what was your previous bike?

Anything and everything not related to anything else on this site.

Moderator: Modsquad

halluinoid
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2018
Color: blue

what was your previous bike?

Post by halluinoid »

the time came when you found PCX or Forza! 8) GREAT! but did you have a previous life before you came to PCX or Forza? :D

I did! I now ride a Honda Forza 300 and love it, but traded in my Yamaha Virago that I had ridden over 10 years before that
Attachments
Just got home from work
Just got home from work
Virago Home.jpg (462.96 KiB) Viewed 5691 times
Coming home from work on the Yamaha Virago
Coming home from work on the Yamaha Virago
ViragoComingHome.jpg (199.93 KiB) Viewed 5691 times
2018 Honda Forza 300cc
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Re: what was your previous bike?

Post by gn2 »

Triumph Daytona 900, traded it for a PCX in 2010
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
DAB
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by DAB »

Yamaha MT-01 and others.
Other rides
Yamaha MT-01, Yamaha BT1100, Yamaha WR250R, Ducati 900 GTS, Honda VFR 750FV, Honda Forza 350
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

Burgman 400 - here it is being trucked 2,440 miles to its new owner in Portland, Oregon.Image
Traded it for a Piaggio Liberty 150iABS.
You can see my reflective 3M red pin-stripe and the front fender extender held by 3M tape only (no holes drilled), the mirror stem extenders from the UK, and golden adjustable levers from Japan. That's an Ermax sport screen from France - so much better than the head-battering stock screen. Flashing tailblazer brake bulbs and DrPulley sliders.

Like the little red Piaggio much better than I ever did the 489lb Burg! Maybe if it'd been Forza red!
Fish
halluinoid
Regular User
Regular User
Color: blue

Post by halluinoid »

Fish, trucked 2,440 miles to its new owner in Portland, Oregon? what's the full story? sounds an epic transport to me, must have cost a fortune!!
2018 Honda Forza 300cc
Limey
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 16 Forza/16 PCX
Color: Red/Maroon

Post by Limey »

halluinoid wrote:Fish, trucked 2,440 miles to its new owner in Portland, Oregon? what's the full story? sounds an epic transport to me, must have cost a fortune!!
That's how far it is from Ohio to Oregon.:) When I moved from the UK to the US it took me a long time to get used to just how big it is here. I moved to Colorado and worked out that the whole of the UK land area is roughly the same as Colorado!

Its a big country. I can drive 750 miles from where I live and still be in Florida (Panama City Beach to Key West :))
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

halluinoid wrote:Fish, trucked 2,440 miles to its new owner in Portland, Oregon? what's the full story? sounds an epic transport to me, must have cost a fortune!!
Actually very little gun play and few car chases involved - mentioned the sale on the BurgmanUSA forum. Fellow liked my photos and agreed to my price......then told me he was in Oregon.
I said I'll hold it for a few days - but YOU figure out a plan to do this cross country sale, I'm going to go have coffee.
He did. Obviously a degree of trust was involved - him mostly....but I had a good reputation on the Burg forum.
He sent the $ to my bank - and hired trucking co. to come fetch it and my paperwork. He paid @$650 to the trucking co. (he said)
I cancelled my insurance the day they rolled it onto the truck - He started his that day.

My scooter arrived in Oregon about 2 weeks later in perfect condition. It went east (first to a major trucking hub) before going west.
It was actually a pretty smooth transaction. I just went to my bank to check on things - had a coffee and took snaps while they loaded it.
Sold all my spares (oil filters, plugs, orig. tall screen, manual, etc.) through the burg forum - met the buyers at local motorcycle dealer parking lot for the payments.
Fish
Regular User
Regular User
Color: 15 Forza

Post by 87112 »

SYM HD200, about as perfect as you can get except for SYM's cheap internal parts and at times unreliable carbs.

The ride itself was brilliant and handling was on par with motorcycles.
:geek:
cnikonpete
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2019
Color: red

Post by cnikonpete »

Kawasaki ER 5 500, had to go lighter due to back problems, just had spinal operation, but will keep the PCX, got used to the easy life, if somewhat slower. Been riding since 1969, so lots of bikes, but think this will be the last one.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

My previous bike was a Burgman 400, which I really loved. However, since we have slowed down now from #$&% old age, I found it hard to push in and out of parking spaces when just going for coffee or to grab a few items at the grocery store. My wife has a PCX 150 and it was a blast to ride, so I traded down and got one for myself. I really love it.

Prior to the Burgman my list is long, since I started riding in 1964 or '65 and have had all sorts of bikes since then. I am not certain, but I think my last motorcycle was and older Honda 350 Scrambler that I bought for $150 from a lady whose son had owned it. It was just too good of a deal to turn down. She didn't say if her son was still living but I got the impression that he wasn't. I loved that bike! It was quick and dependable. We could take it off of paved roads too because the exhaust was raised. It wasn't my only bike, but it was fun to ride.

