New Year's Day Ride

Pictures of your scooter, ride reports, and day trips.

Moderator: Modsquad

Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

New Year's Day Ride

Post by Old Grinner »

I was able to deal with the upper 30's today on a ride around the waterfront. My "ICE" Warning popped up on my gauge. Earlier it got to 40 F. but when I returned I noticed it had dropped to 38 F. It was mid afternoon before I get things sorted and jumped on the XMax. Didn't see one other motorcycle or scooter on the road. That said I did get a couple of headlight flashes and a thumbs up from a passing cager. :D

The sea gulls were on guard duty at the Saybrook Point Mini Golf. It closes down in the early Autumn and reopens in the Spring.
100_6513a.jpg
100_6514a.jpg
100_6515a.jpg
I managed to get a few pics in at Harvey's Beach as well. Very windy again.
100_6519a.jpg
100_6522a.jpg
100_6524a.jpg
big bear
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2016
Color: silver

Re: New Year's Day Ride

Post by big bear »

i was stuck inside 3 inches of snow last night monday was nice i took both the pcx and the x max for a ride
Regular User
Regular User
Color: 15 Forza

Post by 87112 »

Its been one of the darkest and rainest December in Seattle history. To keep sane I ride whenever it does not rain and also watch youtube videos of people riding motorcycles.

Prices for homes in Seattle have reached Southern Cal's prices but we have to pay the lousy weather for 6 months tax.

Thats one mean looking XMAX in all matte black. I like the black and white the most.
:geek:
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Those are Great down by the shore photos! Looks like you had a gloomy and windy New Years Day. I wonder How LI managed to have Sun. But it was windy and some good gusts flew by taking a few garbage cans with them.
Birds have it rough flying, but them seagulls got it down to a science. Perch, poop, fly, eat...repeat. Hard for them to find food. Do you feed them while you're there?

Oh, Not me! Flashback: Left my jeep down by the water. Fished all day on a charter boat. Returned to jeep to find it covered in the shite....like a Full blanket of snow!! Oh My Gosh! With my catch in hand I bellowed soo loud every seagull took flight! Found a spicket, wet my rag and cleared an area to see out of for the trip home. What an awful job that was to clean off!! Had to be done right away.

I do like seeing your pics without sunglasses on :D and I bet YOU like Riding without wearing them! That's the Best imo.

ANY NEW YEAR RESOLUTIONS MADE YET?
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

ANY NEW YEAR RESOLUTIONS MADE YET?
Yup. :D

Just the usual . . .. :?

Maintain health by eating less meat and dairy and more plant based food. :geek:

Lose about 100 lbs. so my scooters will get better MPG. 8)

And hope I win the lottery. :lol:
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

The 1st was OK, but today through the next 3 days it is rain, rain, rain. Typical Georgia winter weather. No riding.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
relic
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red white

Post by relic »

Every day I get to watch the daily commute of both sea gulls and geese inland and back.
The geese in their tight v formation headed to the grassy playing fields to eat and poop all day.
Some of the gulls try to mimic the geese but just can't to seem to get it right-kind of a f troop version-most just flap along in small groups or by themselves on their way to
the landfill to eat and poop all day.
riding@100mpg
Regular User
Regular User
Color: red

Post by riding@100mpg »

good pictures! i'm warming up to the looks of that scooter! making myself nervous, think i'll hit up the Yamaha dealer just to peek at it, not letting the pcx go but maybe add another
big bear
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2016
Color: silver

Post by big bear »

i started with just a pcx and the same day i passed my motorcycle exam at the DMV i went out and bought an X max its a great scooter you will like it
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

good pictures! i'm warming up to the looks of that scooter! making myself nervous, think i'll hit up the Yamaha dealer just to peek at it, not letting the pcx go but maybe add another
its a great scooter you will like it
I feel my money was well spent. :D

It's just powerful enough to manage Interstate Highways. It's comfortable enough to ride for a long time. It's fuel economy is amazing for a 292cc engine. The windscreen can be raised or lowered manually (if needed . . . mine was fine the way it came from the dealer). There is plenty of underseat stowage capacity (but some helmets may fit and some may not) . . . that said there is a helmet post under the seat on the starboard side. I could go on but performance, comfort, and power are there . . .. 8)

One thing to note is that the suspension is plush. It's not like a sport bike. It handles quite well. But at Interstate speeds just remember it's still a scooter and to approach weird road irregularities, expansion joints on bridges (or bridges with steel grate decks), or asphalt repair jobs that leave humps or dips with focus.

I've ridden mine on just about any reasonable road type since I bought it less than a year ago and have to say I've got no regrets. I've taken it somewhat "off road" (dirt forest roads), over steel grated bridge decks, on Interstate Highways, poorly maintained back roads, in rain (not snow though), bumper to bumper traffic (no overheating), and some steep hills. It just goes and goes.

As with any larger scooter you will notice the turning radius is wider.

That's about it . . ..

Enjoy the visit to your dealership and check one out. If you have shorter legs move forward in the saddle (it narrows) to plant your feet on the ground easier. The first time you board it make sure the kickstand is down. It's heavier than the PCX and until you get used to it a little extra stability is a good thing. :)