2019 PCX Pics and More . . ..

Pictures of your scooter, ride reports, and day trips.

Moderator: Modsquad

Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

2019 PCX Pics and More . . ..

Post by Old Grinner »

Today I took a drive over to the Honda/Kaw dealer to check out some of the latest and greatest machines for under $4K. :geek:

Bottom line is I was able to get a chance to sit on a number of them and what really impressed me the most was the improved seat comfort on the 2019 PCX. That said the 2020 PCX when it arrives here should continue with the new seat design and material. The seat is much softer than the one on my 2017 model. It also seems to be "roomier" . . . or maybe my mind is playing tricks on me but it really does feel much more comfortable. Stretching my feet out on the floor boards was doable. I didn't sense any seat rim digging into my spine. I immediately said to myself, "I can do this!". There could indeed be a new PCX in my future later this year. TBH I'd prefer a 2020 red one. The 2019 bronze color is OK but not my first choice. I still need to work out the details on my trade etc. . .. :D

I also got a chance to sit on the new Super Cub 125, Grom 125, Kaw Z125 Pro, and Monkey. Here are some pics from the visit today. 8)
100_6537a.jpg
100_6538a.jpg
100_6539a.jpg
100_6540a.jpg
100_6541a.jpg
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Re: 2019 PCX Pics and More . . ..

Post by fish »

Yep, easy decision - the blue Cub is much better looking! A shame about that gray seat.
Fish
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

Yep, easy decision - the blue Cub is much better looking! A shame about that gray seat.
Fish
I hear ya . . ..

That blue one has all that ocean, sky, and Mr. Honda's favorite color for the seat thing going for it.

That said the red one does look nice in person and it is in the spirit of "Ride Red" less the seat color. Not bad though.

When the Cubs first hit the market here in 2019 the closest one to me was in R.I. . . .near Providence. Now going into 2020 my local dealer in CT has two. From what I heard they had some come in earlier last year that were already spoken for because a couple of customers put deposits on them back in May and decided they'd wait. I felt very fortunate to be able to sample one first hand today. Truly a nice machine but considering my personal situation the PCX, or any quality scooter for that matter that fits my needs, is a better fit.

TBH I liked the Cub but the shifting arrangement gave me some concerns. Maybe I've got big boots or something. Years ago I had a chance to ride what I think was an S 90 with a heel/toe shifter and back then it seemed OK. A friend of mine's Dad was into bikes and we rode that thing over hill and dale through fields and pastures without a burp.

Keeping it "twist and go" is sort of my priority now . . . except for keeping my KLR. That has sentimental value. It may go to a museum some day. But not yet! :lol:

I've got time to think on the deal but I was so impressed with the difference in the seat comfort on the new PCX that I felt compelled to get a new one. BTW the rear shocks do have progressive springs but are still non-adjustable.

The seat on the Super Cub was OK. I would have liked it to have been a regular seat with a pillion as was on the SYM Symba 100 but such is not the case. That said I don't think the original Cub model had a pillion seat in other countries . . . just the U.S..

Yorkie150
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2018/19
Color: RED

Post by Yorkie150 »

I like the two tone black / sliver exhaust cover on the 2020 PCX
https://www.facebook.com/groups/769137659827490/
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

I like the two tone black / sliver exhaust cover on the 2020 PCX
It seems not only key features and engineering has been improved but the styling as well . . ..

Again, I was truly amazed at the improvements.

For anyone out there who currently owns an older model of the PCX or previously rode one I suggest that if you happen by a Honda dealer and they have a 2019 or 2020 in stock to check one out. I think you'll agree Honda did a really nice job. :D
Yorkie150
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Yorkie150 »

I have a 2018/19 pcx 125 and looking the images of the 2020 model all I can see is that the exhaust heat shield /cover is two tone colour - plus the parking brake which I assume is a US DOT requirement ?
I wish the Euro / Uk models had a parking brake as it would make it easier parking the bike on hills on the side stand...I use a small cable tie to pull the rear lever in to top mine rolling away :)
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

I have a 2018/19 pcx 125 and looking the images of the 2020 model all I can see is that the exhaust heat shield /cover is two tone colour - plus the parking brake which I assume is a US DOT requirement ?
I wish the Euro / Uk models had a parking brake as it would make it easier parking the bike on hills on the side stand...I use a small cable tie to pull the rear lever in to top mine rolling away :)
The PCX 150 in the pics is a 2019. Honda only offered them in bronze here. The 2020 U.S. models will all be red.

