Stock OEM Roller Weight?

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

Variant
Year: 2017
Color: Blue

Stock OEM Roller Weight?

Post by Variant »

I've been searching the forum but find conflicting information. I have a 2017 PCX 150 that I just brought and suspect the previous owner may have put in lighter weights as it revs quite high at low speeds. I will have the shop take them out and weigh them but I am not sure of stock roller weight. I have read 15g and 18.5g. Do you know the correct stock weight? Also what would be the effect of putting in heavier weights? Im after quiet low rpm slow driving, we drive a lot on small country roads at 20-40kmph, 60-70kmph is fast for us. Thank you
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Re: Stock OEM Roller Weight?

Post by Mel46 »

Please do us a favor and go into your profile and add your general location. This is an international forum and different countries have different requirements, so knowing your general location helps us help you better.

I have not found much on the 2017 model, but for the 2016 and 2018 PCX 150 I found this part number for the rollers. It should help, though Honda shops should be able to look up the correct item for your particular bike.

22123-K01-900 ROLLER SET, WEIGHT

I hope this helps.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
alx123
Bangkok Rider
Bangkok Rider
Year: 2016
Color: Fast White

Post by alx123 »

Short answer is 15 grams.

I remember the time when the Honda dealer put weights for the older models in my PCX, I immediately felt something was amiss.

Heavier rollers will make your PCX sluggish off the start.. For your requirements, sounds like 14 grams or 13 grams is ideal. But all this also depends on your weight and if you have pillion with you. I suggest start from standard rollers (15 grams) and if its low end is not satisfactory try lower weight rollers a gram down at a time.

Honda rollers doesn't indicate the weight of their rollers on the packaging, so you have to make sure you got the correct part number for the year model of your PCX.

Now, I use aftermarket 15 grams rollers because they're cheaper and I like to experiment changing weights, mixing them, as well as change often.
Everything looks better from the inside of a motorcycle helmet...
Variant

Post by Variant »

Thanks guys, I have updated my profile with my location (rural Udon Thani, Thailand). Went for a 3hr ride today and absolutely loving the pcx (only had it 2 days, 2nd hand 1 owner 3500km on clock). Really beautiful countryside here and nice quiet back roads, though very hot, 100f most days. I weigh about 120kg and my wife about 60kg we ride pillion every day. Im interested in getting some yss shocks too, scooter feeling a bit stiff on bumps (of which there are many here, sometimes more bump than non-bump) Will see if I can get those oem rollers in for a start and take it from there. I have no tools here as am on tourist visa but Im sure there are some good scooter mechanics around, pcx's are everywhere here
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax
Color: White

Post by Jge64 »

I had a 15 PCX, I decided to experiment with lots of rollers, I bought 12, 13 and 16’s....The sweet spot was the 13’s.
Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I have 13 gram rollers on both of mine, but you may find that the factory ones work best for you. You don't have to have Honda branded rollers. I have NCY rollers. As long as the rollers meet the weight you desire and are recommended for a PCX, you should be fine.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
OldGuywhoTinkers
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: Red

Post by OldGuywhoTinkers »

Variant wrote:I've been searching the forum but find conflicting information. I have a 2017 PCX 150 that I just brought and suspect the previous owner may have put in lighter weights as it revs quite high at low speeds. I will have the shop take them out and weigh them but I am not sure of stock roller weight. I have read 15g and 18.5g. Do you know the correct stock weight? Also what would be the effect of putting in heavier weights? Im after quiet low rpm slow driving, we drive a lot on small country roads at 20-40kmph, 60-70kmph is fast for us. Thank you
I have a 2013 Honda PCX150. It, like many Honda scooters, comes with 15 gram rollers with the factory variater. I have a replaced stock Honda variator with 13 gram NYC rollers, but I think my front variator goes from low to high ratio TOO FAST, and engages a hair too early. Most PCX riders are using 13, 14, or stock 15 gram rollers. I have ordered 14 gram rollers off of Ali Baba, cheaper, and will be using them the next time it all comes apart. I expect the 14 gram to give me a smoother, more natural engagement. Grabbag
Conelite
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Conelite »

I run NCY Variator with 11.25g sliders. I started with 13g sliders and started shaving. It accelerates pretty hard. Hovers around 8k rpms up to around 50mph then settles down. Still tops out over 70 so I didnt lose any top speed.
2017 PCX 150
Wirus Win Exhaust
Steady Garage Intake
Z-Bars
NCY Variator