller wind screen.

I say "Unconfirmed" but there's like a 99% chance it'll come to Europe.
Old Scoot
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Old Scoot »

Silversmurfer wrote:............ I've watched several videos on the Forza 300 and what every person who is about 6 ft tall complains about is that the windscreen isn't tall enough......
That was the first thing I changed, I bought a GIVI D1166ST screen and it's about 11 cm taller and about 8 cm wider then the original screen and I'm very happy I changed it.
Silversmurfer wrote:.....But everyone also agrees the seat is good......
I've sat on comfier seats and yes even the seat of my Heinkel. It gets uncomfortable for me after 30 to 45 minutes of riding maybe I have to get used to it.
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2014
Color: Silver

Post by davenowherejones »

Don’t change your seat, change your ass.

I have a fat ass. It needs changing.

More riding, less McDonald’s.
Old Scoot
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Old Scoot »

davenowherejones wrote:Don’t change your seat, change your ass.
Hard to do that :lol:

davenowherejones wrote:More riding, less McDonald’s.
More riding I can do ;) McDonalds has been a no go for more than 30 years.