Tinted Visors

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

savionkuphal
Year: 1
Color: red

Tinted Visors

Post by savionkuphal »

Just got home after an interesting ride over the Moors, basically cloudy, cloudy, BLIND due to the low and direct sunlight. I have now got home safely, but I am interested and motivated :lol: to get a tinted visor sorted for my LS2 helmet.

I know in the UK the plod tends to whinge, so I am wondering those in the UK what options do you use? I wear glasses and while I could get a prescription pair of sunglasses my preferred optician takes two weeks at best preparing new pairs. I am interested in both stick on visors to my current clear, and if I can find them additional pre-tinted visors for my LS2 helmet.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Re: Tinted Visors

Post by you you »

You should be fine with a tinted visor, the police couldn’t care less nowerdays
Old Scoot
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Old Scoot »

my helmet has a built in sun visor that I can slide down, just like a fighter pilot helmet
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

For those without a tinted sun visor on their helmet, I have a suggestion. There is a temporary tinted material used in cars for children that you could cut a strip from and stick across the eyelevel area on your visor. Here is a link to give you an idea as to what I am talking about.

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07DNZV68J/ ... UTF8&psc=1
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

My helmet has a drop-down tint visor.....my main problem with it is in riding in and out of shadows on a bright day (a tree lined road) by using it I've also darkened the shadows!!

So, since I ride nearly every day with a very low sun I add a strip of blue painters tape to the top of my clear visor. Just above my normal line of vision.
Now I'm riding without looking through any tint - still seeing clearly into the shadows - - and the slightest tip down of my head gets the tape to block even the lowest sun 99% of the time.
As I said - I go through this situation on nearly every ride I take - and have found the tape to be the best solution on a full face helmet.

Fish
op3l
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2019
Color: Black

Post by op3l »

I have a OGK Aeroblade 5 which has a clear shield and no internal sun visor. I solved that by getting a cheap $10 pair of sun glasses. Trick of the sun glasses is to get one with flat plastic blade like frames and it'll slide/fit into helmet nicely.

Most helmets now have places for glasses to go in the padding so shouldn't be an issue.
Marko

Post by Marko »

I once had a photochromatic anti-fog visor insert, it worked very well in English weather. I've not used it since moving to Portugal, as visor fogging is not usually, a problem here.
Ex.Honda PCX 125, (Red 2012) Now PCX 150 (2015 Grey). Honda VFR V-TEC, Quadzilla (SMC) 300 XLC (quad bike), Yamaha YFM 350 Raptor Quad
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Sunglasses are no use because you can't swap between clear and tint on the go.
Which you need to be able to do.
Pop-down sunvisor eqipped helmet is my preferred option.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
halluinoid
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2018
Color: blue

Post by halluinoid »

Old Scoot wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:53 am my helmet has a built in sun visor that I can slide down, just like a fighter pilot helmet
yeah , mine too since I got a new crash helmet in 2018, trouble was that the shop did not tell me :x that there was a button on the outside of the helmet that lowers the sun visor, so for the first year I was pulling the visor with my fingertips from inside the helmet it was a nightmare :cry:

finally I fouind out there was a button on the outside which previously I had no idea about :oops:
2018 Honda Forza 300cc