coolant leak?

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

luciddream2
Year: 2013
Color: RED

coolant leak?

Post by luciddream2 »

Hi, I just purchased a used 2015 PCX. I noticed the coolant level was low when looking at the coolant reservoir. I opened the top, looked down inside and did not see any coolant. I stuck a screwdriver down in there and it came out dry. I topped it off with maybe 2 oz of coolant. I didn't measure it, but it didn't take very much before it was up to level. When I say, "level" I mean slightly above the low level mark on the reservoir. It immediately leaked out a few drops. I wiped it off, did not start the scooter. Checked it the next day and a few more drops were on my garage floor. Is there an overflow tube on the reservoir? Is it possible it came from there? I'm going to take the lower plastic off so I can get a better look, but I was just wondering what everyone's thoughts were on this.

Thanks,
Dana
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Re: coolant leak?

Post by you you »

luciddream2 wrote:Hi, I just purchased a used 2015 PCX. I noticed the coolant level was low when looking at the coolant reservoir. I opened the top, looked down inside and did not see any coolant. I stuck a screwdriver down in there and it came out dry. I topped it off with maybe 2 oz of coolant. I didn't measure it, but it didn't take very much before it was up to level. When I say, "level" I mean slightly above the low level mark on the reservoir. It immediately leaked out a few drops. I wiped it off, did not start the scooter. Checked it the next day and a few more drops were on my garage floor. Is there an overflow tube on the reservoir? Is it possible it came from there? I'm going to take the lower plastic off so I can get a better look, but I was just wondering what everyone's thoughts were on this.

Thanks,
Dana

My thoughts are..stop fiddling with it.

Other thoughts will be along soon
Gil
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: black

Re: coolant leak?

Post by Gil »

Some owners have had the reservoir tank crack and leak coolant.
ImageImage
  • 2013 Honda PCX 150, NCY Variator kit, Dr Pulley 13g Roller weights
  • IRC and City Grip tires, LED driving lights, Coroplast top box, MFR exhaust, Daytona Windshield.