First Ride In 2020

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Docscooter2010
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2019
Color: PCX Black

First Ride In 2020

Post by Docscooter2010 »

Got the PCX out of mothballs for the first time this year . Had a bit of good weather , so went for it . Great to be back on the road again. Popped into my local main dealer ( not Honda ) for my First Service, but they were fully booked all week . Could maybe get in next week but the weather is gonna get a bit stormy , so I’ve heard . In no hurry , still only got 530 ml on the clock . Nice little ride out though . I think everyone must of had the same idea as me , get out while the weather nice . Roll on Spring
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Re: First Ride In 2020

Post by you you »

Docscooter2010 wrote:Got the PCX out of mothballs for the first time this year . Had a bit of good weather , so went for it . Great to be back on the road again. Popped into my local main dealer ( not Honda ) for my First Service, but they were fully booked all week . Could maybe get in next week but the weather is gonna get a bit stormy , so I’ve heard . In no hurry , still only got 530 ml on the clock . Nice little ride out though . I think everyone must of had the same idea as me , get out while the weather nice . Roll on Spring

Couldn’t agree more, bring on Spring.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I had thought yesterday that I might go for a ride today. Nope. Today we have flood warnings, tornado watches, really bad thunderstorms and rain so heavy that many roads are flooded. No riding in that stuff.

I looked out at my back yard and it looks like a lake. There is a creek behind our house, on a neighbor's property. I feel sorry for them. They are a young couple who were told that the creek never floods. Ha! That creek is so high right now that you can't see where the creek banks are.

Well, it will clear up in a day or so. Then I have to wait for the muddy path to the street to dry. I guess riding will have to wait.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
xixon
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013 PCX 150
Color: Black

Post by xixon »

I've been able to ride my scooter most days this year....we had snow a few days but it melts quickly once the rain returns
Docscooter2010
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2019
Color: PCX Black

Post by Docscooter2010 »

Just seen the weather for the weekend, storm Ciara I think it was called . It’s gonna start Saturday night into Sunday , 60mph winds and lashing rain . Don’t get caught in that . Only for the Brave or foolish . Keeping well out of that !!