Genuine Grand Tourer 150

The other 2-wheeled contraptions you ride.

Moderator: Modsquad

Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Genuine Grand Tourer 150

Post by Old Grinner »

It's the first time I've seen one of these at a dealership in my area. Not bad! :D

Priced about as much as a PCX . . . but looks really retro. 8)

https://nhpowersports.com/Scooters-Genu ... ae013c066b

Lots of good clear pics on the dealership website.
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Re: Genuine Grand Tourer 150

Post by Old Grinner »

Just spotted this great vid review done by Robot from Vespa Motorsport/Scooter West. 8)

Yorkie150
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2018/19
Color: RED

Post by Yorkie150 »

chinese lambretta cheap copy ?
https://www.facebook.com/groups/769137659827490/
springer1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2018
Color: white

Post by springer1 »

Yorkie150 wrote:chinese lambretta cheap copy ?
I had a Stella, will not buy another Genuine.
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

The "Stella" . . . I wanted one as well but after reading about the electrical problems and deteriorating wiring harnesses I decided not. Then they came out with a new improved version and that had electrical problems at the "get go". It's too bad. They really did have that "P200" design characteristics but just weren't reliable. I ended up getting a Genuine Roughhouse and it ran really well for about 5K miles. After that it started losing performance and needed a new bore kit. I ran it WOT most of the time. That said, along the way, the carb floats were giving me problems so I put a shutoff valve on the fuel line. I later traded it in . . ..

Since Genuine imports scooters from other manufacturers and puts their own moniker on them they don't actually "make anything".

I have to say the Buddy 50 and Roughhouse do haul for 49cc machines compared to the 4-stroke offerings out there. But that Buddy 125 was the grin machine. Somehow I still wouldn't mind having one. :D
chinese lambretta cheap copy ?
The "Royal Alloy" history is a bit complicated and multi-national. It will be interesting to see how this new model plays out for Genuine here in the U.S..
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

springer1 wrote:
Yorkie150 wrote:chinese lambretta cheap copy ?

A few Stella’s and I’ll buy anything.
Inoplanetyanin
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2018
Color: WHITE

Post by Inoplanetyanin »

I've also been turned off by the genuine product quality.

Was reading a ride report by a guy going across Canada and into Alaska on one of those and he had constant engine problems.

Eventually his engine seized and he had to have a new one installed under warranty. Life is too short to worry about that kind of stuff.

I choose to ride Honda instead and enjoy the scenery... :)
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Old Grinner wrote:The "Royal Alloy" history is a bit complicated and multi-national.
Its actually quite simple.
Two scooter enthusiasts and business owners started a new scooter brand Scomadi.
Scomadi scooters were styled to look like Lambrettas and to compete with Vespa among trad-style scooter enthusiasts.
The Scomadi scooters were manufactured in China but production has moved to Thailand.
The company in China decided to build their own ones and sell them into the market, bypassing Scomadi.
So a Royal Alloy is a Chinese fake copy of an English designed fake Lambretta built in China.

Meanwhile..... a Dutch man bought the Lambretta brand name and is having Sym manufacture Austrian designed (based on the Sym Fiddle) and Lambretta badged scooters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMTgYVrV-wI
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong