~ Honda ADV150 ~

General Honda ADV150 chat, questions about the ADV150, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Aries68
Year: 2021 ADV 150
Color: Matte Black

~ Honda ADV150 ~

Post by Aries68 »

Since there is no category for this bike yet, I wanted to say I finally purchased a scooter!

It's a Honda ADV150 and I couldn't be more thrilled. It's very cool looking and is basically a PCX with better suspension and a new facelift. I love it! Most fun I've had on two wheels in my life. I've owned motorcycles and bicycles and there's no comparison to how fun "Twist-N-Go" can be. It turns plenty of heads and can go off-road too if I desired. Not that I would do that, but it's capable with more aggressive (correct word?) tires and beefier suspension.

If you're in the market for a new scooter check it out!
It's About The Journey!
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Re: ~ Honda ADV150 ~

Post by fish »

Another new scooter with a drum brake?!
Need to see it beside a known scooter....as always the promo pix use a child-sized rider approaching it or astride it.
$4300 plus a lot of dealer fees for a 150...close to $5K was it OTD? Kymco K Pipe gets a lot of looks, too...at $2400.
Honda, but no red?!
Fish
relic
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red white

Post by relic »

2015 I paid $3000 US on the road for a new 2013 model PCX that had been sitting in a dealership waiting to be adopted.
At 5 grand US for ADV150 might have been a bit of a stretch.
That being said if I was still in my prime earning years with many years to ride would have seriously considered the ADV.
big bear
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2016
Color: silver

Post by big bear »

as far as going on dirt roads im thinking the zuma still is a better dirt road scooter
alx123
Bangkok Rider
Bangkok Rider
Color: Fast White

Post by alx123 »

It's not a drum brake, though unfortunately here in Thailand, only the front is ABS equipped.

The lack of rear ABS and the 13-inch rear wheel turned me off.

This scoot will be a nice daily commute though, especially is you usually mix paved and some bumpy roads.

Offroad, nope.
Everything looks better from the inside of a motorcycle helmet...
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I just looked up the specs and it says, concerning the rear brake: "Mechanical 130mm drum"

I think that means drum brake, so braking is not any better than a PCX. I have an older PCX and I can say that the back brake is its weak spot.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
alx123
Bangkok Rider
Bangkok Rider
Color: Fast White

Post by alx123 »

Dang, it's quite sad that they're always selling the lowest possible specs for their bikes there with the highest possible price.

Some countries got ABS on their PCX's front brakes and ADV150 has both and rear disc brakes with front ABS.
Everything looks better from the inside of a motorcycle helmet...
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

alx123 wrote:Dang, it's quite sad that they're always selling the lowest possible specs for their bikes there with the highest possible price.

Some countries got ABS on their PCX's front brakes and ADV150 has both and rear disc brakes with front ABS.
Maybe Thailand was lucky in that Honda saw fit to upgrade the rear brake to disc, but here in the United States we have yet to see rear disc brakes on a PCX or the new ADV150. I can't imagine Honda listening to us and giving future ones dual disc brakes. Scooter sales in our country are just a drop in a bucket compared to Asia and Europe.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
Aries68
Year: 2021 ADV 150
Color: Matte Black

Post by Aries68 »

Yeah, I wasn't too concerned about the lack of a disk brake in the rear. I paid $5,000 out the door after all said and done. True, a little more than I would have liked, but new PCX 150s are difficult to find in my area and I was getting impatient. My local dealer had three ADV150s in stock and once I saw one in person I really liked it. It's hard to tell from pictures, but in front of one it's really cool for a "scooter". My rides will be mostly paved roads and very casual riding. For me it seems like a good fit. I could have found a used scooter online probably for half the price, but at the same time I didn't want to inherit someone else's problem child. You just never know. I feel like I am justifying my purchase here, but hey, I like it. :) That's what matters. No, it's not for everyone and that's why they make lots of different scoots! So far it rides really nice and has plenty of zip. I don't ride it hard and never plan to, so it should give me many years of enjoyment.
It's About The Journey!
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

When I had my PCX the rear drum brake never gave me any problems.

