Givi 323 tall windscreen

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Re: Givi 323 tall windscreen

Post by Mel46 »

My tall Givi came in recently and I now have one on each of our bikes. Also the Takegawa shocks came in for my wife's bike and Maddiedog put them on. They lowered the bike a little over an inch. In return for all that he has done for us I will be ordering a set for him within the next couple of weeks, along with another set for my bike. Hopefully we can all go for a long ride together soon, before he starts tearing into his engine.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
dustin91
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: Red

Post by dustin91 »

I know there's tons of posts about shocks here, but are they truly worth the upgrade over the stock? Installing the screen was no problem for me, but shocks are WAY outta my league!
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

Yes, the shocks are worth it. The stock shocks make it hard to go over speed bumps and big pot holes. These new shocks make it much more bareable and make the ride smoother. Nothing will make the ride as good as my Burgman was, but m back complains with the standard stocks on my new PCX. Whereas, when I rode my wife's PCX with the new shocks the difference was significant. My advice to anyone who wants to use the PCX as a long distance bike is change the shocks. Both the Takegawa and the yss shocks are good shocks. They both adjust, which is what you should be looking at, so you can change the ride to suit you. Counting shipping, the yss Hybrid shocks are less expensive than the Takegawa by a large margin. I paid $144.44 for the Takegawa shocks from Japan. I have since then found another site in the Netherlands that are less expensive. Still, they aren't cheap but they are worth it.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

depthman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by depthman »

I have to sell my cut down GIVI Tall 323DT. It was perfect for me (5'8") until I added a padded seat! So I had to install an uncut one.
Cut one is starting bid on eBay $95
http://www.ebay.com/itm/380893332791
ron labbe
red 2013 PCX150
vamootsman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by vamootsman »

depthman wrote:I have to sell my cut down GIVI Tall 323DT. It was perfect for me (5'8") until I added a padded seat! So I had to install an uncut one.
Cut one is starting bid on eBay $95
http://www.ebay.com/itm/380893332791
I won the auction, thanks for putting it out there. installed the screen today and put 80 miles on the scoot. Unbelievable difference. I'm 5' 10 and this screen cut down puts the wind right over top of my Pit Boss Helmet and I'm looking over the top of the shield. Couldn't have asked for a better upgrade. I highly recommend it. 55 to 60mph is a piece of cake now, even into the wind.
2013 PCX 150 with,
Givi Tall Screen, and E370 Top Case
NCY Variator and Face Plate, 12 gram rollers
Takagawa Silent Oval Exhaust, K&N R1100 pod filter mod
YSS XL Rear Shock Absorbers Michelin City Grip 120/70 Front 140/70 Rear
2013 Honda CB500X with Rally Raid kit
2005 Piaggio X9 500 Evolution
1982 Honda CX500 Turbo
1983 Honda Nighthawk S
depthman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by depthman »

I have a Pit Boss helmet, too :) Glad it worked out for you... surprised that the cut one works, as you're 2" taller than me. Did you use the kit?
ron labbe
red 2013 PCX150
MikePCX

Post by MikePCX »

Quick question: I just ordered the tall givi windshield for my PCX150; do I need the installation kit? I heard that I don't need it but I wanted to ask those of you who have already installed it on a PCX150.
dustin91
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by dustin91 »

I did not require a kit at all. I installed the mirror extender only on the left side, and it didn't require any extra reverse-thread hardware or anything. Not sure why I only needed it on that side, because I fully rotated the handlebars to make sure they cleared the screen... maybe it's because of the way I angle them differently - the left to see who's in the lane next to me, the right to see who's behind me (I always ride in the right lane). I get a minor amount of buffeting depending on where I sit, but for the most part it's rather quiet. If I duck down into a sportier riding position though, it's damn near silent.
MikePCX

Post by MikePCX »

Thanks for the quick response! :)
I wasn't sure if the "installation kit" was to actually install the windshield or if it was for the mirror extension.
I ordered mine from Accessories International. They told me I did need the kit but that the windshield wouldn't fit on the PCX150, only the PCX125. I pointed them to this forum and told them that other people were using it just fine. I used a coupon to purchase mine and the total was $164.05 with free shipping. It took them longer to actually ship the item (ordered May 2nd, and shipped May 12th) than I expected but when they finally shipped it they sent it Priority mail and it was here in 3 days (got it today!)! Free priority mail on an item that size is pretty impressive. I do have to recommend this company! It's raining today so I'll probably install it tomorrow. I can't wait to test it out. I'll post my opinions on it once I get it on there. I've put 455 miles on my PCX150 and love it.
dustin91
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by dustin91 »

Glad to help! Let is know it installed as easy for you, and what a difference it makes.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

