What do I need to fit a generic top case on my 2015 PCX?

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

luciddream2
Year: 2013
Color: RED

What do I need to fit a generic top case on my 2015 PCX?

Post by luciddream2 »

I have this generic top case my son-in-law gave me. It came with his Honda Shadow that he bought. It has the case and the mount that fits the case. The mount doesn't fit my PCX. Do I buy a universal rack for my PCX and then attach the mount for this top case to that? I'm a little confused as to how to do this and I don't want to waste money on parts I don't need or end up with a mess. I feel like an idiot for not being able to figure this out myself. :? I can change my oil, change my belt and variator weights, etc., but just confused when it comes to what all I need to mount this to the bike.

Any help is appreciated! :)

Lucid
MikeP
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: White /red

Re: What do I need to fit a generic top case on my 2015 PCX?

Post by MikeP »

I would suggest a factory rack for your year of PCX. Once that is installed, you will be able to bolt on the mount that came with the case assuming it is flat. You will have to line up the mount where you want the box to sit and drill holes in the rack to bolt it on. Be mindful that the box is far enough back that you can still open the seat.
I have mounted pelican cases, milk crates and Givi boxes and it’s all the same process.
Happiness is two wheels and a full tank of gas!
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

MikeP wrote:I have mounted pelican cases, milk crates and Givi boxes and it’s all the same process.
Not quite. The pelicans don't like being put in a case. I would suggest putting the case on BEFORE putting the pelicans in. Otherwise it gets a bit tricky. :lol: :oops:
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
luciddream2
Color: RED

Post by luciddream2 »

Ok, that is what I was thinking I would have to do. Thanks for your help!

Have a great day!

MikeP wrote:I would suggest a factory rack for your year of PCX. Once that is installed, you will be able to bolt on the mount that came with the case assuming it is flat. You will have to line up the mount where you want the box to sit and drill holes in the rack to bolt it on. Be mindful that the box is far enough back that you can still open the seat.
I have mounted pelican cases, milk crates and Givi boxes and it’s all the same process.