New Forza 350 in thailand

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax
Color: White

New Forza 350 in thailand

Post by Jge64 »

Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI
Austins
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2016 Forza 300

Re: New Forza 350 in thailand

Post by Austins »

I'm looking for BHP and torque values for this new 330cc to compare with old 279cc..., anybody find out let us know.
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax

Post by Jge64 »

Weight is good at 408 lbs, engine is 329.60 cc
Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2014
Color: Silver

Post by davenowherejones »

Why does Honda exaggerate the engine size?

Call it a Forza 330 instead of falsely calling it a Forza 350.

My almost 300 cc Forza 300 is mis-labelled. It is a Forza 280.

Bunch of liars and cheats.
alx123
Bangkok Rider
Bangkok Rider
Year: 2016
Color: Fast White

Post by alx123 »

They probably did this as the Forza 300 was a flop against the Xmax.

Does this mean Honda will stop producing the 300?

Can't wait to see cheap used 300's on the marketplace.
Everything looks better from the inside of a motorcycle helmet...
Austins
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Austins »

Honda always shortchange you on cc on most of their bikes ... ! lol

It is quite strange after only two years coming out with a new model like this, it should effect the used prices of 300, we will see...

Yamaha also has Xmax 400, but they don't sell it here in Thailand, but maybe they will after this, that also could effect used prices of Xmax...!
alx123
Bangkok Rider
Bangkok Rider
Year: 2016
Color: Fast White

Post by alx123 »

Forza 350 = $5500
Forza 300 Y2018-2019 = $5350 (used $3800 approx)
Older Forza 300 (used $2000 approx)

I was almost tempted to buy the older Forza, but now it feels like so antiquated. :lol:
Everything looks better from the inside of a motorcycle helmet...
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

More cubes alone won't be enough for the Forza to topple the mighty Xmax.
The Xmax engine is super efficient and mightily smooth.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Austins
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Austins »

I heard the opposite, Xmax is sporty and revvy, a bit jumpy throttle, yes a bit more power due to more cc and lower weight. But Forza more smooth operation and ride and better fuel consumption (efficiency)... , note only "heard"... !
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

I doubt if the Forza 350 (330) is any faster than the Forza 300 (279).

They probably had to change the engine to meet current pollution laws in Europe or China.

I am a bit surprised it is not electric.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Save your money for the next great experiment. Maybe Honda will make a PCX 200. Then they would have a really good, fast bike...or maybe they will just replace the PCX 150 with a ADV 200. Who knows? It will be interesting to see which way they go. It seems like Honda does a limited production in Thailand when they want to try out an idea. Heck, I would have been happy to have grabbed one of the few rear disc brake model PCXs they produced there a few years ago.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
Austins
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Austins »

All PCX I have seen here in Thailand were rear drum brake, maybe they import the disc ones...., although without ABS it will lock a lot at the back... someone mentioned he has organic ABS with drum brake on the back, I liked that ....lol

I heard ADV 300 maybe produced, but that is just a rumer, who knows..., now they also have 350 engine... !
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

Saw this the other day. . . used Forza 300 . . . in Rhode Island . . . same dealer who's listing the new ADV 150 in stock.

Sadly I live too far away to frequent this dealership. But they usually have a good selection of scooters in stock.

Since the pandemic I've noticed inventories of certain models seem to run scarce at dealerships in general. It's good to see 2021 models starting to appear in these tough times . . .. :roll:

https://www.razeemotorcycle.com/invento ... -10629221i
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Austins wrote:I heard the opposite, Xmax is sporty and revvy, a bit jumpy throttle, yes a bit more power due to more cc and lower weight. But Forza more smooth operation and ride and better fuel consumption (efficiency)... , note only "heard"... !
I've owned both.
The Xmax motor is far better than the Forza.
Smoother, more powerful, more economical.
Filled my Xmax tonight, 96.3 mpg average over a distance of 232.2 miles.
Never got as good as that on the Forza.
Forza 300 is by no means a bad scooter, but the Xmax 300 has a better engine.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

Filled my Xmax tonight, 96.3 mpg average over a distance of 232.2 miles.
I consistently average in the 90+ MPG range on my XMax using 87 octane (91 RON) and mostly around town riding.

My average speed is most often around 25 MPH plus or minus according to the display. It actually surprises me it's so low but then again it's a tourist area and not a place to let out the reigns.

