How is the Forza on unpaved roads?

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Silversmurfer

How is the Forza on unpaved roads?

Post by Silversmurfer »

Mostly a stupid question but I would appreciate accurate answers. Considering to buy a Forza for pleasure and fishing trips.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Re: How is the Forza on unpaved roads?

Post by gn2 »

Forza on unpaved roads? Fairly useless.
A Royal Enfield Himalayan is the tool you need.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2014
Color: Silver

Post by davenowherejones »

Actually it not bad on unpaved roads. I have hundreds of kilometers on unpaved roads.

You have to ride to the conditions. It is not a dirt bike. You have to go really, really slow. You go around the pot holes.

It only has two inches of suspension.

I have had dual sports before the Forza.

The Heidenau K66 was the best tire I have tried on gravel.

I did a bit of under construction gravel road today on my Michelin City Grip 2 Mud & Snow tire. I had no problems.

I did 10 km sections of gravel on my trip to Dawson City, Yukon, Canada last year. No problems at all. Tons of dust and quite fast for gravel.

I have also done local logging roads. You just have to go slow and watch where you are going.

I have done really steep long gravel roads and the CVT has not given me any problems.

Wet gravel is OK. I would not want to go through really deep puddles.

Normal rain is not a problem. I have thousands of kilometers in the rain.

You do have to check all of the bolts often. I lost two of the false swingarm bolts around Fort St John last year. Locktite is your friend.

It is not a dirt bike but can handle long sections if you are careful.

Where are you? What do you call gravel?
Austins
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2016 Forza 300
Color: White

Post by Austins »

Small wheels not happy on potholes, but smooth gravel surface no problem...
I have been on 10 or so kilometers of unpaved road last year with that red clay - no idea why they use that red clay here in Thailand, and it was fine, except the whole underside of the bike turned to red color, pain to clean it all up...
Silversmurfer

Post by Silversmurfer »

davenowherejones wrote:Actually it not bad on unpaved roads. I have hundreds of kilometers on unpaved roads.

You have to ride to the conditions. It is not a dirt bike. You have to go really, really slow. You go around the pot holes.

It only has two inches of suspension.

I have had dual sports before the Forza.

The Heidenau K66 was the best tire I have tried on gravel.

I did a bit of under construction gravel road today on my Michelin City Grip 2 Mud & Snow tire. I had no problems.

I did 10 km sections of gravel on my trip to Dawson City, Yukon, Canada last year. No problems at all. Tons of dust and quite fast for gravel.

I have also done local logging roads. You just have to go slow and watch where you are going.

I have done really steep long gravel roads and the CVT has not given me any problems.

Wet gravel is OK. I would not want to go through really deep puddles.

Normal rain is not a problem. I have thousands of kilometers in the rain.

You do have to check all of the bolts often. I lost two of the false swingarm bolts around Fort St John last year. Locktite is your friend.

It is not a dirt bike but can handle long sections if you are careful.

Where are you? What do you call gravel?
Logging and mountain roads are pretty much it. Just places you might need to go to get to a lake.

From what you say though, it's more or less what I expected.
ghmpm
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: red

Post by ghmpm »

I tried my Forza on several miles of dirt/gravel roads. These were well-maintained roads but dirt. I agree with Dave above, go SLOW and watch the terrain and you will be fine.
Glenn

2012 Honda Silver Wing

2015 Honda Forza 300