We dont have the kit installed on either of our scooters but the one thing that surprised me was that where I purchased mine also sent the kit free. I may end up installing it because of the shape of the mirrors. We adjusted them so that they clear the windscreen, but because of the curve like a teardrop of the mirror, the cars beside me get cut off. This means I have a blind spot right beside me on both sides. The only solution I can think of is to install the extenders and put everything right in the center of the mirrors. Unfortunately, I only have one of those kits, and I notice that my wife readjusts her mirrors constantly while we are riding. She says she is fine, but I am betting that she doesn't even notice that she is adjusting them.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

MikePCX

Post by MikePCX »

It was VERY easy to install on my own and I'm not a mechanic. It took maybe 15 minutes total. There are a couple of good youtube videos showing a windsheild install on either the 125 or 150. Watching those first made it easier. I highly recommend this windshield. It makes highway driving and driving at night much more bearable when the wind is strong or the temps are low. For me it's the perfect height. I think it could mildly reduce speed and possibly gas mileage but it's not major and to me it's worth it. I haven't had any mirror issues and I can lock my handlebars just fine. It transforms the bike into a much better touring scooter. I was getting blasted by the wind quite a bit prior to this windshield. I'll try to attach a photo.
MikePCX

Post by MikePCX »

Here it is installed!
Attachments
scooterwindshieldresized.jpg
scooterwindshieldresized.jpg (872.15 KiB) Viewed 1634 times
dustin91
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by dustin91 »

Looking good! I'm probably going to go back to the stock shield soon, as temps escalate and I want some cooling wind on me. I do like that in 10-15 minutes, I can have it on or off depending on the day's weather. But yes, it's definitely a nicer ride at high speeds with it on.
vamootsman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by vamootsman »

depthman wrote:I have a Pit Boss helmet, too :) Glad it worked out for you... surprised that the cut one works, as you're 2" taller than me. Did you use the kit?
sorry for the late response, missed your post.

Not sure why it works so well for me, but maybe because I'm all legs with a short torso, which would explain why I need the hump off of the seat so I can sit back a little farther. That's next on my agenda
Didn't need the kit.
2013 PCX 150 with,
Givi Tall Screen, and E370 Top Case
NCY Variator and Face Plate, 12 gram rollers
Takagawa Silent Oval Exhaust, K&N R1100 pod filter mod
YSS XL Rear Shock Absorbers Michelin City Grip 120/70 Front 140/70 Rear
2013 Honda CB500X with Rally Raid kit
2005 Piaggio X9 500 Evolution
1982 Honda CX500 Turbo
1983 Honda Nighthawk S
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

Well, I decided to go ahead and put the mirror kit on since it was included in the kit. I like it. Even though you could just adjust your mirrors instead, the kit makes it so much easier to adjust them AND I can use the full mirror instead of most of it facing my body.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Joemag22
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Re: Givi 323 tall windscreens

Post by Joemag22 »

I just installed a new windscreen, found it on eBay for $98 including shipping and handling. The screen is a knock off brand from Givi but the model is a KD322ST by Kappa.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (169.61 KiB) Viewed 1534 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (184.07 KiB) Viewed 1534 times

Current: 2011 Honda PCX125 (j.costa vario and j.costa exhaust)
Past: 2008 Honda Met (Dayton drag vario, CDI box, spark plug, kn filter, and a cup holder)

** NOR-CAL / East Bay Met Set SC **
pcxpower
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: White

Post by pcxpower »

MikePCX wrote:Here it is installed!
Joemag22 wrote:I just installed a new windscreen
These windscreens looks really good and they must extremely useful, specially the tallest one (the one that I want/need) in winter! Let's hope that GIVI releases them soon for the 2015 model! :D :D :D :D
2015 Honda PCX 125
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

8)Scoot Looks Great Joemag22! And the screen "does" look just like the Givi D322ST! I had that screen on my '11 White that I sold. I also have a second one (new) but it won't fit my 2015.
Now it's up for sale on the forum :| What size case is that?
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Joemag22
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Joemag22 »

Thanks!! I'm pretty stoked about the new look. I remember your old scootz and saw the screen for sale in the forum. Unfortunately, it was after I had already purchased this one :/ I was pretty bummed.

The case is the Givi E30, 30 liters, and I got it from "the hub company" for a pretty good price. I can't find my order paperwork or I'd tell you exactly what it cost. Only downfall was that I had to buy a $100 Givi case adapter so that I could still use the under seat storage with the case on. Seemed pretty weak that they didn't make these cases to fit and keep the original storage available.

Current: 2011 Honda PCX125 (j.costa vario and j.costa exhaust)
Past: 2008 Honda Met (Dayton drag vario, CDI box, spark plug, kn filter, and a cup holder)

** NOR-CAL / East Bay Met Set SC **