They moved the parking brake from the port to the starboard side . . ..

The side panels are more sculpted and the wheels are obviously different.

Seat height is fractions of an inch higher than previous models. Maybe the padding has something to do with that.

Valve adjustment intervals are now every 4,000 miles for U.S. models. A big relief since on earlier U.S. models it was an initial at 600 miles and then every 2,500 miles.

The new engine also requires a new, different, NGK spark plug. My 2017 required a CPR7EA-9 but the new 2019 150 models require an MR8K-9. :geek:
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

With all of it's nice improvements it still functions the same. I would have hoped for disc brakes all around for better stopping power, and maybe additional lights all around so they can be seen better. I guess I just like my old PCX 150 better than the newer ones. I'm just old that way.
My bike waits for Spring.jpg
My bike waits for Spring.jpg (356.68 KiB) Viewed 1063 times
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
CTPCX
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2016
Color: red

Post by CTPCX »

At the end of 2018 I was hot on getting a PCX and went to the CT dealer in Groton. They had one in but hadn't assembled it yet. Made an appointment for the following Saturday to do a test ride. The Thursday before, I looked on Craigslist and there was a 2015 red PCX for sale 10 miles from my house! Met with the guy that evening and ended up buying it right off. I was the first to call. $1500 less than the new one. Great condition, love it.
If I had rode the 2019 I would have bought immediately it despite the fact that I hate that bronze color. Got lucky. Despite any improvements they may have with the 2019 I am glad I got the opportunity for the 2015.
Now if they bring the new ADV PCX to USA we may be talking trade in....
2015 Ruckus
2016 PCX
CTPCX
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2016
Color: red

Post by CTPCX »

Actually my PCX is a '16. My Ruckus is a '15.
2015 Ruckus
2016 PCX
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

With all of it's nice improvements it still functions the same. I would have hoped for disc brakes all around for better stopping power, and maybe additional lights all around so they can be seen better. I guess I just like my old PCX 150 better than the newer ones. I'm just old that way.
The picture does your PCX justice Mel. It looks new!

To the untrained eye you could have said it's a red 2020. :lol:
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Nice garage shot.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Actually that's my basement. I roll the bikes in there in the winter or when the weather is going to be bad for an extended amount of time. Interestingly enough, my basement started flooding during the last big rain. That shop vac came in real handy then...and the bikes stayed dry. :-)
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
springer1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2018
Color: white

Post by springer1 »

you you wrote:Nice garage shot.
+1
Yorkie150
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Yorkie150 »

The UK is currently experiencing flooding / heavy rain / high winds and this morning we had 3 inches of snow which brought our local roads to a standstill. Thankfully all the snow has gone and the heavy rain and high winds have returned. I live up in the hills and our house os approx 750 feet above sea level with higher ground behind us leading up to 1100 feet...We have farmland ( my small holding ) behind the house which currently resembles a swamp due to being heavily waterlogged. A few years back we flooded and so an investment was made in the way of land drainage around the rear garden of my house which leads onto the fields. Thankfully this year we haven't flooded although the gardens / lawns are really waterlogged and walking across them turns it to a swamp with one pass across. Thankfully my garage hasn't flooded although the chimney to the wood burning stove has had to be capped due to the high rainfall ( rain down the chimney !! ) so we are resorting to radiant heaters to keep the building dry and keep my bikes warm while in hibernation. I hate the winter although the local ducks and geese seem to have no problems...but then again..they dont ride motorcycles. :)
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

The UK is currently experiencing flooding / heavy rain / high winds and this morning we had 3 inches of snow which brought our local roads to a standstill. Thankfully all the snow has gone and the heavy rain and high winds have returned. I live up in the hills and our house os approx 750 feet above sea level with higher ground behind us leading up to 1100 feet...We have farmland ( my small holding ) behind the house which currently resembles a swamp due to being heavily waterlogged. A few years back we flooded and so an investment was made in the way of land drainage around the rear garden of my house which leads onto the fields. Thankfully this year we haven't flooded although the gardens / lawns are really waterlogged and walking across them turns it to a swamp with one pass across. Thankfully my garage hasn't flooded although the chimney to the wood burning stove has had to be capped due to the high rainfall ( rain down the chimney !! ) so we are resorting to radiant heaters to keep the building dry and keep my bikes warm while in hibernation. I hate the winter although the local ducks and geese seem to have no problems...but then again..they dont ride motorcycles. :)
Any improvements with the weather?

The cap on the chimney will help to keep squirrels out . . .. It can happen. Believe it or not! :roll: