2016 Forza 300 Exhaust Inner and outer Diameter

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

iLoveWagons
Year: 2016
Color: Red

2016 Forza 300 Exhaust Inner and outer Diameter

Post by iLoveWagons »

Hello Folks,

New 2016 Honda Forza owner here.

I've been trying to find out some info on the 2016 model header and I figured i'd ask here before I take the exhaust apart.

I have t2o questions:
1. is the exhaust a one piece or two piece ?
2. if it's a 2 piece, does anybody know the Inner and Outer Diameter of the exhaust pipe where it's connecting to the muffler ?

I'm looking to put on a lighter aftermarket slip on, most likely a shorty from m4 or yushimura, from a CB300F as it's a similar sized engine. I'll probably go second hand at least for testing purposes.
I'd expect an aftermarket exhaust to free up a bit of exhaust flow; since I bet the stock is more restrictive; not looking for massive power gains; mostly to lower the weight and get something smaller looking so I can better clean the area behind the exhaust.

Thanks and looking forward to modding with you guys
iLoveWagons

Re: 2016 Forza 300 Exhaust Inner and outer Diameter

Post by iLoveWagons »

I see that the exhaust is two piece and really easy to take off. I'll post back here the outer diameter of the section that connects to the slip on.
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2014
Color: Silver

Post by davenowherejones »

Trivial power gain and trivial weight loss but some guys like to play.

There is a relatively expensive exhaust gasket in the header pipe that is supposed to be replaced EVERY time it comes apart. I can usually get it apart about 3 times before it needs replacing. The clamp between the two breaks after a few times on and off also.

I like my bikes as quiet as I can get and I am hearing impaired but some guys like to play.

There is an order to replacing the stock muffler but I can never remember if it is top bolt and then the bottom two or the other way around. It does matter. I think it is the back bottom, front bottom and then the top. I should look it up. I am too tired.
iLoveWagons

Post by iLoveWagons »

Interesting; that's good to know about the order; I'll take extra careful when I take it off.

Did you do any mods to your forza ?
davenowherejones wrote:Trivial power gain and trivial weight loss but some guys like to play.

There is a relatively expensive exhaust gasket in the header pipe that is supposed to be replaced EVERY time it comes apart. I can usually get it apart about 3 times before it needs replacing. The clamp between the two breaks after a few times on and off also.

I like my bikes as quiet as I can get and I am hearing impaired but some guys like to play.

There is an order to replacing the stock muffler but I can never remember if it is top bolt and then the bottom two or the other way around. It does matter. I think it is the back bottom, front bottom and then the top. I should look it up. I am too tired.
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

My Forza is mostly stock. I tilted the handle bars down a bit. I put a massive 55 litre top box on the back. And I have non-stock tires. I added some questionable LED headlights and some auxiliary front LED lights. My tail lights have some LED's and I have a goofy Admore combo tail light/turn signal.

I have replaced most of the plastic rivets with sheet metal screws.

My Forza originally came third hand to me with no oil in the forks. It was awful and dangerous. Heavier oil was added and it became rideable.

My exhaust is stock and so is my engine with 135,804 km on it. I am short 5'6" so the stock seat is just fine.

I also added the Honda Tall screen for more wind protection.

I did have an iPhone on a RAM mount under my screen but the print was too small for my 60 year old eyes. I took the phone off and when a lady asked why I had a butt plug on my dash, I removed the RAM mount also.
iLoveWagons

Post by iLoveWagons »

ok so it turns out the diameter of the exhaust header at the muffler side is 28.75mm outer diameter and I also measured the length of the muffler itself and it's around 450-465mm.
If i can find a slip on that's shorter in length than that, and perhaps a more oval shape, it should have a much smaller foot print than stock.

Will do a proper build thread about it when i have all the info.
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

I need to replace the exhaust gasket at the engine head. I think I have broken loose the cap nuts. I will try to remove them later today.

I am waiting for my local dealer to get me the $8 CDN gasket.

The neighbours have been complaining about the noise. I am hearing impaired, what noise?
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

I found out you need a 3/8 socket 12mm to get the cap nuts off or a 12mm deep 1/4 drive socket.

The cap nut threads are coarse so the chance of stripping them is less.

Now I wait. Which container ship out of China has my gasket?

Is it a standard size gasket I can buy elsewhere?
canthai
Regular User
Regular User

Post by canthai »

Copper works well. Lasts forever. Shape with a small ball peen hammer.
Or Hi Temp gasket paper, with a coat of Hi Temp Copper RTV on both sides.
You can even use just the Copper RTV but easier to coat a gasket.
canthai
Regular User
Regular User

Post by canthai »

uc.jpg
uc.jpg (38.01 KiB) Viewed 1056 times