Sound for helmets

Riding jackets, pants, boots, GPS, toolkits, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

Limey
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 16 Forza/16 PCX
Color: Red/Maroon

Re: Sound for helmets

Post by Limey »

We have the same helmets as you. 3/4 helmets. I would recommend the mic on the long arm. If you put the stick-on one on the edge of the helmet it could be too far away for your voice to be clear. The arm sticks pretty well inside the helmet and bends out of the way if you need it to.
QuiGonJohn
Year: 2015
Color: Black

Post by QuiGonJohn »

So use the boom, attach it in the cheek corner and have the actual mic portion just out in front of our mouths, correct?
QuiGonJohn

Post by QuiGonJohn »

Limey, I charged them and then paired and tested. Intercom works, mine to my phone, wife to wife's phone all work, play our music.

How do we set it up so she can also listen to my phone music or vice versa. And once setup, how do we switch from one to the other?

Also, is there any way to change the Bluetooth Name each device broadcasts, so it's easier to tell which is which in our phone pairing screen?
QuiGonJohn

Post by QuiGonJohn »

Do you know if there is a video for installing this into the helmet. Not sure how the speakers are supposed to attach in the ear pockets. The pads they gave have adhesive on one side, not seeing how the other side attaches to the speaker or the helmet.
Limey
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Limey »

QuiGonJohn wrote:So use the boom, attach it in the cheek corner and have the actual mic portion just out in front of our mouths, correct?
Yes
QuiGonJohn wrote:Do you know if there is a video for installing this into the helmet. Not sure how the speakers are supposed to attach in the ear pockets. The pads they gave have adhesive on one side, not seeing how the other side attaches to the speaker or the helmet.
I just slid ours into the pockets. Nothing else - they stay there fine. :)
Limey
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Limey »

QuiGonJohn wrote:
How do we set it up so she can also listen to my phone music or vice versa. And once setup, how do we switch from one to the other?

Also, is there any way to change the Bluetooth Name each device broadcasts, so it's easier to tell which is which in our phone pairing screen?
11.10 Music Sharing
You can start sharing music with an intercom friend using Bluetooth stereo music during a two-way intercom conversation. When you terminate music sharing, you can go back to the intercom conversation.
To start or terminate sharing music, press and hold the Jog Dial for1 second during an intercom conversation until you hear a double beep and you and your intercom friend will listen to or terminate sharing music. To track forward or track back, rotate while pressing down the Jog Dial clockwise or counter clockwise.
Note:
1. Both you and your intercom friend can remotely control music playback during music sharing such as track forward and track
back.
2. When you have an incoming call, make a phone call, or hear the turn-by-turn voice instruction of GPS during music sharing, the function will be paused.
3. In order to share music, make sure that you update both headsets with the firmware that has the music sharing feature, and enable the EDR setting in the Sena Device Manager.

No idea how you would change bluetooth name! :) We never use the function to both listen to the same music - I put the same playlists on both of our phones so we can listen to our own music, or not as we feel. Intercom works either way by just pushung the bug dial once to stop/start.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Just sliding in for a moment to
Welcome aboard our forums QuiGonJohn, glad you joined! Oops...but you forgot something :geek: Please go back and enter your location in your profile. Simple directions (I know! More right :lol:) are below my post to get that done.

Thanks and Happy Tunes to you and wife!
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Limey
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Limey »

One more thing... Pair the unit with the phone when the other one is turned off. That way you will know that you have the correct phone paired with your unit. Remember, that once paired (for both intercom and phone), it remembers the connections and you don't have to pair again - it automatically reconnects when unit(s) are turned on. Only time I had to do a reconnect is when I let the battery go dead and recharged it.
QuiGonJohn

Post by QuiGonJohn »

We got the music share (which also shares GPS Voice) to work. I thought it might require pairing the second phone (like they give instructions for). I did not realize music share works thru the intercom.
Limey
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Limey »

Glad you are getting there!

Per WhiteNoise's request, below, can you add your location so we know where you are? :)

How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
QuiGonJohn

Post by QuiGonJohn »

done, never saw that request before.
Limey
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Limey »

I see you are in Florida too! Perhaps a little far for a ride together, however!!!
QuiGonJohn

Post by QuiGonJohn »

So I finally got to ride with it today, just me, so no intercom. Music worked great. I got a couple phone calls and they seemed to auto-answer. I did not press phone button nor say anything for voice activated. I tried looking this up in the manual, but could not. Can you offer any insight?
Limey
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Limey »

QuiGonJohn wrote:So I finally got to ride with it today, just me, so no intercom. Music worked great. I got a couple phone calls and they seemed to auto-answer. I did not press phone button nor say anything for voice activated. I tried looking this up in the manual, but could not. Can you offer any insight?
You have voice answering enabled - which allows you pick up calls just by speaking. The mic is probably picking up enough wind noise to be interpreted as you saying something.

See page 18-19 in manual to disable.
Limey
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Limey »

Limey wrote: You have voice answering enabled - which allows you pick up calls just by speaking. The mic is probably picking up enough wind noise to be interpreted as you saying something.

See page 18-19 in manual to disable.
Did that work??
QuiGonJohn

Post by QuiGonJohn »

Limey, I haven't had a chance to mess with it yet. Every time I get back from a ride and think I will take the helmet and manual, I get busy with other things.

But good excuse to get on it now. Thanks!
QuiGonJohn

Post by QuiGonJohn »

OK, I just went thru and set it to disabled. Should work, will test on next ride. :)
QuiGonJohn

Post by QuiGonJohn »

QuiGonJohn wrote:OK, I just went thru and set it to disabled. Should work, will test on next ride. :)
Finally got a test of this. Was riding yesterday and recvd a call. Just heard my ringtone. Was not a number I knew, but to test I answered by tapping the button on the phone (it is mounted above my handlebar). I forgot about tapping the Jog Button to answer, will try that next time. But, main point, it did NOT auto-answer, which is what I prefer.
Limey
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Limey »

QuiGonJohn wrote:
QuiGonJohn wrote:OK, I just went thru and set it to disabled. Should work, will test on next ride. :)
Finally got a test of this. Was riding yesterday and recvd a call. Just heard my ringtone. Was not a number I knew, but to test I answered by tapping the button on the phone (it is mounted above my handlebar). I forgot about tapping the Jog Button to answer, will try that next time. But, main point, it did NOT auto-answer, which is what I prefer.
Looks like that worked then! :)
QuiGonJohn

Post by QuiGonJohn »

Limey wrote:
QuiGonJohn wrote:
Looks like that worked then! :)
Yep, thanks for pointing me to it. And pushing me to finally break out the manual and take the time to mess with it. :)