Roll Call

Anything and everything not related to anything else on this site.

Moderator: Modsquad

WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Roll Call

Post by WhiteNoise »

How are you feeling?
Check in please
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (141.63 KiB) Viewed 5588 times
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Brice
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Re: Roll Call

Post by Brice »

Doing well. No commuting, but riding is a great release after a stressful day in the home a.k.a. office. I feel blessed that the family and I are healthy and though the wife is laid off, I'll keep getting a paycheck. And riding a scooter is cheap social distancing hobby.
Limey
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 16 Forza/16 PCX
Color: Red/Maroon

Post by Limey »

We're fine. Self isolating as best we can. Still ride our bicycles and scooters a bit, to ease the confinement blues.

Plus I have an underlying lung condition and immune deficiency which, with my age, makes me quite concerned.

Liane has been making face masks from tutorials on YouTube and we will be wearing those when we do food shopping during the senior hours at our local Publix supermarket.

Our neighborhood is great - lots of young military families and everyone is offering to help everyone else on the group Facebook page that we have.

As Florida is starting to get more and more cases in the southern half, we are glad that we are in the panhandle! Our county has only 3 confirmed cases as of yesterday so we are keeping fingers and toes crossed.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Jist braw.
Been at work as normal.
Bus drivers often say "it would be a great job if it wasn't for all the passengers and all the traffic"
Well that dream has finally come true.
We've been put on a three week work / three week furlough rotation for the foreseeable.
An excellent solution negotiated by our trade union which sees us all kept in employment and averaging 90% of contracted pay.

Away from work...
Got the Xmax out of hibernation, feels good being back on two wheels, just the thing to cheer me up.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Yorkie150
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2018/19
Color: RED

Post by Yorkie150 »

recently retired from the Emergency services in the UK...waiting to be called back in :(
https://www.facebook.com/groups/769137659827490/
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

Fit as a fiddle . . .. :lol:

Strong enough to throw this old cast iron stove in the back of my trailer to go to the dump tomorrow. Not one cough or back ache. Now watch I'll get struck by lightening. LOL!!! :lol:
JohnL
Ozzie Old Fart
Ozzie Old Fart
Year: 2015
Color: Dark Red

Post by JohnL »

Alice and myself are self isolating, having our groceries delivered and generally pottering around the house. My new electric scooter hasn't been delivered yet, (local shop waiting for a shipment from China, where the problem began). It's still hard to walk into my garage and see the spot my PCX would be sitting in,

Watching the news can be depressing when you see so many brain dead young and old idiots who just don't get it.
big bear
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2016
Color: silver

Post by big bear »

came down with flu like symtoms on tuesday and had a slight head cold it started clearing up yesterday afternoon feel alot better now
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

We are still alive and kicking. I took my bike out until we got the 'shelter in place' order from the governor. We have cut our grass, tried to change the blade on the riding mower (gave up and made an appointment for someone to come to our house next week and change it), and did our part at distancing by walking our dogs on the opposite side as anyone else who was walking their pet. Still, the numbers in our region are increasing, so we are probably not going very far if we go out.

Not everyone is obeying the government's order though. We noticed yesterday while out walking that there are some young people who seem to think that this won't affect them. In particular there is a Jeep CJ that pulls up to a neighbor's house, 3 teens pile out of it and head to another teen's house. Then after 5 minutes or so they all come out, including the teen the lives there, and all 4 pile back into the Jeep, and away they go. Not one of them puts a seat belt on, and it is obvious that they don't think about the virus.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
DAB
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: Red

Post by DAB »

Been self isolating since quitting work 6 years ago.
Other rides
Yamaha MT-01, Yamaha BT1100, Yamaha WR250R, Ducati 900 GTS, Honda VFR 750FV, Honda Forza 350
cnikonpete
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2019
Color: red

Post by cnikonpete »

Ok in Cornwall but can’t use scooter for unnecessary travel, my Honda dealer closed for duration so can’t check on warranty claim for dash condensation.
dick the den
Regular User
Regular User
Color: white

Post by dick the den »

Feeling great been out walking a lot
Docscooter2010
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2019
Color: PCX Black

Post by Docscooter2010 »

Myself and my wife are doing good . Missing the kids and grandsons , but better to be safe than sorry . Been out for the odd walk but feel guilty that people think we are irresponsible for going for exercise . My wife still has to go to work to put lunches up for key workers at her school . Only one child turned up at school all last week , four to five teachers . That’s out of a school with over 600 kids . Don’t know how long it will stay open ?
Keep safe everyone. Soon be back out there ! !
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I understand the school lunch setup, and the fact that there are kids who depend on the school lunches for a balanced diet, but it seems to me that it becomes the weakest link in the chain now, since the kids will be in close contact with each other at this time. Does anyone have more insight into how the schools are managing to keep everyone separated while serving meals to them?
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
JohnL
Ozzie Old Fart
Ozzie Old Fart
Year: 2015
Color: Dark Red

Post by JohnL »

My wife Alice and myself are self-isolating, but rang our doctor this morning and surprisingly, were able to make appointments for today to get our flu shots.

The doctors have arranged chairs outside the surgery and I'll be sitting there as I have bugger all immunity with my health problems.

We talk to our 4 adult "children" most days on the phone, and keep in touch on Messenger as well.

We are managing well, but starting to run low on toilet paper and other items. Our local supermarket chain has home delivery at $15 a drop, but their online system doesn't show when items are out of stock before you place the order. In even ordinary times this would be called misleading conduct (or profiteering), but I don't expect anything to change soon.

One day this week we will have to do a Costco run fully masked and gloved, as we are running low on essentials and fuel.

All in all we're getting on fine after living and working together for over 59 years.

Chin up everyone.
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

Chin up everyone.
Indeed! :D
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

Serpentine.
It can't get you if you serpentine.
(Warning to Old guys - do some stretching first....and, there is a moderate risk of tearing the crotch out of your trousers ...)

Fish
dick the den
Regular User
Regular User
Color: white

Post by dick the den »

Mel46 wrote:I understand the school lunch setup, and the fact that there are kids who depend on the school lunches for a balanced diet, but it seems to me that it becomes the weakest link in the chain now, since the kids will be in close contact with each other at this time. Does anyone have more insight into how the schools are managing to keep everyone separated while serving meals to them?
I work for a school as a caretaker was open 1 day no kids turned up, loads of food next day it was still empty, so now its shut, food wasn't wasted we all took it home, so now I go in 1 day just to have walk round, see if everything is ok.
It will have to be checked before it opens.
Ganglylamb
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2016 - 125cc
Color: White (NHA16)

Post by Ganglylamb »

Guess I'll post another update from across the pond. Been stuck in our house for 3.5 weeks now (my wife and I only went out 2 times just to get groceries) - cabin fever rising , luckily no corona fever here... yet...

Admission numbers to hospitals seems to be stabilizing here - death numbers are still rising every day but hopefully they flatten as well in the next week(s). When the outbreak first started here we had, after a week or so, 2 or 3 days in a row a decline of admissions and deaths and I was falsely thinking "ha that peak came early and we have flattened the curve fast". So now after again 3 days of stabilization I am just hoping for the best the next coming days / week(s).

But I guess until there is a vaccine or adequate medication we are stuck in this for a long time of a curve that might exhibit some yoyo - effects. Had a rough week mentally though; as I have come to terms that I will not be seeing my father for a long time as he has a heart transplant and with all the immunosuppresiva he has to take - he is like a canary in the coal mines - first to die probably if one of my parents get it. So even if restrictions here are lifted a bit; I am now rooting for a vaccin to be created hopefully within the next 1.5 year so at least I can just go to them and have a cup of coffee without having to worry that I might be the one causing him to die a couple of weeks later...

Until that happens it'll be facetime, skype, ... and once the restrictions are somehow lifted a ride with the PCX to visit them and talk to them with at least 5 meters distance... It sure is a new world we are living in.

Oh and hopefully this week I get permission to go to work from my employer to visit my lab at work - trying to built a cheap way for UVC disinfection lighting for surfaces - but need to convert some measurement setups first to make sure we get all the data right; I'm convinced I'll get clearance to carry out these experiments at the lab and I will be able to do my commute once more with the PCX :) (could not be happier with the prospect of this!!!).

It's not much but at least I might be able to contribute to this cause and finally feel useful. Something which has not been occurring in the past weeks - feeling as an outsider to all this - although simply staying inside giving the virus no chance to spread can also be seen as a contribution I guess...

Stay safe and take care of everyone - people who already were a bit disconnected from their community are now facing really though times - we should not forget them as well!
alx123
Bangkok Rider
Bangkok Rider
Year: 2016
Color: Fast White

Post by alx123 »

Everything is fine with us here in Thailand. Most people now are working-at-home, but everything looks normal on the outside.

Well, traffic quite less but one can still go out and ride, but there is really nowhere to go as most establishments are closed. Curfew is from 10pm to 5am, no one goes outside or it's jail time with a fine.

No trouble with food as online deliveries are all ready to serve as well as corner stores like 7-11 are still all stocked up.

Not much riding though, can't go to the gym either cause they've been ordered close.

Such a drag, but it's better to be safe than sorry I guess.
Everything looks better from the inside of a motorcycle helmet...