It looked like this. I eventually gave it to a college student who needed basic transportation to and from school.
Honda350Scrambler.jpg
Honda350Scrambler.jpg (62.05 KiB) Viewed 5593 times
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
springer1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: white

Post by springer1 »

Nice CL Honda you had there !!!
Eiron
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Poseidon Black

Post by Eiron »

My first motorbike was a 1980 Honda C70 Passport. I decided to sell it to buy my Nobilette randonneur bicycle. Now I've got both the bicycle and the PCX. :D
Attachments
Honda-C70-Passport-Deluxe-Left-Side.jpg
Honda-C70-Passport-Deluxe-Left-Side.jpg (73.81 KiB) Viewed 5516 times
oyb_panniers.jpg
oyb_panniers.jpg (98.55 KiB) Viewed 5516 times
Dave Weller

Post by Dave Weller »

I have a 2010 Silverwing and now feel the time is right for me to downsize to a Forza 125, looking on this site for information. I have had an Swing125 and found that sufficient so a 125 Forza will be fine for my needs now.
Thanks for allowing me to join the site, ride safe when we get back on the roads
Regards Dave,
Chatham Kent, England
big bear
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2016
Color: silver

Post by big bear »

for me the pcx was my first bike i wish i would of started riding sooner i started when i was 63
Old Scoot
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Old Scoot »

My first two-wheeler was a Heinkel Tourist, a 175 cc 4-stroke scooter with 4 hand operated trans, I got my motorcycle drivers licence on it.
Heinkel Tourist.jpg
My second was a JAWA 350 Californian Oilmaster and had a 350 cc twin 2-stroke engine, the best thing about this bike was it had a semi automatic 4 gear trans I could shift gears without using the clutch and it mixed the 2-stroke oil on its own while the engine ran.
JAWA Californian 350 Oilmaster.jpg
My last bike was a Honda CB 400Four 400 cc 4-stroke with a 6 gear trans, I could go to 90 km/h in first gear with about 11000 rpm, gear 5 & 6 were actually both overdrives. It was a lovely bike to ride on, I sold it about 15 years ago and since then I haven't rode a bike.
Honda CB 400Four.jpg
And if all goes well I'll have a new Honda Forza 300 this year.
12920-Forza 300 - Cresent Blue Metallic.jpg
alx123
Bangkok Rider
Bangkok Rider
Year: 2016
Color: Fast White

Post by alx123 »

In South east Asia we love smaller bikes

first bike is from my Dad

A 2-stroke Yamaha L2GF

riding this in the countryside before i even have a license :oops:
l2gf.jpg
l2gf.jpg (134.98 KiB) Viewed 5491 times
second bike I bought a 4-stroke 110cc underbone
x-1.jpg
x-1.jpg (137.06 KiB) Viewed 5491 times
took this little fella on a 800 mile trip around the country many times around year 2008, it's still working now and my nephews are riding it around the farm :lol:
Everything looks better from the inside of a motorcycle helmet...
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

Still riding it . . ..
100_6064a.jpg
But my last scooter?

Still riding it . . .

However for history sake . . . the one before that and the one before that.
PCXMonkey1.jpg
DCP_1523a.jpg
xixon
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013 PCX 150
Color: Black

Post by xixon »

my first "bike" was a 50cc moped (with pedals) and it had a 2 speed transmission ...can't remember the details as this was over 40 years ago

my first real motorbike was a 1976 Kawasaki KZ900 ....was a very fast bike for the time....lucky I didn't kill myself on it

This is a picture of one....but this pic is not me or my bike, as we didn't have digital cameras back then
1976-Kawasaki-KZ900.jpg
1976-Kawasaki-KZ900.jpg (177.01 KiB) Viewed 5478 times
Eiron
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Poseidon Black

Post by Eiron »

2 Fast 4 U wrote:My first two-wheeler was a Heinkel Tourist, a 175 cc 4-stroke scooter with 4 hand operated trans, I got my motorcycle drivers licence on it.
Heinkel Tourist.jpg
I love the looks of this scooter!! 8) How was it to ride?
I also got my motorcycle license on my C70. The DMV tester said, "You're gonna test on THAT?!" He seemed annoyed that he had to set up the test course for a scooter. :lol:
GodFather
Year: 2020 PCX150A
Color: RED

Post by GodFather »

2004 Honda ST1300A
Attachments
6C58BA1C-D9F6-4C90-A050-E7944ECE9F79_1_105_c.jpeg
6C58BA1C-D9F6-4C90-A050-E7944ECE9F79_1_105_c.jpeg (216.02 KiB) Viewed 5472 times

2020 PCX150ABS Candy Luster Red - Stock