wtf !

Anything and everything not related to anything else on this site.

Moderator: Modsquad

Yorkie150
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2018/19
Color: RED

wtf !

Post by Yorkie150 »

https://www.facebook.com/groups/769137659827490/
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Re: wtf !

Post by WhiteNoise »

Mask, no mask. Debated.
USA, across the pond, worldwide.
Opinions?
You can type yours, but...
Keep all Politics Out of it or I will Lock this thread and the other similar thread as Soon as I read it.

Questions? Ya'll should have read our Forum Rules by now. No? Then please do so:
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=7

Me on this topic...Not new news, I want to live and I want my family and friends living too.
I'm wearing a mask and Latex Gloves while running about for food, gas, etc.
Got a haircut today, 1st one in 3 months. Wore it all. Everyone in the shop wore them. The boss controls how many folks are allowed in the shop at one time - and it's minimal.

I'm 100% against the folks in the videos. I have naughty words in mind.

I'm passing the baton now....
(be good)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Yorkie150
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2018/19
Color: RED

Post by Yorkie150 »

Not intended to raise issues re politics but more to highlight the funny reasoning behind the woman who stated she didn’t wear a mask for the same reason she didn’t wear underwear —— so is that an indicator in that particular state ???
No mask - no pants ?? :)
https://www.facebook.com/groups/769137659827490/
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Gloves should not be used unless you change them very, very regularly.
Much better to frequently use hand sanitiser.

As for masks, here's a picture for simpletons to show exactly how they work at preventing transmission through the populace.
(the idea is to stop you giving your infection to other people)
masks explained - Edited.jpg
masks explained - Edited.jpg (99.48 KiB) Viewed 1374 times
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

We wear them.
I wear them for 2 reasons: health related; and love what they do to those who won't.
I'm sorry.
Fish
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

Yorkie150 wrote:Not intended to raise issues re politics but more to highlight the funny reasoning behind the woman who stated she didn’t wear a mask for the same reason she didn’t wear underwear —— so is that an indicator in that particular state ???
We had a custodian at work. He always started his restroom cleaning with new gloves and a clean towel. Cleaned 24 toilet seats, sinks, faucets, mirrors, countertops....without changing either.
Good worker othetwise.
Fish
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

What a wonderful world. :roll:

Keep smiling and pass the masks . . . and brew tea! :lol:

Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I have an idiot son (I have 3 sons and 3 daughters) who believes that the government telling us to wear a mask is just another way for them to try to control you. He refuses to wear one, and his friends also refuse to. Really?? So tell your kids that, when you get sick or make them sick...and what about his parents and grandparents??

We know a millennial who says that their generation is not likely to get the Coronavirus because there was an article on the internet that said they wouldn't. With the numbers going up they still don't believe it will affect them.

I will be wearing my mask when around those people, for sure. They can believe what they want as long as their actions don't affect my actions or life.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

USA is quickly establishing itself as the worlds leader in Coronavirus spread.
Of the circa 11m cases worldwide, circa 3m are in the USA.

Don't listen to the idiots, look at countries which have successfully reduced Covid infection and do what they advise.
Keep social interaction to an absolute minimum, avoid gatherings of people, keep 2m away from people where possible, wear a mask, wash your hands for 20secs frequently or use high alcohol content hand sanitiser regularly.
Do not go to bars, restaurants, cafes, cinema etc.
If at all possible, work from home.

This one graph from Worldometers tells you all you need to know about what's happening in the USA right now.
Screenshot 2020-07-04 at 17.11.58.png
Screenshot 2020-07-04 at 17.11.58.png (65.56 KiB) Viewed 1353 times
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Charts. I/we hear see and read this sadness on a daily basis. What a mix of emotions I have. I'm sad, I'm scared, I'm angry, I'm frustrated, I'm sickened....I'm....I'm....all that and a bag of chips!
Anywho, I just wrote this on the other thread and I'm bringing it here too.
We've Been doing this awhile, I just gotta get something off my chest

It's all inside. Keep Love in your Heart and dammit! use your Common Sense

From the very beginning I told my family, loved ones and friends to find, purchase and wear masks.
I was fortunate to have a few from the nursing home while visiting my Mom (rip), but had nowhere near what I would be needing going forward. Time to shop....

I began my search online @ Amazon, Ebay, and all the big box stores. Then called and visited nearby stores. First wanting the N95 - I found a few but prices were jacked up everywhere (so disgusting) and
the basic paper corded type were Sold out - already. Daily I kept at it and finally found a vender on Amazon. I immediately ordered 100 - coming from God knows where! It was risky. I had no choice.
The vender ran late in delivering but kept me aware of delays throughout the process, that was nice. I received my order as advertised and with no damage to packaging in 3 weeks. Perfect timing. This pandemic just got it's name.

Next...
I bought nitrile exam gloves (latex and powder free) from Costco (in store) - 200 multipurpose gloves (100 pair per box) - Kirkland brand.
After 1 use, I dispose of them. While they're still on, I pull off one and place it inside the other "as I peel them off" (I'm never touching them barehanded). I dispose of them at home. They are Not left in a shopping cart, or tossed on the ground, or left on a shelf!

When I see someone drop their gloves, or their mask I call them out on it right away. Most get embarrassed and pick them up, others tell me to mind my own business or give me a dagger look.
When folks stand to close to me or walk up in my face, I tell them to back-off/back- up! They look surprised but they do it.
When folks walk into a store I'm in without a mask on, I ask them "where is your mask?" Again I get "that look." Then they dig it out of their pocket OR Raise it Off their Neck onto their Face. Really?

Friends have told me I may get punched one day, but I'll be damned if s(he)'s coming in hot with me and others standing by. Geez, Have love for mankind. Let's get rid/be rid of this f'ing pandemic all together!

"You Better Think, Think about What You're Trying to do to Me!" Sing it Loud
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

gn2 I do appreciate the charts (I did forget to mention that). Sorry, I get on a roll and plow down the stop signs along the way. Sunday's steam release, now vented :D
JohnL
Ozzie Old Fart
Ozzie Old Fart
Year: 2015
Color: Dark Red

Post by JohnL »

Reminds me of the words to a Peter Paul & Mary song, "When will they ever learn, when will they learn".
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

Reminds me of the words to a Peter Paul & Mary song, "When will they ever learn, when will they learn".
Good one John!

Unintended consequences of "Social Distancing" . . .. :lol:

WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Yorkie150 wrote:Not intended to raise issues re politics but more to highlight the funny reasoning behind the woman who stated she didn’t wear a mask for the same reason she didn’t wear underwear —— so is that an indicator in that particular state ???
I know, all is good Yorkie ;) I just posted a reminder - to "Everyone reading."
Ride on, be safe
big bear
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2016
Color: silver

Post by big bear »

if you go for a ride on your pcx it makes you forget all about corona really improves your mood
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

big bear wrote:if you go for a ride on your pcx it makes you forget all about corona really improves your mood
Clicks imaginary like button :thumbs up:
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »