Roll Call

Anything and everything not related to anything else on this site.

Moderator: Modsquad

Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Re: Roll Call

Post by Old Grinner »

Such a drag, but it's better to be safe than sorry I guess.
You guessed right! :D

MikeP
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: White /red

Post by MikeP »

Old Grinner’s pictures of cows earlier in this post sent my nose crazy.
I had to go find some after work. Love the smell of cows.
Pretty much the same here as other places, 6 ft apart, many places closed or by appointment only.
Makes me happy to be a gravel truck driver. Isolated workspace.
Attachments
Duncan BC, Canada. The back country
Duncan BC, Canada. The back country
AB3F7FC3-01C4-4925-9ADB-F12F6F8C95A7.jpeg (153.43 KiB) Viewed 2193 times
Happiness is two wheels and a full tank of gas!
relic
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red white

Post by relic »

After some digging I found that Canada's population was 8000000 in 1914
After the fist world war which took 50000 and the spanish flu which took 50000 we ended up with
8800000 in 1920. Don't want to make light of covid but shit happens.
Stay safe but you may not be able to answer the roll call but somebody will.
This stuff has been going along for a long time.
Hope you can roll through it and we will still be talking in ten years
relic
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red white

Post by relic »

Postscipt don't let covid become a quicksand
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

Years ago I bought the "Blind Faith" album.

Sadly I had to return it because it was defective (no . . . I didn't scratch it . . . a bummer right out of the sleeve).

I just took the refund instead of getting another.

To this day I regret that decision. That said it would probably lie in limbo as do my other albums. Fondly remembered . . . seldom played.

Here we have a most excellent song from that album . . . and I imagine for some most excellent memories of those times. 8)

Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

MikeP,
Those cows don't seem to want to heed the 6 foot separation requirements. You might do well to avoid them. Social distancing is important. You may have to yell at them about their attitude toward this. :lol:
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
Limey
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 16 Forza/16 PCX
Color: Red/Maroon

Post by Limey »

This is worth a watch! :

Regular User
Regular User
Color: 15 Forza

Post by 87112 »

Working full time at Lowes, its been crazy busy every day. People are so bored they are buying whatever to kill the time at the house. Paint, garden, you name it. Non essentials to say the least.

In America a lockdown is totally different than what you see in Asia. Our freedom means " profits over your life". In China they will toss you in Jail, in America we say let people get their spring plants ready.

No wonder the store has half the staff missing, many are faking some kind of sickness to get free money from corporate.
:geek:
big bear
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2016
Color: silver

Post by big bear »

blind faith i remember them they dident stay togehter long to bad never got to see them but i did see traffic and clapton at seperate concerts back in the mid 70s
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

My wife and I went to the hardware store because we are buying a house, and there will be lots of things that will need to be done once we move in. Life doesn't stop just because of a virus, but it does proceed with more caution...or is suppose to. Granted, I still see idiots ignoring every recommendation, but they aren't taking anything serious.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

MikeP
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: White /red

Post by MikeP »

Mel46 wrote:MikeP,
Those cows don't seem to want to heed the 6 foot separation requirements. You might do well to avoid them. Social distancing is important. You may have to yell at them about their attitude toward this. :lol:
I have tried to get close to them, but I think they can smell the BBQ sauce in my back pocket. :)
Happiness is two wheels and a full tank of gas!
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

Well they aren't dumb enough to stick around if they suspect that you ate their cousin!
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

hondamatic
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2017 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by hondamatic »

We are still doing fine. We have made our trips to the store for supplies and the only thing we have a hard time finding is bread machine flour and yeast. We have the regular flour and yeast but it's easier to let the machine do the baking. I finally got the PCX out after a long winter nap. Started on the first try but I have been letting it run every few weeks this winter. I need to change the oil and do an inspection soon now that it will be going more now. Still wearing a mask when we go out and staying the six foot thing and we will be doing that for a long while I'm afraid. This will be the new norm for us.
Hope everyone is still healthy.
Ride fast and keep it between the fences!
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

We are still doing fine. We have made our trips to the store for supplies and the only thing we have a hard time finding is bread machine flour and yeast.
I've heard from folks I know in the mid-west that flour and eggs are not always in abundant supply anymore.

Eggs I can understand but flour makes me wonder what is going on with that . . ..

Stay healthy and enjoy your PCX.
hondamatic
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2017 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by hondamatic »

Old Grinner wrote:
We are still doing fine. We have made our trips to the store for supplies and the only thing we have a hard time finding is bread machine flour and yeast.
I've heard from folks I know in the mid-west that flour and eggs are not always in abundant supply anymore.

Eggs I can understand but flour makes me wonder what is going on with that . . ..

Stay healthy and enjoy your PCX.
I guess people are going back to basics...baking, gardening and eating their own cooking at home. When the order came to stay at home the very first thing that left store shelves was toilet paper...go figure!? Eggs are available if you know where to look, bread flour and yeast not so much. We have not missed any meals so we are doing ok. We deliver meals on wheels to the old folks so they don't get left out either. Stay safe everyone.
Ride fast and keep it between the fences!
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

Well, after much back breaking labor we are finally in our new home. Granted, we are exhausted and everything is in the garage, but we are moved. Ugh, I don't want to do that again. Because of the Coronavirus we did the entire move ourselves, so I am really sore...but we are moved! :D

On another note, it looks like some of the restrictions have been lifted or at least are lessened now. I see people out without masks all over the place. Anyone know anything about the supposed second round of this stuff that is suppose to be happening now? I haven't kept up with the news because I am still finding the wires, TVs, speakers, etc. Maybe we will have the TVs up tonight, or at least one of them.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Who knows why this 1982 song just tuned up in my head. Haven't heard it in ages. It'll probably be another 38 yrs till I hear again! Wait, my age plus 38? Hmmm...

Yes I'm Out on the Streets again with mask, gloves, sunglasses and funny ballcap 8)

"Electric Avenue"
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: blk

Post by easyrider »

My bike, cars, and truck etc have never been cleaner..
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Mel46 wrote:Well, after much back breaking labor we are finally in our new home. Granted, we are exhausted and everything is in the garage, but we are moved. Ugh, I don't want to do that again. Because of the Coronavirus we did the entire move ourselves, so I am really sore...but we are moved! :D

On another note, it looks like some of the restrictions have been lifted or at least are lessened now. I see people out without masks all over the place. Anyone know anything about the supposed second round of this stuff that is suppose to be happening now? I haven't kept up with the news because I am still finding the wires, TVs, speakers, etc. Maybe we will have the TVs up tonight, or at least one of them.

You’ll be doing a garage shot?
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

Well, after much back breaking labor we are finally in our new home. Granted, we are exhausted and everything is in the garage, but we are moved. Ugh, I don't want to do that again. Because of the Coronavirus we did the entire move ourselves, so I am really sore...but we are moved! :D

We will have to "wait and see" what happens with a "second wave". Infections are rising in a number of states still. Just keep playing it safe for now. Err on the side of cleanliness and distance.

Your capital building back in 2001. Pics taken on my way to the Coke Museum. Not a mask in site. Those were the good 'ol days. :D
0402vac 028.jpg
0402vac 029.jpg