Empty Shelves

Anything and everything not related to anything else on this site.

Moderator: Modsquad

NADman
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013
Color: black

Re: Empty Shelves

Post by NADman »

Many of our grocery store chains are doing this across Canada.
7:00-8:00 AM for seniors and disabled. Bonus-we get the freshly stocked shelves.
Also promised no price gouging.
He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. -Winston S. Churchill.
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

Many of our grocery store chains are doing this across Canada.
7:00-8:00 AM for seniors and disabled. Bonus-we get the freshly stocked shelves.
Also promised no price gouging.
I used to start the day with optimism and a coffee . . ..

Now I start the day with a coffee and ask "What the hell is next?" . . .. :roll:

The worse it gets the more I'll ride! 8)
outlander
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: White

Post by outlander »

Mel46 wrote:It was a casualty a long time ago. Heck, I have heard that 'Ebonics' is going to be the next big thing in English classes. I also know that there are some high schools that are turning out graduates who can't read and write proper English. These same graduates get turned down for jobs because they don't "represent what the business wants as personnel who interact with the public."
Being an ex Brit that has lived in America for a long time, most Brits don't know what Ebonics is.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

outlander wrote:
Mel46 wrote:It was a casualty a long time ago. Heck, I have heard that 'Ebonics' is going to be the next big thing in English classes. I also know that there are some high schools that are turning out graduates who can't read and write proper English. These same graduates get turned down for jobs because they don't "represent what the business wants as personnel who interact with the public."
Being an ex Brit that has lived in America for a long time, most Brits don't know what Ebonics is.
Never heard the word "ebonics" till this thread.
Will ask my butler, he'll know.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Limey
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 16 Forza/16 PCX
Color: Red/Maroon

Post by Limey »

I'm a Brit and have lived in the US for 32 years. First I have heard of it too! I was thinking Phonics! :)
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

gn2 wrote:
outlander wrote:
Never heard the word "ebonics" till this thread.
Will ask my butler, he'll know.

I’ll ask the Queen if I see her out and about.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

A bit of humor - Parent turned Teacher:
Attachments
FB_IMG_1584590527521.jpg
FB_IMG_1584590527521.jpg (106.09 KiB) Viewed 483 times
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You