But I have to say that I do prefer disc brakes front and rear for the ease of maintenance. Plus there's not so much concern about brake dust building up . . ..

I did get a lot of compliments on the design of my PCX and folks were amazed with the fuel economy. The ADV looks even more impressive . . . more futuristic

Enjoy your new scooter . . . life is short and the miles are plenty! :D
BACracer
Year: 2021
Color: Matt Black

Post by BACracer »

I bought the new ADV150 in July. I also own a 2018 BMW K1600B that I was riding to work everyday. But I work at City Hall, Ground Zero for protesters which they kept messing with my bike, so I bought the ADV to commute to work, so far they haven't messed with it. Turns out that I like this scooter so much, I put the Beemer up for sale. I haven't own a car since I traded it in on a Motorcycle back in October 2010, been riding everyday since. I was hoping that Honda would bring the X-ADV 750 over from Europe, but they won't. Doesn't meet DOT specs here. I have owned quite a few scooters from the Yamaha Zuma to BMW C650GT, but none of those scooters put a smile on my face like this ADV. I love this scooter!
BACracer

Post by BACracer »

I cannot find any info on how to adjust the headlights on the ADV150, not even from the Honda service department. It is not the same as the PCX. Please let me know if you hear anything!
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

I cannot find any info on how to adjust the headlights on the ADV150, not even from the Honda service department. It is not the same as the PCX. Please let me know if you hear anything!
I looked at the 2021 U.S. version OM that is downloadable from the Honda web page and I couldn't find any reference to headlight adjustment either. They do say that all the bulbs on the ADV-150 are LED and if you have any problems to take to a Honda dealer (in so many words).

There is an adjustment for the windscreen you can do yourself but you already knew that right? . . ..

Thanks for bringing that to our attention. If anyone else is interested in getting a new ADV-150 it will be good for them to know in advance so they can ask questions before they buy it. :geek:

Getting around on a scooter is indeed simple and easy compared to a fast, heavy, big bike. At the end of the day you still get from point A to point B. :D
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Aries68, look again! There is an ADV150 Forum :P
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
BACracer

Post by BACracer »

I had my ADV 150 in the shop for it's 600 mile service. I asked the mechanic to let me know how to adjust the headlight aim. Turns out that there is no adjustment at all. So, I went and ordered the rear shocks and kickstand for a PCX 150. The PCX rear shocks are 2 inches shorter, so that should lift my headlight aim up higher, so I won't need to ride with the high beams on all the time. Also, the ADV rear shocks are too stiff, much stiffer than the front forks, so I should have a softer ride. I will have them installed this weekend (Oct 31st)).
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax
Color: White

Post by Jge64 »

Be careful, the center stand may drag if you dropped the rear that much....
Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI
BACracer

Post by BACracer »

Ok, so I had the new PCX rear shocks & side stand installed on my ADV150. It dropped the rear end and lifted the headlights up to the perfect height, no need to use the hi-beams all the time, and the shorter side stand works perfectly. The PCX rear shocks are softer and gives a much better ride, and they match the front suspension in softness. The scooter handles great, if not better now, and I haven't scraped the side stand. I am very happy with this mod.
BACracer

Post by BACracer »

Here is my ADV150
Attachments
IMG_6788.jpeg
IMG_6788.jpeg (42.71 KiB) Viewed 6014 times
kebabby
Year: 2020
Color: red

Post by kebabby »

BACracer wrote:I cannot find any info on how to adjust the headlights on the ADV150, not even from the Honda service department. It is not the same as the PCX. Please let me know if you hear anything!
Page 102 here https://2rom-prd-data.hondamotopub.com/ ... A020_0.pdf
kebabby
Year: 2020
Color: red

Post by kebabby »

Recently bought myself an ADV150 in Thailand. I managed to get the old colour way in red. I love it, been using a PCX and Nmax for the last few years and much prefer this. Will mod the clutch to get some extra acceleration.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/zCLQtPbZNprjemjV9