Goodbye Forza 300 and Welcome NC750D Integra.

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Limey
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 16 Forza/16 PCX
Color: Red/Maroon

Re: Goodbye Forza 300 and Welcome NC750D Integra.

Post by Limey »

Old Scoot wrote: my Heinkel only had the front brake on the right side of the handlebar and the rear brake was a foot pedal on the foot board.
As an aside (and, sorry, off topic but I couldn't resist!)....

this the only Heinkel I ever saw (I took this over Pueblo, CO from a C-45):
HEINK4.JPG
HEINK4.JPG (22.14 KiB) Viewed 1186 times
and this is me standing by it on the ground:
HEINK1.JPG
HEINK1.JPG (41.75 KiB) Viewed 1186 times
Merry Christmas!
Old Scoot
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Old Scoot »

Nice plane, used to have a 144 scale model of that one and a lot more WW II model planes

but here is a photo of a Heinkel scooter:
Heinkel Tourist (1).jpg
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

Yesterday I watched some great YouTube videos about the development of the Spitfire and it's various improvements from the early days until the end of the war.

Eventually the 300 plus MPH speeds would be improved to do over 400 MPH to be able to spar with the Focke-Wulf 190.

That said the designer, Mitchell, was suffering from poor health but continued as best he could until his death from cancer.

It took special talents to be able to produce the Spitfire from a factory floor perspective. It challenged the employees and a bigger plant had to be built to meet the demand for more planes. It was a race against time. . ..

Sorry to get off topic but thanks for sharing the photos! :geek:
mikeoc
Year: 2020 Forza 300

Post by mikeoc »

thegoony wrote: Its still bad here, I live in next town to Dover, so the whole area is just one big jam. Its all mostly single carriageway A roads here, so you can imagine with all the lorries its madness, even on a bike you just dont know which roads are closed by police as changes all the time....
Oh crikey, we've all seen this disaster unfolding on the national news, absolutely unbelievable - I hope now the borders have re-opened that it resolves swiftly! o_O
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Limey wrote:
Old Scoot wrote: my Heinkel only had the front brake on the right side of the handlebar and the rear brake was a foot pedal on the foot board.

HEINK4.JPG
HEINK1.JPG
Merry Christmas!

Wow. Interesting and impressive pictures.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

There's one thing common to all scooters, as well as being scooters, they are all motorcycles.
But not all motorcycles are scooters.
The NC750 platform really isn't a scooter no matter what Honda's marketing department says.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Limey wrote:

HEINK4.JPG
HEINK1.JPG
Merry Christmas!
Amazing photos, didn't think there was any of them left flying.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
thegoony
Year: 2020
Color: Grey Forza 300

Post by thegoony »

mikeoc wrote:
thegoony wrote: Its still bad here, I live in next town to Dover, so the whole area is just one big jam. Its all mostly single carriageway A roads here, so you can imagine with all the lorries its madness, even on a bike you just dont know which roads are closed by police as changes all the time....
Oh crikey, we've all seen this disaster unfolding on the national news, absolutely unbelievable - I hope now the borders have re-opened that it resolves swiftly! o_O
Thing is everyone feeels sorry for these lorry drivers, but they are there own worse enemy. Those that blocked Dover, all jumped the queue on M20 and Manston. even in mormal times they park in really bad and quite often illegal places i.e blocking escape lanes down A2 Jubilee Way, littering roadside with their bottles of urine & carrier bags of faeces, there are 2 truck parks in Dover alone, both usually with plenty spaces, yet they wont use them as they have to pay, and pocket the expense money their company has given them.
Current Ride: Forza 300 Matt Grey
Previous Rides: Honda Integra 750, Kawasaki AR125, Sinnis Phoenix 50, Honda NC750S
Limey
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 16 Forza/16 PCX
Color: Red/Maroon

Post by Limey »

gn2 wrote: Amazing photos, didn't think there was any of them left flying.
This one was the last one, owned by the Confederate Air Force and was a Spanish Civil War veteran. Sadly it crashed at Cheyenne, WY a few months after we flew with her, killing all on board.

Someone mentioned the Spitfire. I was fortunate enough to get to be in one at the Aspen Air Show some years ago. A rare 2-seater. The group I was in flew our planes in airshows and we did WWII living history. This is us (me in the cockpit):
MNHSPI~1.JPG
MNHSPI~1.JPG (14.89 KiB) Viewed 1151 times
group4.jpg
group4.jpg (19.68 KiB) Viewed 1151 times
You can see more of our pics on my old website at: http://the-hunts.000webhostapp.com/Orig ... IISLCT.HTM

Again - sorry for hijacking this thread - Merry Christmas to you all!
thegoony

Post by thegoony »

One big plus, my Integra never got blown over in any storm. First storm for Forza and got blown over..Fortunately only a scratched bar end, exhaust cover and 1 mirror casing, all parts ordered already..
Previous Rides: Honda Integra 750, Kawasaki AR125, Sinnis Phoenix 50, Honda NC750S
mikeoc
Year: 2020 Forza 300

Post by mikeoc »

Sorry to hear that, I haven't experienced it myself (yet). I guess at least you could pick the Forza up yourself, I wasn't able to lift the Integra the one time it went down (female driver, u-turn out the blue). Was it on side or centre stand?
thegoony

Post by thegoony »

Was on side stand, luckily body work wasnt harmed only the bar end, plastic cover on exhaust and the front mirror casing....