A spring ride

Pictures of your scooter, ride reports, and day trips.

Moderator: Modsquad

honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: Black

A spring ride

Post by honkerman »

Practiced some social distancing and went for a nice spring ride.

Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
Lancaster County Pennsylvania
2013 Honda PCX-150 (Angry Hornet) - Leo Vince Corsa Exhaust, NCY Variator (13g Rollers), NCY shocks, Givi D322S windscreen, NCY drum brake actuator arm, Denali Soundbomb mini horn
2006 Piaggio Beverly 250 (Rosa)
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Re: A spring ride

Post by Mel46 »

That is the kind of ride that gets you out in the nice Spring air, especially when it isn't crowded.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
Yorkie150
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2018/19
Color: RED

Post by Yorkie150 »

in the UK we are only permitted to make ''essential journeys''...so a ride out into the countryside for leisure purposes is not allowed...If the Police stop you you will receive a fine if you cannot justify your journey. :(
https://www.facebook.com/groups/769137659827490/
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

Yorkie150 wrote:in the UK we are only permitted to make ''essential journeys''...so a ride out into the countryside for leisure purposes is not allowed...If the Police stop you you will receive a fine if you cannot justify your journey. :(
You are going to get some milk...from a farmer...in Scotland...in the hills...special milk that helps with your arthritis...from contented cows...with the right legs shorter than the left so they can graze the hills.

:roll: 8)
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Yorkie, take Mel along! :lol:
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: Black

Post by honkerman »

Mel46 wrote:
Yorkie150 wrote:in the UK we are only permitted to make ''essential journeys''...so a ride out into the countryside for leisure purposes is not allowed...If the Police stop you you will receive a fine if you cannot justify your journey. :(
You are going to get some milk...from a farmer...in Scotland...in the hills...special milk that helps with your arthritis...from contented cows...with the right legs shorter than the left so they can graze the hills.

:roll: 8)

Hahahah. That’s fantastic. I use a similar excuse to get my goat’s milk which comes from a dairy 25 miles away, and in the vid above, I was going to the hardware store for necessities for my fruit trees so I can have food. A bit of the long way round, but still a necessary purchase.

This whole thing with being afraid to go out because the police might take issue is ridiculous and the brownshirts running around reporting people for getting out for fresh air need to be slapped.
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
Lancaster County Pennsylvania
2013 Honda PCX-150 (Angry Hornet) - Leo Vince Corsa Exhaust, NCY Variator (13g Rollers), NCY shocks, Givi D322S windscreen, NCY drum brake actuator arm, Denali Soundbomb mini horn
2006 Piaggio Beverly 250 (Rosa)
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

Where I live walking is encouraged. Being house bound is not good, especially if you have kids or pets. Yes, they have a back yard, but sometimes you just want a change in scenery. Dogs love their walk because it means time with their masters...or whatever it is they call us.

Kids like to get out on their bicycles...which can be a problem if they don't stay on the sidewalk or on the side of the road not too far ahead of the family. (Personally, I would rather take the kids to an area where you know they won't get run over, because kids don't really hear what you are saying when they just want the freedom to ride their bikes. Parks are closed, so find a dead end street in your neighborhood, or a very wide sidewalk on a level area, so that you can keep an eye on them.)

We live in a small subdivision that has posted speed limits, there will always be someone who thinks those limits don't apply to them.

(There are always excuses for speeding, such as, "I had to get home in a hurry. I have to cook supper for my family. They don't know how to."... are they starving, REALLY starving??...starving enough that it is OK to run over small children who might step in front of your car, or families that are walking in the street because there are no sidewalks?) ...and Yes, we do have at least one driver in our subdivision who uses that excuse often.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150