4 Pin connector for OBD2 device

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

CamboForza
Year: 2015
Color: White

4 Pin connector for OBD2 device

Post by CamboForza »

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if they have used the 4 pin to 16 pin cables and hooked up an OBD2 device??

I know there is a DTC Diagnostic Trouble Code connector but unsure if an OBD2 will work on it.

Also, it is supposed to be near the battery but I think it is elsewhere, anyone know??

I don't really have any issues, I just want to hook it up and have a look.
Honda Forza 300
YSS Front and Rear Upgrade
19 Gram Sliders
glencoeman
Regular User
Regular User

Re: 4 Pin connector for OBD2 device

Post by glencoeman »

The diagnostic plug is behind the right hand glove box. You have to remove two screws at the top of the glove box (you will see them when you open the glove box) and then remove the top cover where you will see the fuses and the diagnostic plug.
CamboForza

Post by CamboForza »

Cheers, I thought it must be that one. I'll see what happens when I book it up.
Honda Forza 300
19 Gram Sliders
iLoveWagons
Year: 2016
Color: Red

Post by iLoveWagons »

Let us know how it goes.

Any idea if you can fiddle with the fuel mapping from the OBD2 Port ? or do you have to hook directly into the ECU ?
CamboForza wrote:Cheers, I thought it must be that one. I'll see what happens when I book it up.
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2014
Color: Silver

Post by davenowherejones »

Be prepared to buy an ECU if you start remapping it without being an expert.

It is not impossible to do but probably not worth the risk for a slight if any improvement. BTDT.
Old Scoot
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Old Scoot »

Make a copy if you can, in case the engine doesn't work properly after you changed things you can reinstall the correct mapping
CamboForza

Post by CamboForza »

I'm only using it to see what data I can get out of it not to remap anything. I think you'd need something different to do that. It's still in the post at this time. I'm going to be able to log data as I drive, mainly air fuel ratio if possible.
Honda Forza 300
19 Gram Sliders
Austins
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2016 Forza 300

Post by Austins »

They sell the software for remapping of Forza ECU here including cables with connector for a special offer of ~US$55 here in Thailand...

I like to remap mine but don't dare do it myself, the recommendation is to buy another ECU, new or used, then play with that, any issue, can just plug back in the original...

They say both Honda old and new models are highly tuned to get better fuel consumption, and be Euro3/4 emission compliant, throw all that out of the window and can get some more rpm and power out of it...
CamboForza

Post by CamboForza »

Austins wrote:They sell the software for remapping of Forza ECU here including cables with connector for a special offer of ~US$55 here in Thailand...

I like to remap mine but don't dare do it myself, the recommendation is to buy another ECU, new or used, then play with that, any issue, can just plug back in the original...

They say both Honda old and new models are highly tuned to get better fuel consumption, and be Euro3/4 emission compliant, throw all that out of the window and can get some more rpm and power out of it...
Have you got any more info or links.

I was able to plug in the OBD2 device and connect to my phone. I haven't been able to get it to connect to the ECU yet, I did start to go thru all the protocols, but then it started raining so I stopped. I gave it probably a good 20 minutes though.

I somehow think it's not possible with a standard OBD2 device.
Honda Forza 300
19 Gram Sliders