I've had it on limited access highways and felt comfortable keeping up with the flow of traffic. That said, even on my 1200 Suzuki, the crazies who want to cruise at 80 MPH and fill my rear view mirrors as they pass in haste make me nervous.

Overall I'm quite pleased with my XMax . . .. :D
relic
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red white

Post by relic »

GN2 Old Grinner you're talking in different languages when it comes to MPG
One imperial one US.
The metric system was introduced in Canada just after I got out of high school.
Much simplier but I still have a hard time to think in that mode.
Add on top of that we are an officilaly bilingual country, english,french.
How much fluid should I add, what wrench should I use,how hot is it,how fast should I go,and what side of the cereal box should I read.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

relic wrote:GN2 Old Grinner you're talking in different languages when it comes to MPG
One imperial one US.
How much fluid should I add, what wrench should I use,how hot is it,how fast should I go,and what side of the cereal box should I read.
Read the instructions on the bottom of the cereal box only after opening the box and packaging, Make sure you turn the box over so that you can read it, even though you don't understand a word of it.
Go as fast as the sign says, but only after stopping dead in the road and looking up the conversion on Google, allowing enough room for drivers behind you to pass you while yelling in a language that you don't understand.
Oh, and fill your vehicle to the top using the overflow as your guide since you have no idea what the @#$& pump is showing anyway.

....wait, that'd be what you would do if you were a taxi driver in New York City. Oh well, maybe the same rules apply where you live.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

One of the really silly things in Canada is that the Forza MPG meter shows Miles per US Gallon.

I use a calculated miles per Imperial gallon which is actually a conversion of how many litres I pump in from my receipt and from my indicated km on my odometer.

My fuel usage meter is set on km per litre. I use indicated km/litre times 10 as my safe range.

Our towns and fuel stations can be quite far apart. I really, really pay attention to how much fuel I have.

My miles per imperial gallon varies according to how fast I go. On my recent tire blowing trip to Merritt I got 64.2 going stupidly fast, 140 km/hour but 102.8 going 60 km/hour.

I shake my head at people who do some mod to the Forza and claim they get 2 mpg improvement. A trivial amount and well within the error variation from normal. But some people just like turning wrenches.

Also of note is that the Forza indicated km or miles varies according to what size tire you have and is never precisely right.

I have a spreadsheet with every single gasoline fill up and other expenses. I have spent $19,596.72 on my Forza so far to go 134,107 kilometers. But with all 3 owners my Forza has gone 135,557 kilometers. It has cost me 15 cents per km.
Austins
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Austins »

Well, Thais have done the tests and the drag race on Forza 350 already, you can find it on YouTube...

Still no official numbers for max BHP or Torque, but in one test it does 0-100kph in 9 sec, max speed of 155-157kph (on GPS it showed max 148kph) , and left Xmax way behind all the way in the drag race... ( all stock and new bike, I have seen a modified Forza 300 do all that and pass 160kph speed, but this is a stock 350)

All expected of course with a bit more cc from 279 to 330cc...
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Mel46 wrote:
relic wrote:GN2 Old Grinner you're talking in different languages when it comes to MPG
One imperial one US.
Read the instructions on the bottom of the cereal box only after opening the box and packaging, Make sure you turn the box over so that you can read it, even though you don't understand a word of it.
Go as fast as the sign says, but only after stopping dead in the road and looking up the conversion on Google, allowing enough room for drivers behind you to pass you while yelling in a language that you don't understand.
Oh, and fill your vehicle to the top using the overflow as your guide since you have no idea what the @#$& pump is showing anyway.

....wait, that'd be what you would do if you were a taxi driver in New York City. Oh well, maybe the same rules apply where you live.
I often wonder if the people from Texas when they come to Canada and see 120 (75 miles per hour) on our highway, do they try to go 120 miles per hour (193 km per hour). Going 193-120=73 km per hour over the speed limit would get you a Stunting Ticket, huge fine, vehicle impound and probably jail time.

Do the next exit 1000m signs scare them?

I had an Asian gentleman ask, "Where gas?" when he was at the Coquihalla Highway rest stop. He expected a station around the corner. Hope was 60 km (37 miles) and Merritt was 65 km (40 miles). His car was on empty. It happens every day.