New 2014 Honda Forza

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

writergirl4017
Year: 2019
Color: Bronze Metalic

New 2014 Honda Forza

Post by writergirl4017 »

Just upgraded to a 2014 Honda Forza from my PCX. It definitely has juice but wow is it heavy!! Makes me almost wish I had gone for an Xmax. Lighter and more powerful but also 3,000 more new. Once I get going I love riding it. I feel almost like I’m riding a mini touring scooter and my feet actually reach the ground. Which they have not on any other scooter I’ve ridden. Motorcycles yes, but then I have trouble shifting, hence the reason I prefer scooters. There are some mods I would like to do, mainly led lights and a windscreen. Or higher windscreen. I’ve only taken out on short trips but it was 65 today in PA which is unusual for January. I kept it to 55 mph because the wind sheer was nuts. But who can resist going out when it’s that warm in January. My husband inherited my PCX so he was able to keep up with me at 55. Any faster and probably not. But lots of roads around us are local and 45-55 mph speed limits so he should be able keep up-once he overcomes his fear. He had an SH 150 but didn’t like it because it was heavy and big wheels made him feel unsafe, despite the fact that in reality it makes it more safe, but whatever will get him over his fear of going above 30 mph for extended periods of time. Anybody who owns a Forza do a headlight mod to get LEDS looking more like the PCX? Any tips would be appreciated!
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Re: New 2014 Honda Forza

Post by gn2 »

Xmax 300 seat is much higher and wider so would probably be less suitable for you.
Taller screen causes turbulent air and helmet buffeting, stock shorty screen is best.
LED modification to headlamp should be avoided, instead install additional LED spots.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

Good luck with your new 2014 Forza. :D
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2014
Color: Silver

Post by davenowherejones »

gn2 wrote:Xmax 300 seat is much higher and wider so would probably be less suitable for you.
Taller screen causes turbulent air and helmet buffeting, stock shorty screen is best.
LED modification to headlamp should be avoided, instead install additional LED spots.
It depends on your height. At 5 foot 6 I really like my Honda tall screen. I would like to try a GIVI Adjustable screen.

Lots of plastic things cracked when I changed over to the Tall Screen. The original body plastic is brittle and very thin.

I did the LED conversion on my 2014 Forza and on my Dodge Dakota 4WD. It is a real hit and miss if you get something that works. My Forza mostly works but my truck is awful. I have tried two different LED bulbs in my truck with no real success.

I have installed LED spots on my Forza. The $25 eBay lights quit working after a few months and they cycled from Hi, Low & Flashing. You got the next one every time you turned the key on. Really bad.

My second pair of slightly more expensive Canadian Tire spots only partially work.

I will try a more expensive pair when they quit. The stupid lights are not waterproof and fail.

-5C, windy and snowing today here. No riding for a few months.
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: blk

Post by easyrider »

Tall windshield works great for me.If you keep it short you will need a full helmet with face shield which many prefer.Not me i like the feel of the wind and more in touch with my surroundings.To each is own,but tall windshield works good at sending wind over my head and helps keeping rain off my face.A heavier bike is better in wind however the 300 may get some minor pushing around.The PCX will get pushed around much more for sure.
mymitzi
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013
Color: black

Post by mymitzi »

Used to hate windshields...........think there is a "sweet spot" where they work well......takes some trimming occasionally.
No need to trim the tall Honda Forza windshield, for me...... [5'7"] . So nice in colder weather, and enough of a breeze
in the hot stuff .... w/o the bugs. Many things in life are compromises......
Regular User
Regular User
Color: 15 Forza

Post by 87112 »

XMAX is lighter but that taller and wide seat makes the center of gravity higher. I was at the dealer and sitting on it flicking it side to side it felt no lighter than my Forza.

For a 300 if its light Get the Vespa GTS300 which will surly make your wallet lighter as well. But if you drop that thing, the repairs of a all metal frame will be dang expensive.

The compromise is the Forza 1st gen.
:geek:
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

easyrider wrote:Tall windshield works great for me.If you keep it short you will need a full helmet with face shield which many prefer.Not me i like the feel of the wind and more in touch with my surroundings.To each is own,but tall windshield works good at sending wind over my head and helps keeping rain off my face.A heavier bike is better in wind however the 300 may get some minor pushing around.The PCX will get pushed around much more for sure.
So you prefer an open face to have the wind in your face but prefer a tall screen to keep the wind off your face? :roll: :lol:
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

davenowherejones wrote:
gn2 wrote:Xmax 300 seat is much higher and wider so would probably be less suitable for you.
It depends on your height. At 5 foot 6 I really like my Honda tall screen. I would like to try a GIVI Adjustable screen.

Lots of plastic things cracked when I changed over to the Tall Screen. The original body plastic is brittle and very thin.

I did the LED conversion on my 2014 Forza and on my Dodge Dakota 4WD. It is a real hit and miss if you get something that works. My Forza mostly works but my truck is awful. I have tried two different LED bulbs in my truck with no real success.

I have installed LED spots on my Forza. The $25 eBay lights quit working after a few months and they cycled from Hi, Low & Flashing. You got the next one every time you turned the key on. Really bad.

My second pair of slightly more expensive Canadian Tire spots only partially work.

I will try a more expensive pair when they quit. The stupid lights are not waterproof and fail.

-5C, windy and snowing today here. No riding for a few months.

LED replacement bulbs are unlikely* to work in your Dodge as the reflectors are designed for filament bulbs.

*won’t
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2014
Color: Silver

Post by davenowherejones »

There are some LED's that try to imitate filament bulbs by placing the LED's in the same position.

The 3 different types I have tried are not really very good.

I was breaking Forza halogen bulbs with my rough road riding. The LED's are still shining after 1000's of kms.

After I break my current fender mounted LED lights I will try some more expensive lights on the fender.

The Dodge is destined for the scrap yard so I will run with what I have.

I hate night driving anyway. 60 year old eyes are not great in the dark.